The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended 0-1.

Didn't really test their keeper who was on debut. Didn't get Thomas or Babos into the game enough 2nd half. Bit disappointing, didn't think Zanzala & Bennett looked right together up front. Bateman looked okay but with both him and Bird sitting deep we became even more disjointed than in the 1st half.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

FT 

Derby 0-1 Everton 

Miserable few days nicely rounded off by rip off rural Ireland 'broadband' preventing me from watching all but the last few minutes of a game I'd been really looking forward to.Didn't see Guy there at the end,was he injured,or just replaced because he hasn't played much since the injury?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Replaced by Bateman midway thru but no-one knew why.

Suppose a cameo for the first team and then three quarters of an U23 game is a reasonable progression for someone returning from a long lay off.

9 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Miserable few days nicely rounded off by rip off rural Ireland 'broadband' preventing me from watching all but the last few minutes of a game I'd been really looking forward to.Didn't see Guy there at the end,was he injured,or just replaced because he hasn't played much since the injury?

He was replaced by Bateman .

Derby did well 2nd half but just couldn't score an equaliser 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He was replaced by Bateman .

Derby did well 2nd half but just couldn't score an equaliser 

From the little I've seen of them thus far,in one or two games they've looked like they needed a composed/clinical finisher.Probably wouldn't send them soaring up the table,but it'd help.Is Vernam anywhere near fit,as he's one I'd like to have a look at?

27 minutes ago, ramblur said:

From the little I've seen of them thus far,in one or two games they've looked like they needed a composed/clinical finisher.Probably wouldn't send them soaring up the table,but it'd help.Is Vernam anywhere near fit,as he's one I'd like to have a look at?

Probably right about that.

In defence Shackell and Ethan Walsall look ok together.

Etan Wassall is decent and takes after his dad who was a very good defender. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Probably right about that.

In defence Shackell and Ethan Walsall look ok together.

Etan Wassall is decent and takes after his dad who was a very good defender. 

I quite like Ethan-you've just made me realise I called him 'Nathan' after an earlier game:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, ramblur said:

There was an interview with Vernam in July saying he will be out for 6-9 months, so looking around xmas return at the earliest, unfortunately. 

Archived