Are we in for a busy couple of days?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rowett said he expected all incomings to be done by the time the Rams go to Germany, with only a couple of days left and none of the forward players signed yet, are today and tomorrow the days when we strike?

I can see us having a busy end to the week.

Needs to be more outs than ins surely 

They are flying tomorrow , don't know where from so may even travel down to London tonight . so cannot see any players in before we go unless they happen quickly today , also noted that in his latest interview he now said you can start to have an idea about your first 11 , so I still think unfinished business , it may be more of an interest if someone doesnt travel

27 minutes ago, JG400 said:

They are flying tomorrow , don't know where from so may even travel down to London tonight . so cannot see any players in before we go unless they happen quickly today , also noted that in his latest interview he now said you can start to have an idea about your first 11 , so I still think unfinished business , it may be more of an interest if someone doesnt travel

Nugent said in his interview only 20 players are travelling so will be interesting to see who doesn't travel other than the injured players

To be fair to him, when he said it, he might have expected deals to go through - and as we all know things change very quickly in football and what seems ok today isn't tomorrow, so I wouldn't use it as a stick to beat him with.

He may well not have intended to spend time looking for a DM until Thorne broke down again, or he might have been led to believe deals for some, maybe Lawrence or Jota, were in the offing. You just don't know. 

The business he has done so far has been good, if things take a little longer, then so be it.

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

Why would you travel to London? It's Germany..?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rowett said he expected all incomings to be done by the time the Rams go to Germany, with only a couple of days left and none of the forward players signed yet, are today and tomorrow the days when we strike?

I can see us having a busy end to the week.

How recent was that statement? Because the most recent ones I've seen have talked about it taking time due to PL clubs coming back from summer breaks later

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How recent was that statement? Because the most recent ones I've seen have talked about it taking time due to PL clubs coming back from summer breaks later

thats what i read recently that they are waiting on prem teams to come back.also read we were still in for lawrence but that was up to 2 weeks away down to asian tour ( think that was on fl transfers so not counting on it but would explain).trouble is teams are still watching there own players so it will take a bit of time, look at our incomings have had there buyout clause activated and they took time to complete.we have to unload more also

2 hours ago, JG400 said:

Id imagine it will be a private charter from east mids

Come back after the game then,and to a closer local airport in germany

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

It was the same interview when he said we have some excellent targets, the interview may still be on the official site.

Obviously things have changed.

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Nugent said in his interview only 20 players are travelling so will be interesting to see who doesn't travel other than the injured players

Don't think there will be any great shocks. Probably three goalkeepers in that list of twenty, leaving about the number of established first team players that went to Tenerife after taking into account the list of injuries

Archived