Final Squad

sage

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I agree with the names that seem to be consistently on everyone's OUT list, although I think I'd rather keep Vydra and Johnson and lose Bryson/Russell.

As much as I like them, if they were to find their long absent form I don't think they're capable of producing the performances Vydra/Johnson are if they rediscover their confidence and form. I also think Vydra will be a different player when he plays alongside Martin.

Completely the other way around for me....if it came to it,I'd lose vydra and johno before bryson and Russell who will come back into the fore I believe bouncing off Martin.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Completely the other way around for me....if it came to it,I'd lose vydra and johno before bryson and Russell who will come back into the fore I believe bouncing off Martin.

Absolutely. Martin played 2nd half yesterday but don't recall anybody being on his wave-length...neither Bryson nor Russell were on the park 2nd half.

1 hour ago, David said:

Keep forgetting Anya, Olsson can go then I'll let you get rid.

And don't forget McDonald who Rowett seems to really rate there. And have a gut feeling this move of Fozzy to CB isn't solely to ease him back but rather because he may prefer a McDonald / Lowe option at LB, and to open the poss of cover if he ships Keogh or shacks.

GK: Carson, Mitchell

RB: Wisdom, Baird

CB: Davies, Keogh, Shackell

LB: Forsyth, Lowe, MacDonald

DM: Huddlestone, Thorne, Johnson, Bryson, Elsnik

W: Lawrence, New Signing, Anya, Russell, Bennett 

#10: Weimann, Vydra

STMartin, Nugent, New Signing

Out: Roos (loan), Hanson (loan) Pearce, Olsson, Butterfield, Blackman, Bent

In: Tom Lawrence; another young winger; and a 'new type of striker'. Potentially Che Adams, as he is flexible and could also drop into the no. 10 role and play behind Martin.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So that's you, me and @valleyram still see it :thumbsup:

It's been injuries that have mostly stopped us seeing the real Bryson the last few seasons, stop start, never gets his sharpness back with a run in the team. Played as DM or in a two you kill off what he does, it'd be like playing Vydra as a lone target man or Butterfield as a flying left winger......

He's the fittest he's been for a few seasons now and I fully expect him to be a starter every week with Rowett in charge letting him make forward runs 

u will see the real Bryso this season and I've just a feeling he will be one of rowetts main men in the season ahead 

I predict he will win poty this season for the 3rd time and still has his doubters ?

Carson Mitchell Roos
Wisdom Baird Keogh Davies Forsyth Olsson
Huddlestone Thorne Johnson Bryson Butterfield
Anya Bennett Russell Lawrence
Martin Nugent Vydra

Sell Bent, Blackman, Pearce, Weimann and Shackell.

Only other incoming is Lawrence.

Leaves us with a squad of 21. Have 2 of Hanson, Lowe, Rawson and Elsnik floating around the matchday squads and loan the others out.

Very strong, IMO.

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

He's the fittest he's been for a few seasons now and I fully expect him to be a starter every week with Rowett in charge letting him make forward runs 

u will see the real Bryso this season and I've just a feeling he will be one of rowetts main men in the season ahead 

I predict he will win poty this season for the 3rd time and still has his doubters ?

There's so much "grass is greener" in relation to our long standing players and I think a lot underestimate just how good they are on the basis they've seen so much of them and not as much of players in other teams who all have their failings (if they didn't they'd not be in the championship). Bryson Russell and Keogh are the standouts in this respect - no end of fans would happily be rid of them but as seen time and again we bring in players who aren't better. 

Every time we sign a winger it's like "oh well, that's the end of Russell" but only Ince has been clearly better.

This is what i expect..

In: Lawrence

Out: Roos, Shackell, Blackman & Lowe (loan to Jan for development, toughening up purposes)

GK: Carson, Mitchell

RB: Wisdom, Baird

LB: Forsyth, Olsson (until at least Jan)

CB: Keogh, Davies, Pearce

CM: Hudd, Thorne, Bryson, BJ, Butters

R/L: Russell, Lawrence, Anya, Weimann

FW: Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Bent

22 seniors + Hanson, Bennett, etc.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There's so much "grass is greener" in relation to our long standing players and I think a lot underestimate just how good they are on the basis they've seen so much of them and not as much of players in other teams who all have their failings (if they didn't they'd not be in the championship). Bryson Russell and Keogh are the standouts in this respect - no end of fans would happily be rid of them but as seen time and again we bring in players who aren't better. 

Every time we sign a winger it's like "oh well, that's the end of Russell" but only Ince has been clearly better.

I'd agree with that 100% mate and I don't know about keogh and Russell but Craig loves playing for derby and is desperate to help get them to the premiership 

I've a feeling this season Rowett will do just this 

I hope that Bryson has a good season, I really do because I support every Derby player out there when they go onto the field but he's been finished for years. People are slowly starting to see this but I haven't been convinced by him for ages. The turning point for me was after we beat Wolves 5-0 without Bryson in 14/15. He kills the momentum and build up of the side now and always takes the easy option. Maybe it's a bit harsh to call him this but he's not far off from me calling him Backwards Bryson. If we're going to play him, play him high up top as close to Martin as possible. If not, he shouldn't be in the starting line up.

38 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Martin played 2nd half yesterday but don't recall anybody being on his wave-length.

I honestly think we could utilise Anya in a similar way to the way we did Dawkins, who was always very good at making the link between Martin, Hughes & Hendrick work.

I'm not saying they possess all of he same qualities, but I HAVE seen glimpses of this ability in Anya's game (when he's managed to stay fit for more than 2 weeks) at times - he clearly did have an understanding with Vydra & slipped him in a few times early on last season, and against Macclesfield there were a couple of times he held it on the edge of the box and played a well weighted pass to the overlapping Olsson to put a cross across the box, as well as making the pass up to Martin which resulted in the free kick for the goal.

Gk - Carson, Mitchell

Defence - Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Rawson, Forsyth, Lowe

Midfield - Huddlestone, Thorne, Johnson, Hanson, Elsnik

Wingers - Bennett, Russell, Weimann, New winger

Attackers - Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Zanzala

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I hope that Bryson has a good season, I really do because I support every Derby player out there when they go onto the field but he's been finished for years. People are slowly starting to see this but I haven't been convinced by him for ages. The turning point for me was after we beat Wolves 5-0 without Bryson in 14/15. He kills the momentum and build up of the side now and always takes the easy option. Maybe it's a bit harsh to call him this but he's not far off from me calling him Backwards Bryson. If we're going to play him, play him high up top as close to Martin as possible. If not, he shouldn't be in the starting line up.

'Finished for years'

Utter tripe.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tell me what Bryson has done since the hattrick against Forest?

Played over 80 games for a mainly top 6 championship team scoring 10 times.

At what point was he finished?

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Played over 80 games for a mainly top 6 championship team scoring 10 times.

At what point was he finished?

He was picked mainly because other players were injured or suspended. He was finished in 2014 as soon and Hendrick and Hughes became regulars in the team after the forest game. It's no surprise that our football was fluent when Bryson didn't play such as when we beat Wolves 5-0 in 14/15 . People have overlooked his drastic decline because he was one of the clough originals and for his hattrick against forest but for my unbiased eyes, his decline is obvious. 

Tell me what Bryson even contributes when he doesn't play in a midfield 3? All I see is a player that runs around like a headless chicken when without possession, which leaves huge gaps in our midfield for the opposition to exploit and when he has the ball, he plays it sideways or backwards which allows the opposition to get back into shape.

Archived