Forum Update

Day

1 hour ago, admira said:

But still no go. "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and repoen the tab'.

I get that a couple of times a day, think Microsoft would prefer us to use Edge is it?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I get that a couple of times a day, think Microsoft would prefer us to use Edge is it?

You should make the jump, if you are jumping though Chrome should be the way to go. Internet Explorer is a dated browser and becoming less supported by the day. Will take some getting used to but give it a day or two and you won't regret it. 

Not a big fan of change so prefer the old version at the moment. But I preferred the old logo a few weeks ago now I barely remember what it looks like.

It'll take a bit of getting used to but in a week or two it'll be completely fine. Still 100x better to read and use than 99.9% of other clubs' forums on the internet.

Like the new design, though I must admit I liked having the reputation thing visible, not just because of my enormous posts to like ratio but also because it gives you an idea of whether the person who has posted is usually worth reading or not, or if their opinion is generally respected or considered a bit of a WUM/prat.  The number of likes isn't always the best guide for this, but it certainly gives a flavour.

8 minutes ago, David said:

You should make the jump, if you are jumping though Chrome should be the way to go. Internet Explorer is a dated browser and becoming less supported by the day. Will take some getting used to but give it a day or two and you won't regret it. 

I use Chrome for ahem Facebook and Twitter :ph34r: and Firefox for Ebay - I like to have the tabs open where I left them. So IE gets used for forums. Might try Edge again, didn't like it's stability (IE was more stable oddly enough) when I upgraded the laptop OS to Win10.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not a big fan of change so prefer the old version at the moment. But I preferred the old logo a few weeks ago now I barely remember what it looks like.

There's been a new logo? :huh: Oops. :D

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I use Chrome for ahem Facebook and Twitter :ph34r: and Firefox for Ebay - I like to have the tabs open where I left them. So IE gets used for forums. Might try Edge again, didn't like it's stability (IE was more stable oddly enough) when I upgraded the laptop OS to Win10.

In Chrome I believe you can pin tabs so they are there everytime you open the browser

4 hours ago, David said:

If you have ever accidentally tapped the forum icon on the homepage when using a touch device, you know what a pain in the arse that can be as it marks the board read and theres no going back. There is now a confirmation screen which pops up, if you accidentally click that as well, you maybe shouldn't be on the internet. (this only applies to touch devices so be careful with that cursor)

IMG_0009.PNG

I didn't get that option on android, just marked the whole Rams Talk as read....

Just now, Ramchop said:

I didn't get that option on android, just marked the whole Rams Talk as read....

Are you seeing the condensed mobile site or have you got the full site loaded up?

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I know it's only a small thing, but to like a post just click the heart twice, the thumbs up is to thank someone.

Thank God I only have small problems in my life.

Shouldn't take two clicks, just hold your cursor over it, wait for it to slide out then click the heart.

I'm starting to question myself on all this like thank stuff. Kept the heart as a like to be consistent to how it was before, but the thumb up is the traditional like, Twitter turned it into a heart and now I'm confused. Those first world problems eh. 

Change the Thank to Thumbs Up, could mean anything then, is that better? I'll need a plate of chips to decide

3 minutes ago, David said:

Shouldn't take two clicks, just hold your cursor over it, wait for it to slide out then click the heart.

I'm starting to question myself on all this like thank stuff. Kept the heart as a like to be consistent to how it was before, but the thumb up is the traditional like, Twitter turned it into a heart and now I'm confused. Those first world problems eh. 

Change the Thank to Thumbs Up, could mean anything then, is that better? I'll need a plate of chips to decide

I'm on a phone, don't think I've ever used a computer on this site!

I like the thank option, for instance if someone offers a restaurant recommendation etc, it's better than a like.

All looks good to me, although a post count next to the username would be useful, how will I pick on/ingratiate myself with newbies otherwise? 

There's cliques to maintain, you know.

9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Although I like the reaction things I am very reluctant to give any males a love heart. I just don't want them getting the wrong idea.

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I suppose I asked for that.

You mean your name isn't part rhyming slang?

Archived