Forum Update

Day

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

@David if you wanted to, could you (you as in the forum designer/owner) design your own icons for members to use instead of the heart, thumb etc.? Or do you have to use these ones?

My graphic skills are very very limited, you would end up with a bunch stick men.

Found a pack of emojis which I used, created the heart one myself though, in touch with my feminine side 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, David said:

My graphic skills are very very limited, you would end up with a bunch stick men.

Found a pack of emojis which I used, created the heart one myself though, in touch with my feminine side 

It's lovely. I was imagining some cheeky little sheep based icons...

Angry sheep face, happy thumbs up sheep face...

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Imagine if that facepalm I just did was a sheep doing a facepalm with his hoof... 

Your ideas are great, my execution of them would be less than great, I will see if I can find something pre made over the next few days

We need a 'dog with a bone' reaction to allow me to express my frustration about some people (particularly on the transfer threads) about their obsessions with making the same points in every thread no matter what the topic... 

:ph34r:

I miss the newest member announcement on the front page and the bit telling us how many members have joined, you really should be blowing your own  ? a bit there, over six thousand members is quite a big deal.

And the forum security is top notch I'm relieved to say. 

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

I miss the newest member announcement on the front page and the bit telling us how many members have joined, you really should be blowing your own  ? a bit there, over six thousand members is quite a big deal.

And the forum security is top notch I'm relieved to say. 

I actually removed that a few days before the update, just seemed a little unnecessary as does the member count, most of that 6000+ will be inactive accounts, don't like to remove them though as one day they may return.

As for the security I heard you discovered the new device feature, you can see all devices that have accessed your account here https://dcfcfans.uk/settings/devices/

Don't worry too much about the location, mine says Wolverhampton, some ISP's don't give exact locations.

Should also have two step authentication next week as another layer of protection for user accounts. 

Is it just me, or does the new bell of shame notification that x has reacted to a post bring out the worst of you?

My first thought is 'What the f**k are you reacting to, you bellend', before I click and see what's what.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Is it just me, or does the new bell of shame notification that x has reacted to a post bring out the worst of you?

My first thought is 'What the f**k are you reacting to, you bellend', before I click and see what's what.

:lol:

Must admit it's one thing I'm not overly in love with, before a like was a like, now I'm checking those posts to see what I've got, did I get hit with the facepalm of shame. 

Archived