Forum Update

Day

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Must admit I preferred it when members online were listed.If I'd replied to a member (using quote) and saw that member was online,I might stick around in case a reply were coming (otherwise I might feck off). I've a feeling you're going to tell me I could just click onto the member to see if he/she is online,but I found the other method easier for some reason. Unless I'm missing something,I now have to wade through pages to see which members are online?

Nothing has changed with this Ramnut. There is who's online box at the bottom of the homepage, you can also hover over the username in a post and it will tell you when they last visited, a green icon will show they are online.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would prefer to have the like to post ratio showing whenever a member makes a post, more for selfish reasons but also because it allows me to recognise particular posters if names/pictures are similar. However, I do realise that I'm a vain, egotistical little **** so feel free to ignore:p.

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Address bar on Android is now blue. Used to be black to tie in with site theme. Looks a bit weird. Deliberate or oversight? 

Oversight, I will look into it, haven't got an android device so will need to see what's causing it.

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Address bar on Android is now blue. Used to be black to tie in with site theme. Looks a bit weird. Deliberate or oversight? 

Can you try now for me please

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not sure if it's crappy IE, but URL wasn't auto converting to a picture for me

Might sound dumb but did the url end with an image extension, .png, .gif, .jpeg?

Just now, Srg said:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03451/SH-Lemar-2709_3_3451694k.jpg

posted it in the Ince replacement thread using the insert other media thing

You don't need to use that, just past the link into the editor and wait a second or two and it should automatically embed. 

Nothing wrong with the link, could be IE or time to try a clear cache

Just now, David said:

You don't need to use that, just past the link into the editor and wait a second or two and it should automatically embed. 

Nothing wrong with the link, could be IE or time to try a clear cache

I know I shouldn't need to, it just didn't pop up like it should. Must be crappy IE at work, just checking the update hadn't broke it.

1 minute ago, admira said:

Working fine on Firefox but having big problems with IE 11 as soona s I go to the home page:

11.jpg

15.jpg

22.jpg

Internet Explorer, the bane of my life ?

Can you do a clear history, cache or whatever Microsoft like to call it, might just be stuck trying to load the old site

59 minutes ago, David said:

Nothing has changed with this Ramnut. There is who's online box at the bottom of the homepage, you can also hover over the username in a post and it will tell you when they last visited, a green icon will show they are online.

Silly me-I saw the online users tab at the top of the page and assumed this was replacing what was at the bottom of the home page (without looking).I even remember now that you could previously check on all on line users.So, sorry and thanks.Just got to try and get the hang of this facepalm business now......old dog,new tricks:(

4 minutes ago, David said:

Internet Explorer, the bane of my life ?

Can you do a clear history, cache or whatever Microsoft like to call it, might just be stuck trying to load the old site

I cleared IE history and also used the CCleaner programme to make sure everything was gone (the one I ... ahem ... tell my Mrs 'gets rid of viruses') :ph34r: ...

But still no go. "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and repoen the tab'.

It crashes instantly.

If no-one else has this problem, I'll just change my default to Firefox. Can't useChrome as it's not copmpatible with some of our work systems.

1 minute ago, admira said:

I cleared IE history and also used the CCleaner programme to make sure everything was gone (the one I ... ahem ... tell my Mrs 'gets rid of viruses') :ph34r: ...

But still no go. "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and repoen the tab'.

It crashes instantly.

If no-one else has this problem, I'll just change my default to Firefox. Can't useChrome as it's not copmpatible with some of our work systems.

I'll try and get hold of a Windows device and see what's going on, if you can use Firefox for now though and I will get back to you on this

Archived