Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You really believe that? I mean, really believe It?

I do. Rowett needs a good start if he's going to be making kamikaze transfer deals like Pearson did, 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rambusta said:

No mention of Vydra? So as I understand it we still owe em for Vydra (however much that is) and have 4.5 plus addons in a "swap" for Anya?...

Therefore if I understand right we are getting Anya in a swap deal plus 4.5mill plus add ons...

It would be therefore safe to assume we still owe circ 6mill on Vydra...

therefore we still owe them 1.5mill which I am presuming the addons will take care of and maybe make us a slight profit...

In essence we have "swapped" WH for Vydra and Anya.....if my understanding is right....

All seems very odd to me.If Watford were so desparate to get Anya off the wage bill (presumably ditto Vydra,who must have been on bigger wages),then why did we pay so much for a player of his age?

34 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Takes 2 to tango,so we stitched ourselves up as well. Although the Anya fee appears high,I wouldn't call him dross.I also think Vydra could do quite well in the right set up.

I just get the feeling we are worse off after all three transactions. Hope you're right about Vydra. He doesn't seem on the same wave length if you ask for my opinion. A lot of flicks into space where players should be running into them but our players don't have the same vision. 

What were fans actually expecting from Rowett when he joined? He isnt known for getting his team playing nice football he is known for making his teams efficient and effective something we have lacked. All this mention of Pulis style of football blah blah, id rather play Pulis style football and get promoted than nice football and stay a nearly team.

Hughes was never going to be a Rowett style player, all the build the team around Hughes is fine but if you want that Rowett isnt your man.

I think it's just the fact that he's signing for Watford that's annoying, I wouldn't have begrudged him a move to a top 7 club, but Watford, I mean seriously, its embarrassing that our best homegrown player in a generation has been sold to Watford.

Bloody Watford.

(And may I add a pre-empted Yawn to all the dullards who will say that Watford are bigger than us, yadda yadda yadda, Premiership, zzzzzzzz)

From BBC Sport live updates:

"Will Hughes drives forwards before he is clattered again. Impressive few minutes from the Derby man."

"Here is Will Hughes, on for the stricken Nathaniel Chalobah. He doesn't have the physical presence of the Chelsea man but he can pass a football."

"Will Hughes is close to a £8m move to Watford, we hear. In modern money that's basically a free transfer. Good business."

article-2222277-15A7A082000005DC-818_634

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

From BBC Sport live updates:

"Will Hughes drives forwards before he is clattered again. Impressive few minutes from the Derby man."

"Here is Will Hughes, on for the stricken Nathaniel Chalobah. He doesn't have the physical presence of the Chelsea man but he can pass a football."

"Will Hughes is close to a £8m move to Watford, we hear. In modern money that's basically a free transfer. Good business."

article-2222277-15A7A082000005DC-818_634

Trolling level 1000.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I think it's just the fact that he's signing for Watford that's annoying, I wouldn't have begrudged him a move to a top 7 club, but Watford, I mean seriously, its embarrassing that our best homegrown player in a generation has been sold to Watford.

Bloody Watford.

(And may I add a pre-empted Yawn to all the dullards who will say that Watford are bigger than us, yadda yadda yadda, Premiership, zzzzzzzz)

i think it's a good move for him.  Starting at a small PL team is much preferable to going to say Tottenham or Everton and parking his butt on the bench most of the time.  If he does well there, bigger doors will open and for a young player that's an exciting proposition.

That being said, grrr, whatthe? sonofasomething, fourandahalfmillionareyoukiddingme?

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah I don't think we're ever going to look back on this and feel happy about swapping Will for Anya + £4m.

It takes me back to junior school when I had a swap of the FA Cup Panini sticker and I was hoping to swap it for a massive wedge of stickers - but some older kid basically bullied me into swapping it for a foil Celtic badge and some random player. Tosser.

21 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I just get the feeling we are worse off after all three transactions. Hope you're right about Vydra. He doesn't seem on the same wave length if you ask for my opinion. A lot of flicks into space where players should be running into them but our players don't have the same vision. 

More the fault of other players really.From what I've seen,his movement is good and he takes up great positions in the box.

On another note,I've been very impressed with Nugent's movement to drag defenders away and create space for others.You sometimes don't realise how good a player is until you see him week in,week out. I used to think Paul Goddard was simply a good player before we signed him,but didn't realise how good before I saw him plying his trade on a regular basis.It was always very tough leaving him (and O'Hare) out of a compilation of the best team comprised of the players I'd seen.You could pair either with Hector/Saunders/Bobby D (and even Kevin Wilson,no disrespect intended) and still come up with a strikeforce almost as good (imo) as the Hector/George combination I came up with.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah I don't think we're ever going to look back on this and feel happy about swapping Will for Anya + £4m.

It takes me back to junior school when I had a swap of the FA Cup Panini sticker and I was hoping to swap it for a massive wedge of stickers - but some older kid basically bullied me into swapping it for a foil Celtic badge and some random player. Tosser.

F.A Cup sticker for a Celtic badge? 

What a horrible bar steward!

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Why not watch non-league instead then? 

Cuz i support Derby and i want to see us playing at the top level, the style of football doesnt overly matter. If im honest id like us to go up playing nice football like Swansea and Bournemouth which is why i wasnt that keen on Rowett coming in as we are never going to play nice football under him

Archived