Derby County's Strangest Signings

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Don't take this personally Inverurie but I loved the bit about being transferred to Cowdenbeath - as if that would sort all communication issues:D

Sith Happens

We have had some much stranger than these over the years, i mean bloomin eck between em Davies and Jewell could probably beat this lot in 2 transfer windows.

Sith Happens
54 minutes ago, BuxtonRam74 said:

Remember having high hopes for Fuertes- how wrong I was. 

He looked ok, although didnt he get sent off for punching someone?

It was a strange set up, carrying a forged passport but I dont recall if he was charged / convicted of any offence? He left to play in france which i never understood either, why could he play in france but not the uk?

Replaced with Strupar who was fantastic when he played, shame he suddenly became injury prone once he signed for us.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

He looked ok, although didnt he get sent off for punching someone?

It was a strange set up, carrying a forged passport but I dont recall if he was charged / convicted of any offence? He left to play in france which i never understood either, why could he play in france but not the uk?

Replaced with Strupar who was fantastic when he played, shame he suddenly became injury prone once he signed for us.

Back then it was a surprise.

Depends in what context you imply the strange. The one for me the one that ticks all the strange boxes is The Mental One himself, Nigel Pearson. Although initially he looked like he could be the answer it soon became apparent that with hindsight it was a strange appointment. He also proved himself to be one strange individual that should never have been allowed to set foot inside our sacred club. Thank God that Mel saw through him so quickly and had the foresight to get rid of him.

Archived