Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

10 hours ago, David said:

BBC and Sky both reporting Man Utd have agreed a £75m fee for Lukaku.

He's a good player but £75m, really?

I think we should leave this 'good player' debate for another 10 years, when he will be on the decline, with us, and we are arguing whether his goals are sufficient contribution to the team's performance.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howson having a medical at Boro today and also Swansea accepted bid for Nathan Dyer £2.5m to Boro (Isn't he out until September?) 

Everton are set to confirm the resigning of Wayne Rooney from Manchester United. Everton doing decent business in the summer transfer. 

Guys in America, is this Bill Hamid really as good as the stats show or is the average keeper in MLS just so poor?

Robles did alright for Everton, so could Hamis be the next one to move to Europe?

Stunning stats, incredible really.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Guys in America, is this Bill Hamid really as good as the stats show or is the average keeper in MLS just so poor?

Robles did alright for Everton, so could Hamis be the next one to move to Europe?

Probably best to ask @AmericanRam on this one. Over to you AR ?

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Everton are set to confirm the resigning of Wayne Rooney from Manchester United. Everton doing decent business in the summer transfer. 

With Everton's transfer budget and business so far, Koeman being a very good manager and their ability to attract top players, I can only see the gap between them and 8th widening.

While it may take them another few years to really challenge for the top 4, I definitely  see them as a league above the rest and closer in ability to Liverpool/Arsenal than Southampton/West Ham.

The PL is very much split in two. A challenging top 7 and the other 13 ticking bombs in terms of relegation.

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I don't know a whole lot about him, but I think he's generally considered to be a solid keeper. I don't think he's expected to be at the of Howard or Guzan though. 

16 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Interesting to see how that turns out, I give it a year before he's back on the bench.

17 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Wayne Rooney arrived at Everton training ground. 

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

With Everton's transfer budget and business so far, Koeman being a very good manager and their ability to attract top players, I can only see the gap between them and 8th widening.

While it may take them another few years to really challenge for the top 4, I definitely  see them as a league above the rest and closer in ability to Liverpool/Arsenal than Southampton/West Ham.

The PL is very much split in two. A challenging top 7 and the other 13 ticking bombs in terms of relegation.

If breaking into the top four is their aim, selling Lukaku and trying to shoehorn an almost 32-year-old Rooney into the side seems the wrong way to go about it in my opinion. I am sure Everton fans would have been feeling pretty optimistic about the coming season until these two deals materialised.

They were having a great summer and making some really shrewd signings. Klaassen's arrival in the Premier League has been long overdue. He is a top player and I'm sure he'll be a big hit in the Premier League. Pickford and Keane should both go from strength-to-strength and flourish being at a better club than they previously were. Ramirez and Onyekuru are bright prospects for the future.

Don't get me wrong, £75 million for Lukaku is an excellent price, beyond their wildest dreams and from a financial standpoint, too good to turn down.

But from a footballing standpoint, Lukaku's a big loss and it seems counter-intuitive and too much of a gamble to sell him to one of the teams they are trying to close the gap on. He was the focal point of the team, scored the majority of their goals and was a match winner. Such an important player will be extremely hard to replace, even for someone like Koeman who is well versed in the 'buying low, selling high' strategy of a club of Everton's size.

Before I consign them to seventh at best, let's see who they replace Lukaku with. But it doesn't look so promising right now.

Archived