Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Great piece of business.. I think he's generally a bit overrated but still - €10m for 2 years plus €35m is just an incredibly good deal compared to other transfers this summer..

Bayern got a lot of stick for their transfers the last weeks - now the German press is really excited. 'Guardiola time' for them :D

James Vaughan look like he's signing for Sunderland, 3 strikers gone from Sunderland Jermain Defoe(to Bournemouth) Victor Anichebe(some club in China) and Fabio Borini(to AC Milan) 

Boro want sign to sign Toulose player for £9m something like that, Britt from reddogs and Westwood from Wednesday. 

Lee Tomlin look like he's off to Cardiff. 

17 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

James Vaughan look like he's signing for Sunderland, 3 strikers gone from Sunderland Jermain Defoe(to Bournemouth) Victor Anichebe(some club in China) and Fabio Borini(to AC Milan) 

Boro want sign to sign Toulose player for £9m something like that, Britt from reddogs and Westwood from Wednesday. 

Fairly sure the bid for Westwood is to force Newcastle's hand in the chase for Darlow. They want him. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Fairly sure the bid for Westwood is to force Newcastle's hand in the chase for Darlow. They want him. 

They're after any goalkeeper mate and Rob Green is on their list. Reading are also after Darlow too. 

20 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Confirmed Boro signed Martin Braithwaite from Toulouse. 

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/martin-braithwaite-completes-boro-move-from-toulouse

Confirmed Cardiff signed Lee Tomlin from Bristol City. 

Just now, David said:

Looks like a bargain when you compare that to Stones and Walker fees

I don't think Guardiola has anything to do with transfer fees. That's down to City's owners and advisors. But the silly spending started way before he arrived and is going on elsewhere. 

I think part of the problem is clubs now buying renowned names. Seems gone are the days when United scouted younger players and brought them over before anyone else had heard of them.

Nowadays it's all about buying expensive PL players or others in their prime.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't think Guardiola has anything to do with transfer fees. That's down to City's owners and advisors. But the silly spending started way before he arrived and is going on elsewhere. 

I think part of the problem is clubs now buying renowned names. Seems gone are the days when United scouted younger players and brought them over before anyone else had heard of them.

Nowadays it's all about buying expensive PL players or others in their prime.

But surely Guardiola will know how much Man City can spend this summer and would have some input, don't spend over X amount on this player as we probably won't be able to afford X and X.

Can't believe he sits in his ivory tower creating wish lists for Santa with no idea on the costs involved.

He is the manager at Man City, not head coach.

9 minutes ago, David said:

But surely Guardiola will know how much Man City can spend this summer and would have some input, don't spend over X amount on this player as we probably won't be able to afford X and X.

Can't believe he sits in his ivory tower creating wish lists for Santa with no idea on the costs involved.

He is the manager at Man City, not head coach.

Obviously they will have to abide by FFP rules, but I can't imagine Guardiola will be knit-picking over the finances.

By selling Unal, Ntcham, Mooy, Iheanacho, Hart and Delph plus the wages saved on Zabaleta, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Caballero and Jesus Navas they're going to have plenty to work with.

Archived