Derby County Confirm End Of Season Retained List

MovableRam

Derby County’s retained list has been submitted to the EFL following the conclusion of the 2016/17 campaign.

As previously communicated by the club, options have been activated in Darren Bent and Chris Baird’s contracts to extend their deals until the summer of 2018. 

Midfielder Julien de Sart will return to Middlesbrough at the end of his loan spell while Under 23 squad members Alefe Santos and Tom Mellors will depart when their contracts expire at the end of June. 

Under 18s duo Matt Yates and Joe Bateman will step up to the Under 23s after being given one-year professional contracts at the end of their scholarships. 

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2017: Scott Carson, Cyrus Christie, Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson, Jason Shackell, Richard Keogh, Johnny Russell, Ikechi Anya, Chris Martin, Tom Ince, Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Jacob Butterfield, Will Hughes, Abdoul Camara, Kelle Roos, Nick Blackman, Matej Vydra, Andreas Weimann, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell. 

First-team squad players out of contract: None 

Loan players returning to parent clubs: Julien de Sart (Middlesbrough) 

Under 23 squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2017: Alex Babos, Mason Bennett, Josh Barnes, Alex Cover, Timi-Max Elsnik, Kellan Gordon, Callum Guy, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Calum Macdonald, Henrich Ravas, Farrend Rawson, Kyron Stabana, Luke Thomas, Lewis Walker, Charles Vernam, Ethan Wassall, Offrande Zanzala, Kyle McAllister, Joe Bateman, Matt Yates, Sven Karic. 

Out of contract Under 23 squad players not offered new terms: Alefe Santos, Tom Mellors. 

Under 18s players retained for second year of scholarship: Joe Fryatt, Russell Carter-Thompson, Cain Thomas, Michee Mbuti, Fuseine Rashid, Jordan Mills, Jayden Bogle, Jaydan Thorne, Jack Haywood, Brandon Hitchman, Henry Wise, Ayomide Jibodu, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cameron Cresswell, Adam Davie. 

Under 18s players released at end of scholarship: Giann Magno, Micah Edwards, Jahvan Davidson-Miller, Harry Goode. 

Details on the new intake of scholars for the Under 18s squad will be confirmed in due course. 

Derby County would like to take this opportunity to thank all departing players for their contribution throughout their time at the club.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list-3715940.aspx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Farrend kid is going too?

HITC Sport understands a host of clubs are weighing up move for Derby defender.

Derby County defender Farrend Rawson has rejected a new deal to alert a number of clubs to his possible availability, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Central defender Rawson has come through the youth ranks at Derby, but has yet to make his debut for the first team.

Rawson is entering the final year of his contract at the iPro Stadium and the club were hoping to tie him down to a new deal.

However, he has turned down the club's offer of a new deal and a number of clubs are monitoring his situation at the Championship club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/25/derby-defender-rawson-alerts-clubs-after-contract-snub/

cf4afafee36b.jpg

12 minutes ago, Putin is A Ram said:

I thought Farrend kid is going too?

HITC Sport understands a host of clubs are weighing up move for Derby defender.

Derby County defender Farrend Rawson has rejected a new deal to alert a number of clubs to his possible availability, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Central defender Rawson has come through the youth ranks at Derby, but has yet to make his debut for the first team.

Rawson is entering the final year of his contract at the iPro Stadium and the club were hoping to tie him down to a new deal.

However, he has turned down the club's offer of a new deal and a number of clubs are monitoring his situation at the Championship club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/25/derby-defender-rawson-alerts-clubs-after-contract-snub/

cf4afafee36b.jpg

This is 9 months' old so he either did sign a new contract or the facts were wrong.

I'm surprised with the number of youths which we have kept. 22 U23s and 15 U18s. 

I always expect a group of 11 coming up from the younger age group meaning we would need to sell/release/promote a total of 11 from the 18s/23s. 

I imagine this means we'll be loaning out quite a few this season - unless a few will be in and around the first team but we'd need to flog a lot of those out first.

We could be looking at up to 15 outs (loans and transfers) by the end of the summer based on how many we have on the books. 

2 hours ago, Putin is A Ram said:

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2017: Scott Carson, Cyrus Christie, Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson, Jason Shackell, Richard Keogh, Johnny Russell, Ikechi Anya, Chris Martin, Tom Ince, Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Jacob Butterfield, Will Hughes, Abdoul Camara, Kelle Roos, Nick Blackman, Matej Vydra, Andreas Weimann, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell. 

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list-3715940.aspx

Those in bold I would actively try to sell. Those in italics I would listen to any decent offers made.

40 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

This seems a crazily long list ..6 goalkeepers in the under 23 and first team squads (carson, mitchell, roos, barnes, ravas, yates) ?? 

On strikers - I make it 19 strikers or wide players - I know Moor Farm is a great facility but must have huge dressing rooms..

Based on my limited knowledge this is the breakdown of the three squads:

Goalkeepers: 7

Defenders: 22

Midfielders: 13

Wingers: 11

Forwards: 10

So, it more or less works out as 2 keepers, 7 defenders, 4 midfielders, 4 wingers and 3 forwards at each level. To me, that doesn't seem to be too unbalanced (perhaps a bit light in midfield)

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

You'd have someone take away The Nuge?!?!??!!

For the right money yes. Wouldn't be onto his agent like I would some of the others, but if someone offered what we paid for him, yes I would sell him.

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

But it's THE NUGE!!!

He wouldnt be a firsr choice starter for a top 6 team so at his age i would take the money.

He would be good cover and has a good attitude so not actively seeking a sale.

Archived