Derby County Confirm End Of Season Retained List

MovableRam

2 hours ago, sage said:

Those in bold I would actively try to sell. Those in italics I would listen to any decent offers made.

You would keep Butterfield over johnson? Heads gone. For me Johnson in his natural position is far more effective than Butterfield. You can have all the technique in the world...but if you dont turn up, whats the point. 

Also for me Vydra in the right position deserves a chance. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

You would keep Butterfield over johnson? Heads gone. For me Johnson in his natural position is far more effective than Butterfield. You can have all the technique in the world...but if you dont turn up, whats the point. 

Also for me Vydra in the right position deserves a chance. 

If we play a 4231 then Johnson isnt mobile enough to play in the 2. If we play 433 then Thorne is better at DCM. Johnson is on too much money to be a squad player. 

4 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Last years under 18s consisted of 15 first year scholars and 6 second year scholars. With all 15 first year scholars being retained and the squad probably running around the 20-22 mark, that doesn't leave too many 1st year scholar slots available for the coming season, with Max Bird being a given. That's a big swing between the make up of 1st and 2nd year scholars from one season to the next. 

A lot of u18s played for the 23s and a lot of u16s played for the 18s this season. As I've mentioned before, we'll see a lot of players going out over the summer so it we'll still see quite a few being promoted to the 18s. 8-10 would be my guess. 

11 hours ago, sage said:

Those in bold I would actively try to sell. Those in italics I would listen to any decent offers made.

You ended up with just 11 players.

Archived