U23's v Chelsea Live Stream

Day

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, sage said:

I hardly think that puts him in a minority on here. *

The great thing about this forum {amongst many other things} is that we can all spout our own rubbish. We all have a view and we can put it across. We should be able to do that without fear of ridicule, castigation or recrimination. When I was a lad, we had nothing like this forum, and very few people to chat endlessly to about the minutiae of being an obsessive Derby County fan. I absolutely love reading all the views on here...even those that make me wonder about the sanity of some Rams fans, but hey ho, what a great facility, and what wonderful banter. And some of the humour is just top drawer...:mellow:

So let's be a bit more magnanimous about what we say about other people's opinions...Remember Magna Carta...did she die in vain?

* not a pop at you @sage, BTW. I'm agreeing with you. 

Lets put some perspective on the U23 team that played last night. 

Mason Bennett is the only starter I would have in the 1st team right now for next season. 

The youngsters that played last night have got lots to learn even the goalkeeper Mitchell  .

I am by no means taking anything away from last night beating Chelsea but some of these lads are for the future by a couple of years at least  

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Mason Bennet is the only starter I would have in the 1st team right now for next season. 

The youngsters that played last night have got lots to learn even the goalkeeper Mitchell  

Well as most of them are U20's rather than U23's I should think that they do still have plenty to learn.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

One was 22, one was 20, four were 19, three were 18, one was 17, and another was 16

That is truly remarkable.

57 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mason Bennett is the only starter I would have in the 1st team right now for next season. 

The youngsters that played last night have got lots to learn even the goalkeeper Mitchell  .

I am by no means taking anything away from last night beating Chelsea but some of these lads are for the future by a couple of years at least  

I'm sure they realise that as do the vast majority of supporters so why bother saying anything?

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm sure they realise that as do the vast majority of supporters so why bother saying anything?

Because people are in danger of getting carried away like B4 for instance. 

Gary Rowett will know when to try the youngsters in the 1st team plus some might not be retained like Rawson and Guy etc etc .

Bennett might be moved on who knows. 

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Even more remarkable that @curtains has written the lot of them off already.

I hope they're not reading.

I didn't think @curtains was writing them off, more offering a realistic expectation of when they might make the step up.

I thought Bennett was the outstanding player on the pitch, from both sides, but the rest were miles away from the 1st team at the moment, which you'd expect given their age and experience.

28 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I didn't think @curtains was writing them off, more offering a realistic expectation of when they might make the step up.

I thought Bennett was the outstanding player on the pitch, from both sides, but the rest were miles away from the 1st team at the moment, which you'd expect given their age and experience.

I'm not writing any of them off but something occurred to me watching the game last night. 

We have players like Luke Thomas and the young lad we have signed from Scotland and Zanzula etc etc .

We seem to have a massive academy playing staff wise which is great but at the end of the day only 11 to 14 players  can turn out for the first team each week. 

The question is how many of these players will actually come through although it is a great achievement to have even made it as a professional footballer at any level at Derby County as so many lads go by the wayside in footballing career terms. 

Credit once again to the lads last night with 2 great goals and winning against Chelsea to stay up. 

Well done and really enjoyed the atmosphere at Pride Park last night. 

I was massively impressed with Mason Bennett last night. Strangely enough, the other players who I was drooling over were Trevoh Chalobah, who looked a class apart until he got himself sent off - and the Chelsea No 3, Nartey, who limped off with about 20 minutes to go.

On 2017-5-6 at 21:42, eddie said:

I was massively impressed with Mason Bennett last night. Strangely enough, the other players who I was drooling over were Trevoh Chalobah, who looked a class apart until he got himself sent off - and the Chelsea No 3, Nartey, who limped off with about 20 minutes to go.

Thought their number 8 looked a tidy player when he wasn't moaning to the ref about anything and everything.

Archived