Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just a question, was you delighted when we were getting Seth Johnson back? Similar situation to now, a player who did well with us previously, gone to another team but not set the world alight but we were delighted to have him back.

I was pretty young back then (early teens I think) - so I honestly don't remember my opinion of us re-signing him, in fact thinking about my only lasting memory of his time with us was when he ran into the ref.

My only concern with with Wisdom is that where he's been playing these last 3 seasons aren't a stones throw away from our level.

Yes it was the prem with WBA and Norwich but with 24 and 10 appearances respectively im concerned he was unable to get into those teams. And apparently didnt make many for Salzburg in Austria either. Although I am talking those numbers from Wikipedia as I dont have the time right now to look up the better stats pages.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was pretty young back then (early teens I think) - so I honestly don't remember my opinion of us re-signing him, in fact thinking about my only lasting memory of his time with us was when he ran into the ref.

My only concern with with Wisdom is that where he's been playing these last 3 seasons aren't a stones throw away from our level.

Yes it was the prem with WBA and Norwich but with 24 and 10 appearances respectively im concerned he was unable to get into those teams. And apparently didnt make many for Salzburg in Austria either. Although I am talking those numbers from Wikipedia as I dont have the time right now to look up the better stats pages.

Played around 20 times as CB role and played few times in RB role at Salzburg. 

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just a question, was you delighted when we were getting Seth Johnson back? Similar situation to now, a player who did well with us previously, gone to another team but not set the world alight but we were delighted to have him back.

Seth Johnson was absolutely class for us first time around, hence the fee paid for him and then England call ups. Not too sure I'd throw Wisdom into the same bracket. A player who had a good, solid year helping us get to the play off final. He wasn't outstanding and ever since that season he's pretty much played less and less. In his three years since returning to Liverpool from us he's only played pretty much one full season's amount of games, not great to be honest. The jury's out for me. 

12 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Played around 20 times as CB role and played few times in RB role at Salzburg. 

So if Rowett has been watching him play is he must be bringing him in with a mind to be a CB surely?

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So if Rowett has been watching him play is he must be bringing him in with a mind to be a CB surely?

Should do yeah, AW wants CB role than RB so will see if he get it here. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Seth Johnson was absolutely class for us first time around, hence the fee paid for him and then England call ups. Not too sure I'd throw Wisdom into the same bracket. A player who had a good, solid year helping us get to the play off final. He wasn't outstanding and ever since that season he's pretty much played less and less. In his three years since returning to Liverpool from us he's only played pretty much one full season's amount of games, not great to be honest. The jury's out for me. 

Im my opinion Seth was never absolute class in any spell at us or any other team.

A Tiger yes, high energy, could even surge forward when needed at pace. Couldnt pass more than about 5 yards with any accuracy. As Our game in the last 15 years has gone more and more continental in style, he wouldnt be much good in the current era. Infact I dont think he ever was that good, Leeds paying what they did for him was an absolute steal for us.

6 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Since Dashelle liked my 'Welcome home Andre Wisdom' video tweet, I would like to confirm he has signed a 10 year contract and will be lining up in back 3 with Curtis Davies and a German centre half.. 

Oh no. I've seen the number of likes and retweets you get on Twitter, I can see you coming after my likes-to-post ratio...:angry::p

IU 

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm pretty sure Rowett would have seen him at RB for us, and had him scouted again last season. There will be a position n mind I'm sure but I reckon he will play at both over the next year.

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Im my opinion Seth was never absolute class in any spell at us or any other team.

A Tiger yes, high energy, could even surge forward when needed at pace. Couldnt pass more than about 5 yards with any accuracy. As Our game in the last 15 years has gone more and more continental in style, he wouldnt be much good in the current era. Infact I dont think he ever was that good, Leeds paying what they did for him was an absolute steal for us.

To be fair Jager he's never played in this continental era and didn't need a fantastic passing ability or a great technical ability, he came through when bite and edge were just as important as anything else and he had that in abundance. That just shows how far off we were 20 years ago when it came down to producing young, english players mind. I think he went for the going rate, he was perfect for that Leeds team but unfortunately it didn't quite happen thanks to one thing or another. That Leeds team is everything I associate with that era of football, absolute fighters (even literally it turned out) every single one of them. 

Just been to wyvale garden centre, I can confirm despite no reports, Andre Wisdom is not there. We can only assume he is buying a place with no garden, or since nature got the better of his car, he hates all things natural. 

Re. Seth

Billy didn't like him so didn't play him when we all knew how much the team needed his gutsy input. Something to do with Seth's  automatic Bentley ??     No recognition that the state of Seth's knee and ease of driving   probably made it the best car for him.      Eventually Billy had to play him and Seth's knee finally gave out on the Wembley turf altho he played on......... but never again.

One of our real heros.................as well as the money Leeds paid us for him and then we got him back for free.........

Archived