Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Please highlight the Rowett comments which point to a lack of effort.

First you have to tell me what you're defining as effort - I think if you've read GR's post match quotes there is a gap in meaning.

The players in the past have been guilty in the past of "not trying their best" for various reasons and I have that on good authority but can't comment on this match as I didn't watch it. Brentford are a cracking side though, I'm a fan of Woods, he always seems to play well against us. They're gonna be well up there next season if they can keep the likes of jota because Alan judge will be presumably be back to 100%. Bit of a common theme though that whenever we go on good form that they end up screwing up. 

Just now, McLovin said:

The players in the past have been guilty in the past of "not trying their best" for various reasons and I have that on good authority but can't comment on this match as I didn't watch it. Brentford are a cracking side though, I'm a fan of Woods, he always seems to play well against us. They're gonna be well up there next season if they can keep the likes of jota because Alan judge will be presumably be back to 100%. Bit of a common theme though that whenever we go on good form that they end up screwing up. 

Isn't that a common theme that runs through every team in every division? 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Isn't that a common theme that runs through every team in every division? 

Yeah but not every time at the first sign potentially getting/staying in the play offs. We seem to do alright when there is no pressure on but struggle when there is pressure. I said this before but we are the Arsenal of the championship. We are always going to be there or there abouts but will never get over the final hurdle

33 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Oh behave.. That type of thinking is what has got us into this situation... 

Four nil away at Brentford when you still have a chance of the play-offs is no joke. Rowatt needs a reality check. This was our worst result of the season.He needs a kick up the arse.

Just now, McLovin said:

Yeah but not every time at the first sign potentially getting/staying in the play offs. We seem to do alright when there is no pressure on but struggle when there is pressure. I said this before but we are the Arsenal of the championship. We are always going to be there or there abouts but will never get over the final hurdle

There was absolutely no sign off us getting in the play offs before today.

Unfortunately some fans convinced themselves we would and are now using that to question the team mentality.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

Four nil away at Brentford when you still have a chance of the play-offs is no joke. Rowatt needs a reality check. This was our worst result of the season.He needs a kick up the arse.

So you're original post wasn't a joke.

Wow.

Unfortunately some fans convinced themselves we would and are now using that to question the team mentality.

I agree, I made a thread over a month ago saying the season was over. Was more in reference to what has gone on in the past such as winning 2-0 away to hull in the play offs and when the reality hit that they were well back into the game they stopped playing.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I agree, I made a thread over a month ago saying the season was over. Was more in reference to what has gone on in the past such as winning 2-0 away to hull in the play offs and when the reality hit that they were well back into the game they stopped playing.

Did they? I thought Bryson had a great chance to level the match?

@Bris Vegas come off it with the 'why wouldn't they want to raise their wages to secure their families ' futures' nonsense. 

Your argument stands if they're an everyday bloke like me who could increase his earnings by 30% that would make a real difference to my lifestyle not by people who earn in a week what I earn in a year. People who can also draw their pensions from their mid thirties. 

You might have a point about players always trying their best but back it up with something more meaningful than some spiel about earning potential. They don't live in the real world! 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Anon said:

Not really anything to do with this game, but I love that the Brighton performance is being held up as an example of our players folding under pressure. "Oh no! We got turned over away from home by the best team in the league. This is unacceptable for a mid table team like ourselves. Sack the manager immediately!"

Well it was an absolute no show...Brighton were nothing special in either of their games against us, but in the away game they didn't need to be.

And the manager was sacked immediately, with Morris citing the performance against Brighton as unacceptable. 

We got turned over by Leicester a few times I remember but usually managed to give them a fight. We totally failed to do that against Brighton.

losing 4-0 to Any championship side is totally unacceptable, sure if it's a one off we could shrug it off but we can't. A bad day at the office? Well if I had as many bad days at the office as this mob I'd be taking my stuff home in black bin bags, never to return.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There was still an opportunity if the stars had been correctly aligned, and while it was extremely unlikely I think that GR used the 'possibilty' of it to gauge the players and their reactions. We fans always believe in miracles though. :)

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Brilliant... You win the most ridiculous post of the day.. First prize is a season ticket at Forest...

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There was still an opportunity if the stars had been correctly aligned, and while it was extremely unlikely I think that GR used the 'possibilty' of it to gauge the players and their reactions. We fans always believe in miracles though. :)

Fine.

But as @Alpha has been saying how can you be talking about this squad pulling off this miracle in one breath and then in the next be telling everyone how poor the squad is and we need a complete overhaul?

Fine.

But as @Alpha has been saying how can you be talking about this squad pulling off this miracle in one breath and then in the next be telling everyone how poor the squad is and we need a complete overhaul?

Because as the table says we're not good enough, we believe and we get convinced and then down it tumbles.

PistoldPete2
44 minutes ago, 86 points said:

How does having a large fanbase improve results on the pitch?

It means we can buy better players with the extra money we get from gate receipts. Unfortunately we haven't. 

Archived