Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, McLovin said:

For me the overall intensity completely dropped when we were 2 up though and stopped passing the ball around with pace. There was no pressure before the game so they had nothing to lose but they seemed to get nervous for me after going 2 up. 

I remember making this point after the game. Can't remember if I got many likes. Anyway, for what it's worth, I totally agree with the overall point about the hull playoff, we capitulated at home and we're happy to give the impression of restoring some pride, but when it got serious and the chips were down we pooped our pants. It made me more angry than if we had lost the second leg, hiding behind a "moral victory".  To me that game is a fair reflection of our team as a whole.

Well, our very slim chances of making the play offs are over with that pathetic performance. GR said we were controlling the game until their second goal but it was mostly that sideways passing stuff again, the tempo and incisiveness is all wrong in this team.

All change for Huddersfield, players are in the last chance saloon now.

PS: Gary, sign that Jota from Brentford.

9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Eh? That there's more to discuss about a match that has happened than one that hasn't? Also more to discuss when things go wrong ... If things go right we all say good... Not much of a debate is it? 

My point was that there was a comment earlier in the thread , commenting on about how quiet the matchday thread was. 

I think the point for me is that we have over a period of time and totally lost our way from the team that was so close at Wembley v qpr , I accepted a while ago that we needed to rebuild into a decent managers team , he has to be given free reign to build as he sees fit a team in his image , I hope now we all see that

9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

£4million ain't a drop in the ocean, but that and the investment by Morris means that if we had spent wisely we would not be losing 4-0 to an average team like Brentford.

also home advantage obviously means  a lot... Look at our home form compared to our away form. That's down to the home support, and we have more of that than brentford do. 

£4m covers the signing plus wages of 1 or 2 decent players.

I'm not aware of too many grounds where the away support outnumbers the home support.

Using your theory it's acceptable for us to lose every away game surely? 

14 hours ago, eddie said:

Me.

I'm more concerned with Derbyshire pissing away a half-decent position in the cricket today.

Saying that, I'm not really paying attention to that. Watching the IPL and I've seen 2 hat-tricks already today.

Radio Derby today were advertising that they have cricket commentary of every ball of Derbyshire's season live. That is gonna be some effort, especially as it all seems like it's gonna be done by one guy.

In Test Match Special, they have about 5 commentators and 5 summarisers and do about 20 minute blocks.

I do hope Ramage and co are gonna be helping out once the footy season has finished. Their bants would work well during a long afternoon rain break. Craig spilling his coffee was the best part of yesterday's match.

37 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Radio Derby today were advertising that they have cricket commentary of every ball of Derbyshire's season live. That is gonna be some effort, especially as it all seems like it's gonna be done by one guy.

In Test Match Special, they have about 5 commentators and 5 summarisers and do about 20 minute blocks.

I do hope Ramage and co are gonna be helping out once the footy season has finished. Their bants would work well during a long afternoon rain break. Craig spilling his coffee was the best part of yesterday's match.

RD comments are getting boring 4-2-3- 1 anyone. 

I cant listen to it anymore. 

Have to watch Sky Sports.News. 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't listen, what is the 4-2-3-1 comment about?

Ramage was saying Rowett got it wrong by reverting to 4-3-3   2nd half against Fulham and then proceeding with it in the away games at Birmingham and Brentford.

He thought Hughes should play in the team at all times as well and Vydra should be in and we should play 4-2-3-1 whatever .

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ramage was saying Rowett got it wrong by reverting to 4-3-3   2nd half against Fulham and then proceeding with it in the away games at Birmingham and Brentford.

He thought Hughes should play in the team at all times as well and Vydra should be in and we should play 4-2-3-1 whatever .

Wouldn't knock Rowett for sticking with it at Birmingham.

Clearly didn't work that day though so it was strange to stick with it yesterday.

The result is a godsend. The last few games have been heralded as successes because the team haven't lost, but they easily could have done, following those performances and without the huge amount of luck that fell on their side.

I hope the manager looks into the bright spotlight that was shone over the team at Griffin Park yesterday and makes the tough decisions that certainly need to be made, especially - and I am blue in the face saying it- with the defence. 

Derby till I die- the club, not all the players.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Does anyone care what Ramage says?

He was a arrogant k##b when he played and he's not changed since moving into 'commentary'

He's entitled to his opinions, but he doesn't need to keep telling us.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wouldn't knock Rowett for sticking with it at Birmingham.

Clearly didn't work that day though so it was strange to stick with it yesterday.

Good post .

People are forgetting how many Brentford put past Burton .

5 goals was some feat by them that day at the Pirelli 

Well, sifting through 40 pages while hanging out of my arse was not fun, but I just have a couple of points.

First point, Eddie's cats were the highlight of the thread.

Second point. Some people are ridiculous. We can't go from not being good enough, to good enough to break in to the top 6, to not good enough again in the space of a few games under different managers. We're not good enough and at least Rowett is being shown that.

I'd rather take a beating that shows where we are lacking than put on a few good displays that get us agonisingly close to the play-offs, but makes us look as though not an awful lot extra is needed. If we go into next season without too many changes, the same will happen. We will continue to not be good enough.

Can you imagine if we did somehow sneak into the play-offs and get up? With this team? We would be back in the Championship for 2018/19. Rowett's job is to assemble a side that can go up and hopefully stay there. Results like this will only be helpful in his planning for that. They don't effect the outcome of our season at all. Win, lose or draw yesterday, we still wouldn't make the play-offs, so don't take the result to heart too much.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I'd rather take a beating that shows where we are lacking than put on a few good displays that get us agonisingly close to the play-offs, but makes us look as though not an awful lot extra is needed. If we go into next season without too many changes, the same will happen. We will continue to not be good enough.

Yeah and that was were Mac got it so wrong.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

RD comments are getting boring 4-2-3- 1 anyone. 

I cant listen to it anymore. 

Have to watch Sky Sports.News. 

Well I like listening to it. Think it's often pretty funny and they are really passionate about the Rams.

Just another thing to moan about.

47 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Well I like listening to it. Think it's often pretty funny and they are really passionate about the Rams.

Just another thing to moan about.

I like listening to someone else's opinions other than my own after a match . Ramage is a fan and passionate about the club, and although I don't always agree with what he says , he also makes some good points.

Archived