Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Who IS happy? Are you suggesting that the portion of the forum you've labelled as 'pseudo-intellectual middle class ********'s' is pleased with today's result? 

Well I'll have you know that I put down my copy of Dostoyevsky's The House of the Dead and positively tutted with annoyance as the Final Score commentator reported the 4th going in.....:lol:

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well I'll have you know that I put down my copy of Dostoyevsky's The House of the Dead and positively tutted with annoyance as the Final Score commentator reported the 4th going in.....:lol:

Any mucky bits?

49 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

No but just because you say it and don't pretend otherwise you get a load of smart arse comments.

As a Derby fan for seemingly ever... I feel I have the right to say I'm unhappy and not be called bipolar.

Yeah I know Anon's successfully wound me up lol

Just be sure to take in the title under my username.;) I quoted you, but I wasn't calling you out specifically or even anyone on this forum. I don't mean to dismiss criticism out of hand and I fully understand just how depressing it is to watch a performance like today. People deal with it differently. You get angry, I get worried/frustrated. The way Brentford played today reminded me of what we used to do to teams before a certain billionaire decided to "improve" things. That's the type of football I love to watch and take great pride in my team playing and I worry that I won't be seeing it at Pride Park again any time soon. There is an interesting transfer window ahead and I have a bad feeling that I won't like much of what happens during it.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

There were 6 pages on this topic before the match , 33 after ! Shows the mentality of our fans .

Eh? That there's more to discuss about a match that has happened than one that hasn't? Also more to discuss when things go wrong ... If things go right we all say good... Not much of a debate is it? 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have a think about how much financial difference there is between 11,000 fans and 25,000 fans... £4m maybe?

Drop in the ocean.

If people think that gives us a divine right to be beating Brentford then it explains the reactions after every defeat!

£4million ain't a drop in the ocean, but that and the investment by Morris means that if we had spent wisely we would not be losing 4-0 to an average team like Brentford.

also home advantage obviously means  a lot... Look at our home form compared to our away form. That's down to the home support, and we have more of that than brentford do. 

43 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I think that's all football fans not just ours when people are angry their more likely to want to get it of their chest but I take your point, thrash Huddersfield on Monday we'll be the best thing since sliced bread and not so many posts and no one on the moan in.

Nah nah nah ,, thrash Huddersfield Monday now and I will be even more convinced that we have a tricky rebuild in front of us as that would confirm again that we can win when we feel there's nothing on it or it's too little too late but are dire when we are in with a shout and need a win 

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just watched the highlights back, Jesus someone tell me Olsson wasn't that bad the whole game!? He can't have been... surely? That was bordering on barely pub league stuff

As others have observed, he gets no support.

2 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

No but just because you say it and don't pretend otherwise you get a load of smart arse comments.

As a Derby fan for seemingly ever... I feel I have the right to say I'm unhappy and not be called bipolar.

Yeah I know Anon's successfully wound me up lol

Know the feeling - been known to get a tad uptight myself :whistle: All Derby fans at the end of the day and we all want success for the club. This season has been a particularly hard one to swallow tbf.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

LOL - archetypal bourgeois wag, you are! :D

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Just watched the highlights back, Jesus someone tell me Olsson wasn't that bad the whole game!? He can't have been... surely? That was bordering on barely pub league stuff

Bit harsh lad! Not too many players of his ability playing in pub leagues, I can assure you!

Just now, 86 points said:

Bit harsh lad! Not too many players of his ability playing in pub leagues, I can assure you!

Yeah they're normally a bit better than that!:lol: 

Tbf Does appear he didn't have much support from those in attendance, Pearce and Russell also need to do much more. Sadly we're running a bit short of options in defence, be very interesting to see what rowett does after that 

Archived