Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because as the table says we're not good enough, we believe and we get convinced and then down it tumbles.

And it is there reactions that leads to friction amongst fans.

Either we are good enough or we aren't, not one thing one week and then another the next.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

It means we can buy better players with the extra money we get from gate receipts. Unfortunately we haven't. 

Given that we've had something like the 12th largest average attendance figures for some years now, I'd say it has fook all bearing on what's happening on the pitch at PP. Anyway, as my other half likes to point out, size isn't everything :ermm:

Hopefully GR will spend more sensibly than has been the case in recent seasons. eh?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

And it is there reactions that leads to friction amongst fans.

Either we are good enough or we aren't, not one thing one week and then another the next.

We look like we should be good enough, enough managers and an owner have thought so too, so the fans shouldn't be thought of as too daft for believing.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

It means we can buy better players with the extra money we get from gate receipts. Unfortunately we haven't. 

Have a think about how much financial difference there is between 11,000 fans and 25,000 fans... £4m maybe?

Drop in the ocean.

If people think that gives us a divine right to be beating Brentford then it explains the reactions after every defeat!

31 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

That's because we're spoilt bipolar children mate, not the level headed pseudo-intellectual middle class ********'s you tend to find on here ?

Up the Rams!

Who IS happy? Are you suggesting that the portion of the forum you've labelled as 'pseudo-intellectual middle class ********'s' is pleased with today's result? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You said we either are or aren't good enough, but it's not that easy for the fans. We look like we are good enough...

Well why have some spent 75% of the season slagging off the team/players then? 

Maybe we are a decent team but there are 6 or 7 that are better than us?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because the players had thrown everything into the first 60 minutes maybe?

If that's the case then our players are no where near fit enough because it was attack v defence near enough the whole game. Hull didn't come out of their own half

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

If that's the case then our players are no where near fit enough because it was attack v defence near enough the whole game. Hull didn't come out of their own half

Even though we supposedly stopped playing? 

Isn't trying to break down an 11 man defence a hard thing to do?

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Who IS happy? Are you suggesting that the portion of the forum you've labelled as 'pseudo-intellectual middle class ********'s' is pleased with today's result? 

No but just because you say it and don't pretend otherwise you get a load of smart arse comments.

As a Derby fan for seemingly ever... I feel I have the right to say I'm unhappy and not be called bipolar.

Yeah I know Anon's successfully wound me up lol

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even though we supposedly stopped playing? 

Isn't trying to break down an 11 man defence a hard thing to do?

For me the overall intensity completely dropped when we were 2 up though and stopped passing the ball around with pace. There was no pressure before the game so they had nothing to lose but they seemed to get nervous for me after going 2 up. 

34 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

There were 6 pages on this topic before the match , 33 after ! Shows the mentality of our fans .

Obviously going to be more comments after the game seeing as we didn't now what the result or performance were going to be like beforehand!

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

Obviously going to be more comments after the game seeing as we didn't now what the result or performance were going to be like beforehand!

There was a comment earlier in the thread about the match day thread being so quiet, point im making is as soon as there's a negative to comment on .... BOOM , were on it.  

Consistency is the biggest issue we have , we have too many very inconsistent players and not enough perhaps slightly less sparkling type players that some refer to as workhorses ,, they will never reach the talents of an ince at his best but will give a more predictable level of performance over a season ,, it's all about finding the right balance of those two types of players , we don't have that now ,, we were close under clough to that balance of players and Mac coached them to a better level for a season ,, rowett alluded to it in one of his interviews where he said that it's not always the most talented players that will be picked to get a winning team

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

There was a comment earlier in the thread about the match day thread being so quiet, point im making is as soon as there's a negative to comment on .... BOOM , were on it.  

I think that's all football fans not just ours when people are angry their more likely to want to get it of their chest but I take your point, thrash Huddersfield on Monday we'll be the best thing since sliced bread and not so many posts and no one on the moan in.

Archived