Might MM walk away?

Matt Carbon

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

DCFC post MEL 

Any ideas ????? 

Continue as a professional football club...... Mel Morris is not Derby County...... 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Continue as they did before Mel Morris?

Sure. 

If you wanna go back to the Americans who ddin't give a flying about this club I love then sure ... 

Let's go back to those YANK owners from Michigan USA ... 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Continue as a professional football club...... Mel Morris is not Derby County...... 

Mel Morris is not DCFC. 

But he's a fan. :thumbsup:

As a professional football club in which tier of English football do you wish us ?

8 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Seriously. 

Some of the crap you give this guy on these pages is amazing... 

Just what exactly do you think DCFC was to do without Mel Morris ? 

Hey Gerry

Rather than just leaving perhaps he could have a gap

Year

1 minute ago, GerryDaly said:

Sure. 

If you wanna go back to the Americans who ddin't give a flying about this club I love then sure ... 

Can I just say, I don't like the tone of this post. 

Firstly, you berate anyone who dares to not fawn over Mr Morris or use derogatory remarks yet you have done exactly this referring to our previous owners who, in my opinion, didn't do a bad job.

Secondly, I don't think it necessary to use capital letters for the word yank, as if to emphasise Americans are to be frowned upon.

Thirdly, what's with the ******' gaps between your sentences for ****'s sake ?

10 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Mel Morris is not DCFC. 

But he's a fan. :thumbsup:

As a professional football club in which tier of English football do you wish us ?

Hang on. 

Just trying it out. 

How bizarre.

3 hours ago, KBB said:

If Mel leaves the club be it in a months time or ten years time it will be down to the fans and their "views" on his quality of ownership.I would put my life on it.

I haven't got a very high opinion of some of our fans at the best of times, so you can put my life on it as well. We are only ever 3 games away from hysterics.

I think he might if we don't get promotion in next 2 years or so. He's invested a huge amount in the club and the returns are no where near as good as would be in a premier league team. No chairman can sustain putting massive amount of money in for only a modest return. I think if there are a couple more championship years he will go. 

4 hours ago, KBB said:

If Mel leaves the club be it in a months time or ten years time it will be down to the fans and their "views" on his quality of ownership.I would put my life on it.

A bit rash to bet your life on it. Do you not think he may have developed a bit of a thicker skin than to get upset by knee jerk reactions from a minority of fans who's views do not represent the majority. We could certainly do an awful lot worse and when the good times return we'll all be singing "he's one of our own" again. Being a football fan he know's emotions some times run high and the minority once again prove the point "empty vessels make the loudest news".

Can't see him going anywhere unless he receives an offer he can't refuse, he runs out of money or becomes totally dissolutioned. Hopefully none of these will happen anytime soon.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Can I just say, I don't like the tone of this post. 

Firstly, you berate anyone who dares to not fawn over Mr Morris or use derogatory remarks yet you have done exactly this referring to our previous owners who, in my opinion, didn't do a bad job.

Secondly, I don't think it necessary to use capital letters for the word yank, as if to emphasise Americans are to be frowned upon.

Thirdly, what's with the ******' gaps between your sentences for ****'s sake ?

For some people, breathing and typing at the same time is a

challenge!

1 hour ago, GerryDaly said:

Sure. 

Why does it matter if they care or not? If they're good owners.

Caution: Back of a fag packet calculations.

Mels purchase price - GSE's purchase price unknown, but not cheap, plus the losses they'd covered since taking over up to FFP limits when applicable, let's say £30m-ish for the purchase, £10m for immediate spends, and putting in the maximum allowable losses under FFP from implementation until the until date of sale, I'd guess around an average of £8m losses p/a from relegation until MM took ownership, this equals around the £70-£80 million mark, assuming GSE washed their face on the deal, which seems reasonable to assume.

On top of this price, add investment in the Academy infrastructure of maybe 5m on top, paying off the mortgage on PP another £10m-ish, then funding the maximum allowable loss p/a which would be another £26m on top in the 2 years of full ownership.

I'd guess his investment stands at around £120m minimum so far, with commitments to spend more expanding the academy and future funding etc.

The money spent doesn't make him immune to criticism, far from it, after all it's our club, and we've probably all spent  stupid amounts in proportion to our income over the years on it, and probably think we'd make better guardians, but i think you discredit him if you think he'll walk away at the first sign of discontent, and even more so if you think he'll leave us up **** creek financially.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Caution: Back of a fag packet calculations.

Mels purchase price - GSE's purchase price unknown, but not cheap, plus the losses they'd covered since taking over up to FFP limits when applicable, let's say £30m-ish for the purchase, £10m for immediate spends, and putting in the maximum allowable losses under FFP from implementation until the until date of sale, I'd guess around an average of £8m losses p/a from relegation until MM took ownership, this equals around the £70-£80 million mark, assuming GSE washed their face on the deal, which seems reasonable to assume.

On top of this price, add investment in the Academy infrastructure of maybe 5m on top, paying off the mortgage on PP another £10m-ish, then funding the maximum allowable loss p/a which would be another £26m on top in the 2 years of full ownership.

I'd guess his investment stands at around £120m minimum so far, with commitments to spend more expanding the academy and future funding etc.

The money spent doesn't make him immune to criticism, far from it, after all it's our club, and we've probably all spent  stupid amounts in proportion to our income over the years on it, and probably think we'd make better guardians, but i think you discredit him if you think he'll walk away at the first sign of discontent, and even more so if you think he'll leave us up **** creek financially.

If he walks. 

Where do you think we go ? 

As a club ? 

Archived