Any mugs out there ?

Bound 2 tease

Dropped in my inbox this evening , seems they're struggling for cash and claiming that Labour has more .

"Mug" being the operative word

https://www.conservatives.com/planforbritainmug

For those who have't recieved the begging bowl

"the Prime Minister has announced Our Plan for Britain:

A Global Britain that is outward looking

A stronger economy where everyone plays by the same rules

A fairer society where success is based on merit, not privilege

A united nation that our children and grandchildren are proud to call home

There are big elections on 4th May and together we can deliver a strong result right across the country.

Our Plan for Britain will deliver a country that is stronger, fairer, more united and more outward looking than ever before. It’s a plan to get the right deal for Britain abroad and a better deal for ordinary working people at home, but we need your help.

Labour are better funded than they have been for a long time, relying on union money and the support of the hard-left campaign group Momentum. We rely on hardworking people like you, so please donate today" 

You may or may not care to discuss this piffle. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad thing is I suspect the thing that most people care about most is their health, yet the country is blindly voting in the Torys and the biggest disaster ever in the NHS and social care, hope everyone has health insurance and a big wedge put aside to pay for nursing home care.

2 hours ago, froggg said:

Sad thing is I suspect the thing that most people care about most is their health, yet the country is blindly voting in the Torys and the biggest disaster ever in the NHS and social care, hope everyone has health insurance and a big wedge put aside to pay for nursing home care.

A case in point for you.

A family friend went through a whole load of tests a few years ago after suffering balance problems.

Tests were inconclusive, until it turned out he had a small bleed on the brain which eventually presented as a full blown stroke.

He's made a fullish recovery, but recently started feeling a similar lack of balance.

Went to the GP, who referred him for a brain scan, only to be told it would be a 3 month wait, but he could jump the queue and have it done privately for £150 with a 3 day wait?

No surprise he took the second option, this will become standard practice soon enough.

Scan was all clear in the end, but we're headed for a 2 speed NHS.

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Scan was all clear in the end, but we're headed for a 2 speed NHS.

The 2 speed NHS was never mentioned in the Tory manifesto. They never campaigned on the basis of running down the NHS while increasing private provision did they?

As regards funding, they received well over £20m from Hedge Fund Managers alone in the run up to the 2015 election.

Not sure about mugs but i do believe their cup runneth over.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The 2 speed NHS was never mentioned in the Tory manifesto. They never campaigned on the basis of running down the NHS while increasing private provision did they?

As regards funding, they received well over £20m from Hedge Fund Managers alone in the run up to the 2015 election.

Not sure about mugs but i do believe their cup runneth over.

This is how it starts, relatively small amounts to alleviate months of worry, soon enough it will become pay extra at every opportunity to shortcut the system. Fine if you can afford it, tough if you can't.

Private healthcare is so embedded in the NHS even now, it's hard to see the join, even if you're looking.

All of the main parties should be allocated a set budget for self promotion,paid for by an independent fund and of a minimal amount to do the job.

No other funding should then be permitted by outside sources i.e donors,unions etc.

We might actually have less corruption and cronyism from the lot of them and possibly some emphasis on their policies for once.

On 29/03/2017 at 08:35, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

All of the main parties should be allocated a set budget for self promotion,paid for by an independent fund and of a minimal amount to do the job.

No other funding should then be permitted by outside sources i.e donors,unions etc.

We might actually have less corruption and cronyism from the lot of them and possibly some emphasis on their policies for once.

Why shouldn't workers voices be heard via their trade union?

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

They can be heard but not contribute cash to a campaign.......Same goes for tory donors....

If anyone wants to make their voice heard,simply vote for the party of their choice.

Ideally that would be the case, with the state funding political parties, but how would new entries to the political landscape, like UKIP in the past, for example, compete?

Archived