Holiday Plans 2017

Wolfie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-13 at 18:46, reveldevil said:

You're going Stalis, I guess?

Take the local bus to Ag. Nik, then another to Elounda and then a few euros for a local boat to Spinalonga.

Really easy to do, and about a quarter of the price of an organised trip.

Get her a copy of The Island, by Victoria Hislop, to read before you go, and you'll be the best son ever!

That's just took me back 35 years when Crete was very quiet. The hotel staff made you one of the family. I can remember the head waiter inviting us all to a family wedding in the hills near Hersonissos a proper Greek wedding. The highlight of plate smashing and the wine pouring through an old viniagrette straight down the throat.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

That's just took me back 35 years when Crete was very quiet. The hotel staff made you one of the family. I can remember the head waiter inviting us all to a family wedding in the hills near Hersonissos a proper Greek wedding. The highlight of plate smashing and the wine pouring through an old viniagrette straight down the throat.

Koutoulafari also well worth a visit, in the hills above Hersonissos. Taxi a few euros each way. 

Just now, Gritters said:

Booked last week for Piskopiano in October. Hope I haven't made a school boy error and booked before the fixture release. 

With Mel's worldwide beaming, you'll be able to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Off to Paphos in Cyprus. Me and the missus haven't been on a foreign jaunt since 2013 so it's long over due. Hopefully no more of our prized assets will have been sold off by the time I get back.

Over 40°c there at the moment!

32 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Oh F**k. No good for a fair skinned fatty like me. Been before at this time of year and remember it being pretty stifling. :w00t:

Just drink more Keo and you'll be fine.

Be careful though, once you're full of Keo you'll always have a mistake in you.

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks today be on a plane to Skiathos..... or impaled into the ground not very well whilst still in my seat. 

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

2 weeks today be on a plane to Skiathos..... or impaled into the ground not very well whilst still in my seat. 

2 weeks today we are off to Skiathos ?

Are you flying from LGW? We have a 6 AM flight ?

Will watch us V Sunderland in a bar somewhere.. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

2 weeks today we are off to Skiathos ?

Are you flying from LGW? We have a 6 AM flight ?

Will watch us V Sunderland in a bar somewhere.. 

Going from Brum 12pm flight..... staying in Hermes Apartments..... will try and hit the same bar Angry! 

50 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Going from Brum 12pm flight..... staying in Hermes Apartments..... will try and hit the same bar Angry! 

We are not that far from each other actually.. We are staying at a place called Boudouriani House.. There looks like a town about half way between you and us.. :thumbsup:

Going with my Chelsea mate :ermm: have had to promise him I will watch the Charity Shield at the weekend. Not told the women yet :D

I will PM you later.. If it works, would be good to catch the game together.. 10PM KO out there I believe.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

We are not that far from each other actually.. We are staying at a place called Boudouriani House.. There looks like a town about half way between you and us.. :thumbsup:

Going with my Chelsea mate :ermm: have had to promise him I will watch the Charity Shield at the weekend. Not told the women yet :D

I will PM you later.. If it works, would be good to catch the game together.. 10PM KO out there I believe.

Sound mate, they'll be me my sis and bro in law, my old man and one Forest fan in tow

Barcelona in August for a couple of days then a villa in land. Anyone know a good car hire company at Barcelona airport? 

The googling seems to show that they're all a bit dodgy.

Archived