Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched costa get booked for a dive and free kick given in the first half at stoke....oh well

im ok with a draw I think, we have problems but there are positives for Rowett to take too. 

Forest 'celebrations' were embarrassing 

Not much to say about to day. We were rubbish first half and deserved to be behind at half time. Second half we came out with a bit more fight. Made and took our goals well. We should have got a few more but I thought we gave up the victory when Bennett came on. He didn't chase the ball down enough and didn't win battles for the ball and hold the ball up. We should have won that game. 

From a neutral's perspective, it was probably the best Derby v Forest game for years. I thought there were a lot a positives for us, a few for the dogs and I could at least see what Rowett had been working on in the short time he has been at the club. 

I do think the remainder of the season is going to be a learning curve for the players and for Rowett. I just want to see a few positives in the process and a little bit of an inclination that we are going in the right direction. 

I do wonder why Hughes was on the bench? It seems interesting that Clement, Pearson & McClaren have all opted to drop him from the starting XI, now Rowett has followed suit. It's clearly not ability in question, so attitude and fitness has to be mentioned. 

Lessons to be learned. 

Plus, forgot to mention, I can definitely see Forest getting relegated which would be funny. 

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not as annoying as that point could keep the dogs up.

As nice as the concept of the Gumps being relegated is, they are the most looked forward to matches (IMO) of the season. There's no satisfaction in football like beating Forest 3-0 at PP. I think I'd miss that.

3 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

As nice as the concept of the Gumps being relegated is, they are the most looked forward to matches (IMO) of the season. There's no satisfaction in football like beating Forest 3-0 at PP. I think I'd miss that.

Na ,send the buggers down.:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Plus, forgot to mention, I can definitely see Forest getting relegated which would be funny. 

I felt this game was a pivotal point for Forest's season. Win and I think they're safe. The confidence they would've gained would probably have been enough to scrape the points needed. Lose and they're in real danger. The draw has probably fallen the best way as far as draws go for them. They'll take a lot of confidence from this point and it still keeps their heads just above the water. Had we equalised in the last minute instead, then it could look very different in terms of Forest's mentality.

I'm gutted, always feels like a loss when that happens. Just watched their second goal and what really pees me off is their lot on the pitch like they've just won another European cup (I'm sure we'd be the same but they just look stupid). Arghhhh roll on August so we can forget this season ever happened and we can start all over again. Come on you Rams 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

From a neutral's perspective, it was probably the best Derby v Forest game for years. I thought there were a lot a positives for us, a few for the dogs and I could at least see what Rowett had been working on in the short time he has been at the club. 

I do think the remainder of the season is going to be a learning curve for the players and for Rowett. I just want to see a few positives in the process and a little bit of an inclination that we are going in the right direction. 

I do wonder why Hughes was on the bench? It seems interesting that Clement, Pearson & McClaren have all opted to drop him from the starting XI, now Rowett has followed suit. It's clearly not ability in question, so attitude and fitness has to be mentioned. 

Lessons to be learned. 

I genuinely dont think its his attitude

didnt mclaren say that he knocked on his door prior to the forest home game having broken his hand and basically begged him to let him play against them 

dont think attitude is the problem

Archived