Formula One World Championship

RicME85

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't usually watch it but channel hopping I noticed it was on a red flag for some reason. Then they showed vettel getting mardy with Hamilton. It restarted & Hamilton head guard thingy was loose before I know it I'm watching the whole thing! I take it that was one of the better races so far? 

Lewis definitely slowed on the corner, you don't do that kind of thing behind a safety car, you do it on the straight after.

He may not have technically brake tested him but it was a little bit naughty, I'm not surprised Vettel got annoyed.

And, trying to be fair, I don't think Vettel deliberately hit Hamilton either. He took his hands off the wheel to gesticulate and lost control, maybe moved the wheel with his elbow.

So, I think both should have been penalised or neither.

Bottas scored the least deserving 2nd place I can remember, Kimi would probably have won that race otherwise.

Great race to watch, way better than last year's borefest.

Really looking forward to British GP even more now, as I have tickets ?

Last one I went to was 1987, the Mansell/Piquet one.

Hamilton did the same thing at the other safety car restarts - didn't accelerate out of the corner to allow the safety car to pull away - it's the responsibility of the cars behind to make sure they don't run into each other so the initial collision was 100% Vettel's fault.

As for the deliberate crash - the overhead camera showed a very deliberate change of direction from Vettel - should have been black flagged and also face further sanctions - as would have applied to any other driver not in a Ferrari.....

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Hamilton did the same thing at the other safety car restarts - didn't accelerate out of the corner to allow the safety car to pull away - it's the responsibility of the cars behind to make sure they don't run into each other so the initial collision was 100% Vettel's fault.

As for the deliberate crash - the overhead camera showed a very deliberate change of direction from Vettel - should have been black flagged and also face further sanctions - as would have applied to any other driver not in a Ferrari.....

Bang on Sir. Didn't accelerate but Vettel did. Vettel is a very, very good driver but his temperament leaves a lot to be desired.

The Ferrari bias in formula 1 is crazy as another rumoured rule break has been swiftly covered over as well. Think they dodged a couple of bullets that any other team would have been in real trouble for.

Take drivers like Hamilton, Vettel, Kimi away from F1 and you have a boring sport, as much as I would criticise Vettel for what he did part of me loves the drama and tension it brings, the stares after the race, frosty press conferences. They are slightly unstable competitive drivers and I like it. Missing Rosberg already.

Why didn't they change hamiltons tyres when they changed his headrest? Wouldn't have taken any longer and might have given him a Second or so faster laps. Maybe didn't have any new ultras but thought it strange

as for vettel, what a knob. Should have black flagged him. Hit him twice FFS and at least once intentionally. As Hamilton said why would he brake test him when he's in the lead and has been comfortably to gain points in the championship. A collision only helps one of them and that's vetted.

8 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Lewis definitely slowed on the corner, you don't do that kind of thing behind a safety car, you do it on the straight after.

He may not have technically brake tested him but it was a little bit naughty, I'm not surprised Vettel got annoyed.

And, trying to be fair, I don't think Vettel deliberately hit Hamilton either. He took his hands off the wheel to gesticulate and lost control, maybe moved the wheel with his elbow.

So, I think both should have been penalised or neither.

Bottas scored the least deserving 2nd place I can remember, Kimi would probably have won that race otherwise.

Great race to watch, way better than last year's borefest.

Really looking forward to British GP even more now, as I have tickets ?

Last one I went to was 1987, the Mansell/Piquet one.

C4 showed a side by side comparison of Vettel & Hamilton's cockpits with the CGI speedos.  It showed Hamilton's speed was constant through the corner he didn't brake, or allow his revs to drop.  Vettel's fault all day long.  Can't believe the stuck up p***k wanted to know what his penalty was for, as if he didn't know!!!  

Having said that, it was the best race I've watched in years.  Wish it was like it every race...

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

C4 showed a side by side comparison of Vettel & Hamilton's cockpits with the CGI speedos.  It showed Hamilton's speed was constant through the corner he didn't brake, or allow his revs to drop.  Vettel's fault all day long.  Can't believe the stuck up p***k wanted to know what his penalty was for, as if he didn't know!!!  

He didn't accelerate out of a corner, which is almost the same as slowing down.

That's not criticism of Hamilton though - every driver does it. No surprise that there was a slight tap when it happened.

F1 is the only motorsport series in the world that is this lax in enforcing safety car restart rules.

Vettel's reaction was beyond unacceptable. 

Sith Happens

Surely a precedent was set when Schumacher deliberately hit Villeneuve which resulted in Schumacher being disqualified for the season, albeit in retrospect as it was the last race. Should do the same to vettel, they won't as it ruins the championship. If someone like palmer did it the punishment would be more severe.

The thing with the second restart was Lewis had been told that it was very close with him crossing the safety car line and the position of the safety car, due to that he was clearly going to hold back so to not risk what happened in last years GP2 race:

Archived