Formula One World Championship

RicME85

19 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Funny thing is everyone slated Hamilton for jumping ship but he clearly saw signs of McLaren falling away.

I don't understand Hamilton's reputation sometimes.

Where others drives are praised for smart career moves, Hamilton is described as lucky.

When other drivers are praised for being competitive, Hamilton is described as sulky.

I think when you strip away the nonsense, a lot of it boils down to the fact that people simply don't like the fact he wears jewelry and listens to hip-hop.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Duracell said:

I don't understand Hamilton's reputation sometimes.

Where others drives are praised for smart career moves, Hamilton is described as lucky.

When other drivers are praised for being competitive, Hamilton is described as sulky.

I think when you strip away the nonsense, a lot of it boils down to the fact that people simply don't like the fact he wears jewelry and listens to hip-hop.

it would be different if he was white I reckon.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Now this really IS a shock:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128926/alonso-to-race-in-2017-indy-500 

Alonso to race in the Indy 500 and skip the Monaco GP in the process.

Interesting, wonder who will race for Mclaren at Monaco, cant see Button coming back surely for one race?

It did make me chuckle when i read Alonso acknowledged he would be on "a steep learning curve". Erm yeah literally :)

You know you can just see him winning or something and some deal being struck for him to stay and not racing in F1 again.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Interesting, wonder who will race for Mclaren at Monaco, cant see Button coming back surely for one race?

It did make me chuckle when i read Alonso acknowledged he would be on "a steep learning curve". Erm yeah literally :)

You know you can just see him winning or something and some deal being struck for him to stay and not racing in F1 again.

Throwback to Nigel Mansell, remember he won his first race, the championship and a few other accolades.

Shows can be done, seem to remember he left GP racing as champion, might be wrong?

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Throwback to Nigel Mansell, remember he won his first race, the championship and a few other accolades.

Shows can be done, seem to remember he left GP racing as champion, might be wrong?

He did yes, although he did come back for a handful of races later on and won his last one the season senna died when shumacher and hill crashed out.

Sith Happens
42 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Button is likely to step in I think. 

If he is going to expect to see him sharing some of the test in aces leading up to it to get him used to the car.

• 2 weeks later...

A worthy winner as well. First win is usually the catalyst for more as long as you have the car.

Everyone thinks they're a race winner in their heads but not many prove it. 

Bottas can now measure himself against the best. Pleased for him.

Shame for Kimi though, threw pole away and messed up the race start. Could have been his day.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Brilliant from Ferrari & Raikkonen to find the little lad who'd been crying and take him into the paddock - think I also saw Kimi smile at one point (possibly the first time in the past 3 years....)

I've now got visions of of parental cruelty at forthcoming GP's,

Kids being pinched, kicked at every retirement or incident, Dads cursing under their breath  "cry you little brat or you ain't coming anywhere ever again!"

On 15/05/2017 at 21:42, Zag zig said:

I've now got visions of of parental cruelty at forthcoming GP's,

Kids being pinched, kicked at every retirement or incident, Dads cursing under their breath  "cry you little brat or you ain't coming anywhere ever again!"

You have highlighted the possibility of a dangerous precedent being set. Just imagine what would happen the next time the Gumps are relegated or narrowly miss out on promotion, and the cameras focus on the tears coming from people sitting in the two or three occupied pink seats and the Football League, awarded a bag of cash or threatened with a bakery bomb postcoded Greece Nottingham, allow them to retain their current status.

6 hours ago, eddie said:

You have highlighted the possibility of a dangerous precedent being set. Just imagine what would happen the next time the Gumps are relegated or narrowly miss out on promotion, and the cameras focus on the tears coming from people sitting in the two or three occupied pink seats and the Football League, awarded a bag of cash or threatened with a bakery bomb postcoded Greece Nottingham, allow them to retain their current status.

:lol: 

Not going to happen though is it Eddie, they are already planning their 3rd star dontcha know ;)

Meanwhile back on the F1 thread, or should I say Indy 500, chances of Fernando hitting pole?

Archived