Formula One World Championship

RicME85

On 27/06/2017 at 21:43, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I absolutely can't abide either vettel or Hamilton...petulant mard arses the both of them when it's not going their way.

True but Vettel being German, due to sporting rivalries between both countries, makes it easier for some us to dislike him more ;)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Can't believe Hamilton is docked 5 places. 

He does seem to have bad luck with reliablity. Will be on a different strategy so good chance to pick up good points still.

Vettel should be the one getting a serious penalty after driving into hamilton on purpose last time out, disgrace he only got a 10 second stop go.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

He does seem to have bad luck with reliablity. Will be on a different strategy so good chance to pick up good points still.

Vettel should be the one getting a serious penalty after driving into hamilton on purpose last time out, disgrace he only got a 10 second stop go.

You are not kidding mate Vettel is getting away with dangerous driving. 

I shall be at Silverstone but not cheering Hamilton, just can't warm to the guy.

Vettel is actually a funny guy and at least has a personality, he's very funny away from the race and adores British comedy like Python. Does great impressions as well. He does get a bit whiny come race day though.

Not going to apologise for being a bit of a Germanophile!

Anyway, going there with my eldest who's a massive Kimi fan so I'll probably go with that followed by Alonso who is clearly the best driver on the grid, then maybe Riccardo.

Would like to see Palmer get some points before he's booted out. Poor boy, who calls their son Jolyon?

Personally, I'd love to see a team give a female a chance, some great drivers lower down like Sophia Floersch, Jamie Chadwick and Marta Aritza.

Or Kubica, now that would be a story!

I admit that I am a Vettel fan. I cheered Hamilton on in his first title season but I think that was because not a lot was known about the guy. Since then, he seems to think he is bigger than the sport by being associated with American socialites to improve his own image. It's a shame that the Vettel/Hamilton rivalry doesn't have the same draw as the Hill/Schumacher rivalry of the mid 90s. Favoured Hill back then, but I have changed allegiances in my old age to favouring Vettel. 

This double header feels like Christmas... god knows how I will feel with the triple header next season.

On 11/07/2017 at 09:27, ColonelBlimp said:

I shall be at Silverstone but not cheering Hamilton, just can't warm to the guy.

Vettel is actually a funny guy and at least has a personality, he's very funny away from the race and adores British comedy like Python. Does great impressions as well. He does get a bit whiny come race day though.

Not going to apologise for being a bit of a Germanophile!

Anyway, going there with my eldest who's a massive Kimi fan so I'll probably go with that followed by Alonso who is clearly the best driver on the grid, then maybe Riccardo.

Would like to see Palmer get some points before he's booted out. Poor boy, who calls their son Jolyon?

Personally, I'd love to see a team give a female a chance, some great drivers lower down like Sophia Floersch, Jamie Chadwick and Marta Aritza.

Or Kubica, now that would be a story!

Booooooo.

Only joking, I'll be there too, down at Woodcote, my son taking his Union Jack to back Hamilton.

Kubica would be a story, don't know what to make of Palmer, unlucky not to get a point last week but otherwise hasn't really near matched the Hulk, which is not a surprise; worry for him his days are numbered, without ever getting started. Another Paul Di Resta, though Di Resta arguably better.

Looking forward to the day and lack of sleep anyway.

Sith Happens
20 hours ago, mastah said:

I admit that I am a Vettel fan. I cheered Hamilton on in his first title season but I think that was because not a lot was known about the guy. Since then, he seems to think he is bigger than the sport by being associated with American socialites to improve his own image. It's a shame that the Vettel/Hamilton rivalry doesn't have the same draw as the Hill/Schumacher rivalry of the mid 90s. Favoured Hill back then, but I have changed allegiances in my old age to favouring Vettel. 

This double header feels like Christmas... god knows how I will feel with the triple header next season.

I think its mostly because everyone knew schumacher was a special driver, but very easy to look on as the 'bad guy'. Hill probably not as talented as hamilton, or even mansell before him but a far more likeable character. 

That said had Hills Arrows not broken down on the last lap in Hungary when leading i think that would have gone down as one of the greatest wins of all time, would be like winning a race in todays Mclaren, or worse.

What would the sanctions be today for schumacher driving into hill on purpose in his battered benneton and ending hills race and therefore winning the title?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think its mostly because everyone knew schumacher was a special driver, but very easy to look on as the 'bad guy'. Hill probably not as talented as hamilton, or even mansell before him but a far more likeable character. 

That said had Hills Arrows not broken down on the last lap in Hungary when leading i think that would have gone down as one of the greatest wins of all time, would be like winning a race in todays Mclaren, or worse.

What would the sanctions be today for schumacher driving into hill on purpose in his battered benneton and ending hills race and therefore winning the title?

After Vettel's punishment... probably a literal slap on the wrist.

I think F1 has taken a positive step forward. Last year, I wasn't arsed about watching the race. This year, I am excited to watch the race, albeit it can be dull at times, but with Ferrari stepping up to the mark, we finally have a two horse race again. And with Hamilton not having the rub of the green, Bottas is putting pressure on him. Also, the midfield pack aren't a million miles away from the front runners which makes it a little bit more entertaining.

The new owners and Ross Brawn are exactly what the sport needed after turning stale and predictable under Eccelstone's later years of reign. Cannot wait to see what next season brings.

13 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Booooooo.

Only joking, I'll be there too, down at Woodcote, my son taking his Union Jack to back Hamilton.

Kubica would be a story, don't know what to make of Palmer, unlucky not to get a point last week but otherwise hasn't really near matched the Hulk, which is not a surprise; worry for him his days are numbered, without ever getting started. Another Paul Di Resta, though Di Resta arguably better.

Looking forward to the day and lack of sleep anyway.

Copse for me this time, 30 years ago it was the Hangar straight at the point where Mansell dummied Piquet. Great fun and a track invasion!

Have fun and be safe.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bottas will take 5 grid place penalty due unscheduled gearbox change. I'm off there on Sunday so enjoy it guys. ?

Taking your flag DEL? Where you aiming to be round the track?

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Taking your flag DEL? Where you aiming to be round the track?

No mate and I'm in Copse A. 3 of us. ????

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No mate and I'm in Copse A. 3 of us. ????

Never been there, but did wonder about it, they fly down that national straight. Just down from me then, only choose Woodcote as they break hard going into Luffield so normally get a few more seconds live :lol:

Plus Lewis normally does a donut there win or lose, as Button used to at Maclaren.

Archived