Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was a joke. But the point of the thread was that alternate view is what we want - whether based on anything other than opion or not! So as an alternative view I wished to check that it was okay to agree with the non-alternate views!

Ah okay, you need to work on your stand up routine then.. My sides were not splitting..

I think it was more are we allowed an alternate view.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely its all about how you present your case  ?

From my very limited opinion, as long as you back up your view with a reasoned argument, even if people disagree with it, at least they respect it. By and large the vast majority of people on here seem very reasonable. 

Its when people shoot from the hip that they get a hard time, and quite rightly. There has to be logic behind an opinion for it to be acceptable.

i can only think of one poster on here who responds in a totally unreasonable way and appears to be an utterly obnoxious individual. But thats their problem, not yours, and one out of very many isn't too bad. 

I would love people to be honest on 4 questions 

1       How many people wanted Wassall as manager after the playoffs  

2       How many people thought Pearson was a good appointment at the time  

3        How many people thought they would welcome McClaren back to Derby   .

4       Do you still want McClaren for next season whatever results we get for the rest of this season  

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Ah okay, you need to work on your stand up routine then.. My sides were not splitting..

I think it was more are we allowed an alternate view.

I'll not give up the day job! :p

I don't think any would object to well argued alternate views, but that wasn't what was happening.

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

From my very limited opinion, as long as you back up your view with a reasoned argument, even if people disagree with it, at least they respect it. By and large the vast majority of people on here seem very reasonable. 

Its when people shoot from the hip that they get a hard time, and quite rightly. There has to be logic behind an opinion for it to be acceptable.

i can only think of one poster on here who responds in a totally unreasonable way and appears to be an utterly obnoxious individual. But thats their problem, not yours, and one out of very many isn't too bad. 

You're far too pragmatic for this forum. Stay around a while longer and you'll see.

6 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Name and shame..

Just now, curtains said:

4       Do you still want McClaren for next season whatever results we get for the rest of this season  

1 Nope

2 Yep

3 Yep

4 Yep

1 minute ago, curtains said:

1. Don't know - not me

2. Don't know - me

3. Don't know - not me

4. Don't know - yes

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes to questions 2,3  and 4. Big fat NO to question 1.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Question 4 even if we get beat at Forest. 

I'm  joking we can't get beat at Forest can we ! 

Don't even joke about it!

Mac has made a rod for his own back by making it seem easy. We need to take the long view, at least he tries to play good football.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't even joke about it!

Mac has made a rod for his own back by making it seem easy. We need to take the long view, at least he tries to play good football.

I tell you if Forest beat Derby this place will go into meltdown. 

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Seems to me that every time some question anything on this forum that is not the populist view of a few posters they get hammered.

I actually think the forum may be worse off for this in many ways as it stops people posting. 

The right to free speech does not give you the right to not be ridiculed for being a hysterical reactionary.

When moderators start censoring your posts because they don't agree with you, then come talk to me about not being allowed your view.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

The right to free speech does not give you the right to not be ridiculed for being a hysterical reactionary.

When moderators start censoring your posts because they don't agree with you, then come talk to me about not being allowed your view.

My big beef is the people who get it wrong and then act as if they didn't in the first place and then hammer others. 

Can you answer the 4 questions i just posed on a previous post  

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

I read all sides of an argument but only really post in 'safe topics' with throw-away comments.  Sometimes I have strong opinions on footballing matters but quite often they are against popular opinion so I keep them to myself.

My only response to that is deal with it. They're just words. They can't hurt you. When people start making personal attacks, then come talk to me about intimidation.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

My big beef is the people who get it wrong and then act as if they didn't in the first place and then hammer others. 

Can you answer the 4 questions i just posed on a previous post  

Hang on, there's too much ridiculousness in this thread and I'm only on page 4 so far. I'll get to it.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I tell you if Forest beat Derby this place will go into meltdown. 

By the time we play Forest it's more than likely that the chance of getting into the top 6 will be gone so losing to them won't have the same impact with me as it might with some on here. If we lose, the weekend will be sh*** but we go again in the next game.

Meltdown will come from those who's opinions swing like a giant pendulum depending on whether we win or lose a single game - you only have to read the matchday comments to see that. On a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night it was embarrassing to read some of the garbage coming out in the Matchchat thread.

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

1. No. I felt he hadn't proved he was good enough for the job. Also I thought bringing in 'arry' took the achievement of reaching the play offs away for him.

2. Yes ay the time I was excited and hoped he could do the same at Derby as he did at Leicester. 

3. I wasn't too sure at the time but the run we had when he came back made my mind up. Also once appointed I obviously wanr him to be a success. 

4. While ever he is the manager I will support him. I feel he needs to start from scratch but there is too much water under the bridge to do that. Not an easy job juggling players that you may get a good fee for and not selling your best players. 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

1. Nope, but he was better than Pearson, and I honestly always believed that. Consistently I've banged on about our style and Wassall just 'got it' the way Clement didn't and the way I knew Pearson wouldn't. That's not an 'I told you so' brag, just my honest answer. I didn't know who I wanted to be honest so I don't claim to know everything.

2. Nope. Didn't think he'd fit here. Didn't think he really wanted the job that much either. And he didn't.

3. Never thought I would, but as soon as the rumours came up that he might be coming back I instantly warmed to it. As a 'sucker' for the 'Derby Way' I think it just felt right. Forgive and forget. He forgave us for sacking him after all.

4. 100% unless we get relegated. Anything 21st or above and he deserves to still be here next season.

Archived