Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Or some people can't see how we're suffering from injuries and have an incredibly unbalanced side with no focal point.

As we are, we are a midtable side and as SM has taken us from 22nd to top half, he's hardly underperforming.

You either have stupidly high expectations, or you can't comprehend how football works.

Ah ha on comes the only person in the whole world who knows how football works.. Jeeez 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or alternatively screenshot the league table when McClaren took over and then again when the season ends.

We are currently losing against a piss poor Blackburn and you want me to screenshot a league table from September? Right mate 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not particularly no. 

He's had his magic September-December purple patch, the downward spiral began at Leeds two months ago and we haven't at all improved since.

The players haven't improved, the squad selections are becoming more bizarre each week and bar Thorne, injuries can't be the excuse this time round.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

He's had his magic September-December purple patch, the downward spiral began at Leeds two months ago and we haven't at all improved since.

The players haven't improved, the squad selections are becoming more bizarre each week and bar Thorne, injuries can't be the excuse this time round.

Good. Well at least we had a purple patch to get us into a position where we could afford a slump.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad Pearson has gone but every game under McClaren barring Forest and the first half against Wolves, I've been bored out of my mind and the performances aren't better if at all than under Pearson, just that the results have improved but even they are falling again. Even in the home Bristol city game I was bored out of my mind because the goals weren't fantastic team play, they were just simple crosses which we were even doing under Pearson. Those who think we only need 2 or 3 players and then we'd go up are living in cloud cuckoo land. We only needed 2 or 3 from the play off final team but this team's miles off that. We need at least 8 quality signings in the summer if we want to be near the play offs next season. Any less and you can write the season off.... again.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nah just sack him. Then we can have a moan about MM after that for hiring and firing and not getting the right manager.

Well it worked for Watford in 14/15. How many managers did they go through that season? yet still gained automatic :)

We aren't going far with Mcclaren, Chris Evans and these players - it need's a complete revamp from top to bottom. 

Mcclaren will always be a failure. Done nothing of any note since 07 with Twente and even then he cocked up in his second spell there.  England, Wolfsburg, Forest, Us, Newcastle - hardly set the world alight has he? Nobody else would touch the man bar us. He can't hacked it when the going gets tough

8 hours ago, Papahet said:

Well it worked for Watford in 14/15. How many managers did they go through that season? yet still gained automatic :)

We aren't going far with Mcclaren, Chris Evans and these players - it need's a complete revamp from top to bottom. 

Mcclaren will always be a failure. Done nothing of any note since 07 with Twente and even then he cocked up in his second spell there.  England, Wolfsburg, Forest, Us, Newcastle - hardly set the world alight has he? Nobody else would touch the man bar us. He can't hacked it when the going gets tough

Because changing the manager had worked well for us recently right?

Who do you think we should replace him with then? 

14 hours ago, Papahet said:

They picked managers that fit the system, not go from a possession-is-everything Clement to bull-in-a-china-shop Pearson.

Archived