Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

By the time we play Forest it's more than likely that the chance of getting into the top 6 will be gone so losing to them won't have the same impact with me as it might with some on here. If we lose, the weekend will be sh*** but we go again in the next game.

Meltdown will come from those who's opinions swing like a giant pendulum depending on whether we win or lose a single game - you only have to read the matchday comments to see that. On a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night it was embarrassing to read some of the garbage coming out in the Matchchat thread.

Seems to me Leicester can sack Ranieri after winning the Premier League but Derby should stick with McClaren .

I feel McClaren will be here next season whatever. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Would you want Derby to sack McClaren and appoint Ranieri? 

No but I do want McClaren to finish this season well including beating Blackburn Tuesday and then doing well against Barnsley,Preston and Brighton before Forest. 

We need a good looking end to this season. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Jeez - broken records' got nowt on some people on here. 

But that's because you like McClaren and can't have an alternative view. 

Heaven help you if McClaren doesn't work out at Derby. 

You are one of them posters right and you know it. 

The OP would be better off answering questions posed instead of someone asking a question..... then replies with another question entirely without answering said question.

And I'm the supposed drama queen.

Thank fook for the ignore button. Only one who is on it.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

No but I do want McClaren to finish this season well including beating Blackburn Tuesday and then doing well against Barnsley,Preston and Brighton before Forest. 

We need a good looking end to this season. 

Me too. I think we will finish well. Brighton away will be tough. The rest are winnable on our day.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The OP would be better off answering questions posed instead of someone asking a question..... then replies with another question entirely without answering said question.

And I'm the supposed drama queen.

Thank fook for the ignore button. Only one who is on it.

Ignore me if you like no problem. 

Give us you're view on Mel Morris lol

5 hours ago, curtains said:

6 points would be all the difference at this point and that's the big disappointment 

As would an extra 10 points or so from our opening 9 games.

44 minutes ago, curtains said:

I would love people to be honest on 4 questions 

1       How many people wanted Wassall as manager after the playoffs  

2       How many people thought Pearson was a good appointment at the time  

3        How many people thought they would welcome McClaren back to Derby   .

4       Do you still want McClaren for next season whatever results we get for the rest of this season  

No, yes, not sure, yes.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Seems to me Leicester can sack Ranieri after winning the Premier League but Derby should stick with McClaren .

I feel McClaren will be here next season whatever. 

Whilst I'm not saying Leicester were right to sack Ranieri, you're not really making a fair comparison. Leicester are in serious danger of being relegated - we're not. Ranieri has been there all season (and preseason) McClaren hasn't. Ranieri has taken a league winning team to bottom three. McClaren has picked up a team on its knees to one that flirted (temporarily) with the play offs. The wheels may have come off since we lost at Leeds but any talk of getting rid of Steve now is frankly ridiculous. 

McClaren will be here next season and so he should be. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Whilst I'm not saying Leicester were right to sack Ranieri, you're not really making a fair comparison. Leicester are in serious danger of being relegated - we're not. Ranieri has been there all season (and preseason) McClaren hasn't. Ranieri has taken a league winning team to bottom three. McClaren has picked up a team on its knees to one that flirted (temporarily) with the play offs. The wheels may have come off since we lost at Leeds but any talk of getting rid of Steve now is frankly ridiculous. 

McClaren will be here next season and so he should be. 

If we didn't have a like button, I'd be replying 'yep, I agree' with this... I think a like button makes more sense.  Good points raised though.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

But that's because you like McClaren and can't have an alternative view. 

Heaven help you if McClaren doesn't work out at Derby. 

You are one of them posters right and you know it. 

You just are so myopic it's unbelievable. If you bother to take the time to read my answers to your 4 point questionnaire you will see (a) I was OK with Pearson coming in and (b) not too happy about McClaren returning. Still don't think he's the right man for the job but in view of what's happened at the club over the last 18 months, stability is essential so he needs to be given the summer transfer window to put things right. If we're still in a similar position to our current one in 12 months time then we probably will need to look elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You just are so myopic it's unbelievable. If you bother to take the time to read my answers to your 4 point questionnaire you will see (a) I was OK with Pearson coming in and (b) not too happy about McClaren returning. Still don't think he's the right man for the job but in view of what's happened at the club over the last 18 months, stability is essential so he needs to be given the summer transfer window to put things right. If we're still in a similar position to our current one in 12 months time then we probably will need to look elsewhere.

I could say you are myopic because as sure as eggs are eggs if this season falls apart at the end and we don't beat Forest questions will be asked. 

I don't care how much loyalty McClaren has at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

No fine with you countering it but you are one who will look stupid if McClaren fails. 

Why will he look stupid? Is that saying anyone who believes Steve is the right choice for us right now is stupid if we don't get promoted?

If we do get promoted under Steve will you feel stupid? Hopefully not, hopefully you will put your hands up and say I was wrong..hopefully Steve works out, if he doesn't then so be it.

Archived