Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

16 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Speaking as someone who also isn't a massive fan of McClaren, Id say there is room to make reasoned criticisms of him on here. What many object to is the knee-jerk, 'we're all doomed' stuff that some posters (particularly newbies) come out with - it annoys me too.

Lets give him this season to do his planning & then start properly judging him from August. I most certainly will be doing.

Good post. I'm in the other corner, but even the fans that are not big Mcclaren fans surely need to give him the summer and next season to sort it all out, just like you have stated.

If anyone had said when he took over, that we would be comfortable mid table with  13/14 Games to go, I would have snapped their hands off. Personally I think the season is now over, and we have to all get behind him and back who he ships out/signs in the summer.

Quick question to everyone. How many of the current squad were bought when McClaren was actually in charge? Off the top of my head, Christie, Thorne definates.

Mitchell and Roos maybe, not sure of the times and you could argue about Ince.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thats a fair point but some people think they can see the writing on the wall already  .

They may be wrong but it's also a valid point of view  

Mostly based on Mac's never done anything, a serial loser, the players are all bottlers and Keogh is the anti-Christ?!

You can have an alternative view and people can disagree. That's the point of a forum.

If more people disagree with you than agree with you then that is why you are "hammered"

Personally, I would give McClaren the whole of next season.. A knee jerk reaction after a few games will mean a different manager and different ideas and different signings again. Patience is the key.

As a daily reader of the forum but rare poster I have to agree in some way with the OP - although this forum is no different to any of the others I frequent.  

As the host of several (gaming) forums myself in the past its great when you have popular and vocal posters but it is a difficult balancing act to have them not drown out opposing views and it can be very intimidating for other/new users.

I read all sides of an argument but only really post in 'safe topics' with throw-away comments.  Sometimes I have strong opinions on footballing matters but quite often they are against popular opinion so I keep them to myself.  

It is very easy to become known as a bit of an antagonist on forums despite using them for what they are supposed to be used for, especially if you don't fall in line with popular opinion.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

6 points would be all the difference at this point and that's the big disappointment 

Or even 9 points from those 3 home games.

And I agree.....people need to be more accepting of the wide range of views on here, instead of being defensive/outraged when criticisms are made.

To be honest, I regularly go on other clubs forums and they are exactly the same as ours, it's either feast or famine depending on how their team have played in the previous game. People are at each other's throats depending on their viewpoint and a handful are right mardy f**kers derided by the rest! 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's a really good post. 

9 games enough next season then to assess it ! 

Catastrophic as they were, Pearson's 9 games were not the reason for his demise, I thought his behavioural situation was well documented. Wasn't he going to get the bullet for gross misconduct and we reached a compromise so the unsavoury incident didn't become public knowledge.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

Catastrophic as they were, Pearson's 9 games were not the reason for his demise, I thought his behavioural situation was well documented. Wasn't he going to get the bullet for gross misconduct and we reached a compromise so the unsavoury incident didn't become public knowledge.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I can't correct you . 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Well why would they bother if they already know we've got a poor manager, poor players and we will  'bottle it'?

They may not bother who knows .

I have heard more than one person saying they are considering not renewing next season. 

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

Seems to me that every time some question anything on this forum that is not the populist view of a few posters they get hammered.

I actually think the forum may be worse off for this in many ways as it stops people posting. 

I've noticed the new buz word is 'entitlement '..

But apparently we are not entitled to any view.. Hmmm.

I am fully expecting capital punishment to be reintroduced for supposed wrist slashing views..

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I've noticed the new buz word is 'entitlement '..

But apparently we are not entitled to any view.. Hmmm.

I am fully expecting capital punishment to be reintroduced for supposed wrist slashing views..

Thing is mate if or when McClaren fails they will all say like they did with Pearson I didn't want McClaren back anyway and I told you so.  

Pearson being the worst thing ever at Derby since sliced bread even though  most of the fan base excluding me as I wanted Rowett wanted him. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Pearson being the worst thing ever at Derby since sliced bread even though  most of the fan base excluding me as I wanted Rowett wanted him. 

You don't consider the possibility that Rowett might also have been the worst thing since sliced bread at Derby? The fact that you wanted him means he must be a good choice? :D

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't consider the possibility that Rowett might also have been the worst thing since sliced bread at Derby? The fact that you wanted him means he must be a good choice? :D

No he could of failed for sure. 

I don't think he would and I think he would take us to the Premier League. 

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well why would they bother if they already know we've got a poor manager, poor players and we will  'bottle it'?

They are still fans of the club.. The club might be bigger than those people you have mentioned.

Should people have walked away when the 3 Amigo's were here? Or where they right to protest?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, why did Wassall come in for such abuse when he managed to get a bunch of mid table, average, footballing, bottlers into the play offs?

You tell me.  

Could it have been the team losing 0-3 at home to Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

They are still fans of the club.. The club might be bigger than those people you have mentioned.

Should people have walked away when the 3 Amigo's were here? Or where they right to protest?

2 completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

You would think that people who had to endure the 3 Amigos tenure would know better than to refer to our current situation as a crisis...

Archived