Nugent and Vydra

MackworthRamIsGod

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Vydra played for Watford (and scored many goals) playing alongside a big man, Deeney!

I wasn't aware we had a big man for Vydra to play alongside? As I said in reply, so why play him.

In reply to your analogy, he can't even be bothered to go through the carwash!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Despite schteve saying vydra is the future he seems to have no intention of playing him.

i think his insistence on 433w is going to get him and us into some difficulty.

he seems to be going down a blind alley at the moment.

Has he actually ever said that ? 

I wouldn't say vydra is the answer to anything...Getting goals doesn't seem to be our problem bar the 30 man behind the ball game against Burton..

It's linking into our midfield and making the team more cohesive and flowing as a whole that's the issue...And from what I've seen vydra doesn't do that.

Nugent does interact far more though so I'd like to see him start with bent reverting to our supersub.

I still can't see a use for vydra in a 443 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I wouldn't say vydra is the answer to anything...Getting goals doesn't seem to be our problem bar the 30 man behind the ball game against Burton..

It's linking into our midfield and making the team more cohesive and flowing as a whole that's the issue...And from what I've seen vydra doesn't do that.

Nugent does interact far more though so I'd like to see him start with bent reverting to our supersub.

I still can't see a use for vydra in a 443 

You're so negative.. :whistle:

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What is it with this clamouring for vydra?

He's played and started far more games than Blackman but have scored a similar number of goals...i.e roughly none but no one is begging for him to play.

They are both gone in a few months and good riddance

Stupid thing to say (last bit) 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes both of you are spot on, Vydra is a good player but clearly isn't in the right system.

We should never buy good players only players that fit into Mcclarens specific system. (We Don't want more centre forwards that must be retrained as wingers). 

We then hope that other teams don't think about us and let us play our system without pressing us or making things difficult. Then we will contend for a playoff spot next year or the year after because 4-3-3 guarantees that.:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wasn't aware we had a big man for Vydra to play alongside? As I said in reply, so why play him.

In reply to your analogy, he can't even be bothered to go through the carwash!

Yeah I've seen him at the hand car wash at the bottom of Notts Road the lazy sod.

The term 'big man' is used loosely these days, there aren't many of the Duncan Fergusons about anymore.  You have Matt Smith who was at Fulham (not sure where now), Nuhiu at Wednesday off the top of my head.

Chris Martin is hardly a big man, he falls over to much to be classed as one.

Nugent in his short cameos has shown neat touches, hold up play and intelligent passes.  I think Vydra could benefit from that, as long as he puts in the effort, because yes, at the moment he does seem to walk around the pitch counting how much money he has made by the second.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Stupid thing to say (last bit) 

I disagree...both have been a waste of Derby county money that could have been spent elsewhere.

I don't mean it personally to either,both are professional footballers with a high degree of skill that none of us could ever aspire too.

Both however have added nothing to Derby but large wage bills,particularly vydra.

So good riddance it is or rather will be.

My caveat here...if vydra comes good with Martin or Nugent then I'll be very happy indeed.

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

We should never buy good players only players that fit into Mcclarens specific system. (We Don't want more centre forwards that must be retrained as wingers). 

We then hope that other teams don't think about us and let us play our system without pressing us or making things difficult. Then we will contend for a playoff spot next year or the year after because 4-3-3 guarantees that.:thumbsup:

Oh ok we should buy just good players without a thought about where they will fit then, I mean it was such a successful plan under Clement afterall. 

When we signed Vydra I thought it was a great signing. For Watford he looked unplayable at times so the guy has definitely got something to offer. He just needs support from Mac and more importantly from us. Maybe a partnership with Nugent is the catalyst he needs. Good call, worth a try. 

All signings are a risk, a player can do well at one club, then struggle when he goes to a new one, I think Nugent for deffo will prove to be a good signing, starting hopefully today with a goal at villa, hope Vydra comes good to, he was great for Watford when he got 24 goals for them in one season, there is a player in there, I for one will be giving them my 100 percent support, every time they pull on the jersey.

Would love McClaren to play Vydra and Nugent today. Both intelligent players. It's not often I agree with Craig Ramage but he watched Vydra for 2 full seasons at Watford and bangs on about his quality. I remember when he was ripping up the championship playing off Troy deeney. There is a real player there, we need to persevere and find it. 

Sadly i don't think Vydra will start, let's Hope Nugent does. Very intelligent player, made a difference when he came on the other night, think he can play anywhere across the front line. 

Archived