Nugent and Vydra

MackworthRamIsGod

I would love to see these form a partnership together.

I would find it hard dropping Bent after his goal scoring recently, but as Mac has alluded to, Vydra is the future.

We still haven't given Vydra the chance to play up top with big man who can hold the ball and play someone in (Martin being the ideal candidate), but Nugent could be that player.

Russell and Ince on the wings to compliment them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would find it hard dropping Bent after his goal scoring recently, but as Mac has alluded to, Vydra is the future.

We still haven't given Vydra the chance to play up top with big man who can hold the ball and play someone in (Martin being the ideal candidate), but Nugent could be that player.

I was desperate for Vydra to come on against Burton and play up front with Nugent thought it looked made for it. Really hope we try it soon . 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What is it with this clamouring for vydra?

He's played and started far more games than Blackman but have scored a similar number of goals...i.e roughly none but no one is begging for him to play.

They are both gone in a few months and good riddance

Because Blackmans **** .Vydras not. 

47 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's played and started far more games than Blackman but have scored a similar number of goals...i.e roughly none but no one is begging for him to play.

To be fair Vydra looks like a footballer unlike Blackman and I hate to actually say that 

Issue with Vydra is that he should be banging down McClaren's door for game time either for the first team or the U23's. Of course we don't know what happens behind the scenes but when he gets minutes he should be busting a gut, but he comes on and just jogs around? 

Feel sorry for him in a way as he was sold a lie essentially as being Pearson's main man but he really isn't helping himself at the moment.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Exciting but we have consistently lost the midfield with three in there. Two wingers and two central attackers means two in central midfield so plenty of Bristol/Cardiff games!

Ince, Nugent, Vydra is worth a shot but I would want Johnson, Hughes and possibly De Sart behind them. 

We should play Vydra because he can only prove his worth if he gets extended play-time though I echo the thoughts of some who want more desire from him. He has also found great positions only to be denied the pass (often by Ince). 

12 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Jesus wept, Vydra played for Watford (and scored many goals) playing alongside a big man, Deeney!

We have bought a small whippet in Vydra and stuck him up front on his tod.

Despite schteve saying vydra is the future he seems to have no intention of playing him.

i think his insistence on 433w is going to get him and us into some difficulty.

he seems to be going down a blind alley at the moment.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Right. So why should we play him?

Because we haven't yet played him in a position/formation/system that is suitable to his needs.

Nugent maybe the key to unlocking a goal scoring Vydra.

If you purchased a lovely diesal car and filled it with unleaded petrol and your car starts smoking like a chimney, do you blame the car, or the person who failed to pick the fuel that is suitable to the car? 

Lets be honest. We wouldn't have scored against Burton if we had been playing for 2 days straight, so something needs to change. 

Next question.....

Archived