Nigel, tonight.

Warren Hobhead

5 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Look tonight was a night to forget. Let's move on to next season. Again we have to say that!

Clough is right. He said that when he was sacked we were 14th in the championship and 3 years later having spent 150 millions pounds we are 11th in the championship. 

Maybe if we gave him a fraction of that 150 million Clough would have got us in the top 2 in the championship. I'm pretty sure he would have. 

All I think clough needed was about 5 to 10 million. Not 150 million. With his record of finding players we'd be up in the premiership now. His scouts must be amazing. Think about the players he found us. Buxton on a free! Brayford we made a handy profit on. And I'm not even going into the Martins, Brysons, will Hughes , Hendricks, keoghs, grants, barkers and many more that I haven't mentioned. 

Tonight we we were embarrassed by ******* burton Albion. Non league club. There fans out sang us totally. 

They chanted 

without nigel clough then you'd be bust! 

They were right. 

Derby have turned into a soulless laughing stock because of the overpaided frauds mac and rush have signed. 

We we need a fresh start next season

Anyway onwards and upwards. 

We'll always be the biggest club in the East Midlands 

He said we spent £150m and he was right?

Would you like to quantify where that £150m was spent? 

Did he go on to say that, at a time when the market was not so inflated, he spent £1m on Shackell, Keogh, Barker, and Sammon? 

I see you have chosen only to list his good signings, as I recall his list of signings was much bigger than that. Do you not remember the marquee signing Common Sammon? Or how about our top earner Nathan Tyson. 

Why were we embarrassed last night? We played a team with 10 men behind the ball and failed to break them down. The only people that were embarrassed are the ones that still think Burton are 'non league' and just expect to turn up and win.

If we are a laughing stock now, imagine what we were when mid table finishes were a bonus.

Their fans were not right when singing with Nigel we would be bust. Without GSE we would be bust. 

I am a big fan of Clough believe it or not and was one of his biggest defenders on here but posts like this grind my gears I am afraid. 

He is a good manager in my opinion but completely lacks class, the way him and his sidekicks come across on the sideline and interviews leaves a bitter taste in the mouth for me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well considering what he started with then i'd say top 10 should make most people happy.

But it won't. Because just like last time he's a victim of his own success. 

There's people here on this forum saying "Mac is a failure/Pearson needed more time"

I'm not sure if that's a joke or the one of the most ironic things ever said. 

I'd rather try and patch a roof with holes in than have no roof at all. I imagine they'd say "never try, never fail"

There were a few on here that thought because of our 5th position finish last season we should have been looking for promotion this season under Pearson.

Pearson awful tenure was not just down to him, the players were also to blame, Mac come in and we get confidence back into those players and went on a great run.

But we are currently back where we were under Pearson, hapless performances, poor results - Pearson tenure and Mac last 10 game are a mirror image. Mac is not totally at fault either, those players have to take responsibility once they cross that white line, if they are failing to do what Mac is asking them they have to go.

We need managerial stability and let Mac do want is right with this squad.

We are a mid table side and nothing more.

14 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Number one fan/stalker, ffs one of these days admin or the owner of the board will step in and stop people like you from having a personal dig at me.

Rather than call me out personally we have a report button that not just alerts myself but all the moderators if you feel like personal insults are being thrown at you.

I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on with accusing other members of personal "digs" though whilst you call people bitter as they hold a negative opinion on Nigel.

Feels like we've been here several times before, we know you have personal connections to the family but this is a Derby County forum with fans of the club, Nigel was not a fan favourite at here, attendances back this up.

You will find many negative opinions that were held whilst Nigel was still at the club. Those not changing now he's been gone for a few years isn't bitterness.

14 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

If you think Nigel did a amazing job your easily pleased,yes he cut the wage bill and kept us in the division and spent money wisely in the main but the football was dull especially away from home. Having said that I will politely applaud him we have seen much worse managers at Derby over the years even this season but amazing ? Come on

The football in many games was a hell of a lot more attractive than the predictable stuff we are getting at the moment. That is not a criticism of McClaren, he is lumbered with what he has to work with at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Rather than call me out personally we have a report button that not just alerts myself but all the moderators if you feel like personal insults are being thrown at you.

I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on with accusing other members of personal "digs" though whilst you call people bitter as they hold a negative opinion on Nigel.

Feels like we've been here several times before, we know you have personal connections to the family but this is a Derby County forum with fans of the club, Nigel was not a fan favourite at here, attendances back this up.

You will find many negative opinions that were held whilst Nigel was still at the club. Those not changing now he's been gone for a few years isn't bitterness.

It's not "calling YOU out" I've got nowt but respect for you but I do wish you weren't so ready to accept wind ups from one side but not so much the other. For goodness sakes Boycie STILL trolls me today and he's one of the key admin on the board.

David, pal. I use the term bitter in response to them calling him bitter. That's all I do. I use their terms just to make sure I'm communicating at the same level they do.

Not to worry though, I'm fairly used to it by now, occasionally I'll moan about it going too far but I've only ever used the report function once and that evening ended up with me getting banned for a month. No point in me reporting a post if you agree with the sentiment of it.

10 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

It's not "calling YOU out" I've got nowt but respect for you but I do wish you weren't so ready to accept wind ups from one side but not so much the other. For goodness sakes Boycie STILL trolls me today and he's one of the key admin on the board.

David, pal. I use the term bitter in response to them calling him bitter. That's all I do. I use their terms just to make sure I'm communicating at the same level they do.

Not to worry though, I'm fairly used to it by now, occasionally I'll moan about it going too far but I've only ever used the report function once and that evening ended up with me getting banned for a month. No point in me reporting a post if you agree with the sentiment of it.

Ronnie there is one admin and one owner on this site and they are both the same person, me. So.....

15 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Number one fan/stalker, ffs one of these days admin or the owner of the board will step in and stop people like you from having a personal dig at me.

Does feel like calling me out personally.

From what I've seen in this thread you were first to throw the bitter line out to Ewe Ram then took offence being called Nigel's number 1 fan.

Before we played Burton earlier in the season Nigel made comments about the club and Sam Rush which fans saw as bitterness, their opinion and this is the forum to allow them to share it.

If you give it you have to be prepared to take it, just avoid words that get censored out. 

As for Boycie or any other posts you feel are personal insults use the report function. Moderators posts have been removed before.

Hundreds of posts are made each day on this forum, I don't personally read every single one, nor do I expect each mod to, things slip by which is why the report tool really helps us out.

41 minutes ago, toddy said:

There were a few on here that thought because of our 5th position finish last season we should have been looking for promotion this season under Pearson.

Pearson awful tenure was not just down to him, the players were also to blame, Mac come in and we get confidence back into those players and went on a great run.

But we are currently back where we were under Pearson, hapless performances, poor results - Pearson tenure and Mac last 10 game are a mirror image. Mac is not totally at fault either, those players have to take responsibility once they cross that white line, if they are failing to do what Mac is asking them they have to go.

We need managerial stability and let Mac do want is right with this squad.

We are a mid table side and nothing more.

The performances are a world apart. At least the current team is trying to play football!

9 minutes ago, David said:

Ronnie there is one admin and one owner on this site and they are both the same person, me. So.....

Does feel like calling me out personally.

From what I've seen in this thread you were first to throw the bitter line out to Ewe Ram then took offence being called Nigel's number 1 fan.

Before we played Burton earlier in the season Nigel made comments about the club and Sam Rush which fans saw as bitterness, their opinion and this is the forum to allow them to share it.

If you give it you have to be prepared to take it, just avoid words that get censored out. 

As for Boycie or any other posts you feel are personal insults use the report function. Moderators posts have been removed before.

Hundreds of posts are made each day on this forum, I don't personally read every single one, nor do I expect each mod to, things slip by which is why the report tool really helps us out.

read page 5, last post of the page.

As I said, I use the term bitter in response to those who call him bitter.

The rest of it we'd only be going over old ground David, my feeling is that those who are prepared to dish it out on this forum then can't get all flowery when NC has a little dig at the employees of the club, never at the club itself and never at the fans. Just at the owner  or CEO or whatever he is these days, in other words the one who bombed him out and I think he's entitled to do that.

I'm alright taking it and I'm alright dishing it out, what I don't like is the second I post something defending him, it comes back straight to that number one fan/ stalker / love child garbage.

It's cheap, it's classless and it's ********.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

read page 5, last post of the page.

As I said, I use the term bitter in response to those who call him bitter.

But that wasn't aimed at you, it was Ewe Rams voicing her opinion on how Nigel came across in an interview on a Derby County forum, which is why I'm saying that if anything you went personal first.

Maybe had mods stepped in and removed your initial comment we wouldn't be here now? 

I'm not sure what you expect in topics like these, Nigel wasn't a well liked manager, each year attendances declined by almost 10k on average by time he left. McClaren arrived and they shot back up.

3 minutes ago, David said:

But that wasn't aimed at you, it was Ewe Rams voicing her opinion on how Nigel came across in an interview on a Derby County forum, which is why I'm saying that if anything you went personal first.

Maybe had mods stepped in and removed your initial comment we wouldn't be here now? 

I'm not sure what you expect in topics like these, Nigel wasn't a well liked manager, each year attendances declined by almost 10k on average by time he left. McClaren arrived and they shot back up.

Like I said.

I'm fighting a losing battle asking you to referee when you agree with the person who I'm "discussing" it with. Not exactly a neutral starting point

My personal comment? You go on about Nigel being bitter, pot kettle and black spring to mind.

What a shockingly hurtful statement to make.

That's personal but something like "almost as boring as Nigel himself" or Nigels number one stalker is fine (the fan bit I'll take)).

Everything in that thread is fairly calm until Wolfie jumps in with a two footed lunge.

Now look at some of the comments on Clough since, if I respond to those all hell will break loose again.

Strangely @uttoxram75 's post from Andy Garner doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves, there's NIgel AND his backroom clearly stating they love the club AND the fans but he's STILL the bitter one.

Bizarre, but your board, your rules and you're entitled to take the stance you do.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Like I said.

I'm fighting a losing battle asking you to referee when you agree with the person who I'm "discussing" it with. Not exactly a neutral starting point

My personal comment? You go on about Nigel being bitter, pot kettle and black spring to mind.

That's personal but something like "almost as boring as Nigel himself" or Nigels number one stalker is fine (the fan bit I'll take)).

Everything in that thread is fairly calm until Wolfie jumps in with a two footed lunge.

Now look at some of the comments on Clough since, if I respond to those all hell will break loose again.

Strangely @uttoxram75 's post from Andy Garner doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves, there's NIgel AND his backroom clearly stating they love the club AND the fans but he's STILL the bitter one.

Bizarre, but your board, your rules and you're entitled to take the stance you do.

To be honest David is totally clueless when it comes to football. Doesn't understand much at all. 

He's one of the main reasons I don't post on here more often. 

He wont be able to cope with this post so he'll probably ban me. 

3 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

To be honest David is totally clueless when it comes to football. Doesn't understand much at all. 

Don't know who this is, but he's now my favourite poster.

Come on folks....let it go.

NC does get an unduly harsh criticism on here,

there is a core who seem to hold a defiantly negative view and who are equally up sam rush. 

personally i like Ronnie's bit of balance. 

7 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Like I said.

My personal opinions do not effect how I moderate the forum. To suggest so is a personal attack and slanderous.

See how easy it is to turn everything personal?

Everything remained calm until you jumped in two footed calling another member bitter. Read the thread back.

7 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

I won't be able to sleep tonight. Forgive me knowledgable one.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Well this was entirely predictable.

Hello pal.

No matter what was said between us in the past. I won't row with you again. I told you before the podcasts made me change my opinion of you totally, actually listening to you and not just reacting blindly to what you wrote.

As well as that this year I've made very good friends with 2 lads who we used to fight like idiots, they share(d) the same views you do on Clough, before I started chatting to them I thought they were both buffoons, I was wrong, they're very decent lads and just cos we don't agree on Clough doesn't make them the devil incarnate.

I'd say the same to you (and others) Some of you have me down as buffoon just cos we disagree on Clough, it's ridiculous.

Now back to the football, I can sit here half happy in the fact that after everything NC and Burton have four points from two games against the Rams, his dad used to say "nowt shuts people up like three points"

Whatever people think of him, he'll be quite happy with people calling him clueless or whatever. Hopefully he'll have the last laugh by keeping that tiny club in the same division as Derby so he can have another crack at it next year and maybe by then he'll have convinced one or two that the club still holds a special place in his heart.

Bitter? I don't agree. holds a grudge against Sam Rush, yes absolutely. Right or wrong he does and I don't see it changing any time soon, holds a grudge against the club or the fans? I don't agree.

Archived