Nigel, tonight.

Warren Hobhead

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

NIgel is not biter either , he just doesn't like Sam Rush.

Works both ways this disliking thing, if it gives you carte blanche to pull apart his character why does it upset you if he has a go at the CEO?

You'll never see him having a go at the club, ever. Only the money men who pushed him out.

and @Wolfie what a cowards post that is.

Number one fan/stalker, ffs one of these days admin or the owner of the board will step in and stop people like you from having a personal dig at me.

I don't understand why you think it's ok for others to have a pop 3 or 4 years after he's gone but it's weird for me to stick up for him.

I've probably got more reason to like him than you have for disliking him, yet in your mind I'm the irrational one.

Go figure.

Get over yourself. My comments come from the impression you give: You're not a Derby fan. You're not a Burton fan. You're a Nigel Clough fan - and have admitted so. 

You must lurk in here waiting for comments about him & when they come, you jump in immediately prickly & with personal comments back. If you can't take it without running to teacher, don't give it. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Charlie G said:

Some people have very short memories. When Clough took over nobody wanted to touch the Derby job because the job description was , you have no money, reduce the wage bill and don't get relegated. He did that and also put the foundations down for our academy. Some players he bought in were good ( and are still here ) others not so good. If I have anything negative it would be his scout set up was not really worldwide. Also in match situations there seemed to be an attitude of let's not go out and win the game, it was more don't lose it. That said he will get applause from me because he left us in a much better place than when he arrived. 

Good shout Charlie - that's my abiding sense of his tenure too.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Get over yourself. My comments come from the impression you give: You're not a Derby fan. You're not a Burton fan. You're a Nigel Clough fan - and have admitted so. 

You must lurk in here waiting for comments about him & when they come, you jump in immediately prickly & with personal comments back. If you can't take it without running to teacher, don't give it. 

Or there could be another explanation?

It could be that I actually come on here a lot, read a lot of the threads, see a lot of the football and off topic discussions but because I don't watch Derby as much as I used to, I don't comment.

I don't comment because I don't know enough about what's going on inside Derby County to get involved or to offer opinions. I do however wish the club and the fans of Derby County positive things and have done regularly over the last 12 months at least, since NC got the Burton job and my focus has been on them. You';ll notice the same thing happened when he was at Sheffiled United, I rarely posted.

When he was out of work, I fell back quite comfortably into watching Derby a bit more closely, probably around that time, I posted on more topics.

It could be that these days, I only comment on Clough and Burton threads because I watch Burton a lot and feel I can offer a bit of insight.

When the thread start hammering him, I respond. Freedom of speech, forum for views and all that type of thing.

I get accused of being aggressive just because I'm actually defensive.

Find me a post in the last 6 months where I've been the one who has started throwing around personal insults.

It's got beyond a joke, I'm a 44 year old bloke who just wants to enjoy his football, read a forum and get involved every now and then.

There's a lot of people angry with me for a strange reason. I get tired of it.

It could be that?

56 minutes ago, Papahet said:

But with the aspirations of being in the Premiership.

We was never even considering getting out this division under Nigel Clough. The stadium was approximately 65% full, even die hard fans were reluctant to attend games. The football was bland, the club has a whole had become pretty scale and needed a change of direction. Sam Rush got a ton of abuse for the decision, but it simply had to happen.

He brought in some good players don't get me wrong; Keogh, Brayford, Forsyth, Bryson, Russell and of course Chris Martin - but he didn't get the best out of a single one of them. Mac made a few tweaks here and there; Bryson and Martin looked different players altogether. 

I'd rather be here in 2017 with the slight hope of of being in the top six, than back in 2013 with a squad of Saul Deeney, Nathan Tyson and Conor Doyle.

I personally didn't think we were too far of making it. The major criticism of Nigel I have was his conservatism, especially away from home. I also thought the football was improving all the time, he just needed to persevere and put faith in the players to express themselves and deliver.

You're right about the crowds though obviously. Some people were undoubtedly uninspired and that's a shame.

It's all done now but I challenge anyone to convince me we're much better off now and that Nigel did anything less than a very good job with the cards he was dealt. As such he has my respect. Still hope we win at a canter tonight though!!

1 hour ago, rynny said:

More than people care to admit.

I listened to the grim reaper on the radio tonight - the side kick of bluff - garner and he is a bitter and twisted man - jealous of the "money" he mentioned it 4 times in a 2 minute interview and the "gaffer" as he calls the little dwarf is most likely as bad.... poor football then and i wouldn't have trusted him with anymore money than he had if I'm honest.... and in reality he did have money... more than we think for certain

He can't moan about burton not getting any decisions now. Got several tonight including ref turning down stonewall penalty on bent.  Not that we deserved anything other than 0-0

Good luck to Nigel his staff and Burton though, they did a decent job for us and they're right, we haven't really moved on since then despite the money we've spent. We're underachieving no doubt about it.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

They have a point though, for the 50 million we have spent over the last few years, in 180 minutes of football this season we conceded 1 goal and scored 0.

Yes I agree but I just find it a bit disrespectful when other mangers do interviews and all they can talk about is how much money we've spent instead of talking about their teams performance

Archived