has bents scoring record recently surprised anyone

kyle mccabe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

natural goalscorer/poacher and has been since he came here,but no playmaker and no one else is going to get goals off his play,hes just not that sort of player.

much prefer him as a impact sub as he would still score as many goals but we will hopefully also have martin or nugent on initially to link up the team and provide both goals and link up play to the midfield etc...

17 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

natural goalscorer/poacher and has been since he came here,but no playmaker and no one else is going to get goals off his play,hes just not that sort of player.

much prefer him as a impact sub as he would still score as many goals but we will hopefully also have martin or nugent on initially to link up the team and provide both goals and link up play to the midfield etc...

Yeah because ince is struggling getting goals..

It's not just a pass that helps a teammate score it's making runs and providing space that also helps.  Ince excels with DB

He is getting regular starts to be fair, and he is a goal scorer.

He could maybe have a few more, but on the whole he converts a high percentage, often from only half chances.

It is a bit disappointing he doesnt get in the game more, but on the whole I think his service isnt good enough, and we should get more balls into the box from crossing situations than we do.

16 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah because ince is struggling getting goals..

It's not just a pass that helps a teammate score it's making runs and providing space that also helps.  Ince excels with DB

ince also did well with martin in the games they played together...ince plays well with both but i think having baird in the team is a greater influence on inces game than bent.

and our midfield have less goals with bent as the linchpin than martin...bent still gets his goals,no doubt but the midfield dont....so thats less goals for derby in total...thats clearly been the case this year

Bent was frustrating to watch yesterday. There were so many times he was where he shouldn't be, especially 2nd half. Often if the ball was in the left back area he was stood behind the centre back on our right side. And the same for the opposite side. BUT it was a great header for the first, and scored the penalty. He scores goals, always has done. Just feel our play struggles at times with him in the team.

Bent is doing ok and probably over the course of a season his record would end up something like Chris Martins, he does however not contribute anywhere near as much as martin does elsewhere on the pitch.

He played for England and was transferred for around £60 million in his career Darren Bent scores goals that is his currency and he would keep his place on the pitch if we could get the ball to arrive in the penalty box on a frequent basis he would score a lot more if not he does little to construct play

why was he hardly used by Clement and Wassal is the question?

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Benty's only job is to score goals, he has done it all his career.

Like's to play off the shoulder of last man and usually knows where the ball will end up in and around the box.

In the system we play he does need to do more. The ball doesn't really stick at times which puts us under a little more pressure defensively. Compare him to Martin who holds it up, wins frees kicks and brings others into play and creates goals. Bent is doing well this season but we need more from our striker. 

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

ince also did well with martin in the games they played together...ince plays well with both but i think having baird in the team is a greater influence on inces game than bent.

and our midfield have less goals with bent as the linchpin than martin...bent still gets his goals,no doubt but the midfield dont....so thats less goals for derby in total...thats clearly been the case this year

I agree with the Baird comment. But our midfield scoring less is nothing to do with bent. It's down to themselves. 

I'm bored of the Martin lovers now... still complaining even when our striker is doing great. 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I agree with the Baird comment. But our midfield scoring less is nothing to do with bent. It's down to themselves. 

I'm bored of the Martin lovers now... still complaining even when our striker is doing great. 

who is complaining...we all welcome bents input and goals

but martin does it better which is why he has a new contract and was always first choice....and will be again.

now stop complaining and be grateful we will have both plus nugent next year.

Archived