has bents scoring record recently surprised anyone

kyle mccabe

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

who is complaining...we all welcome bents input and goals

but martin does it better which is why he has a new contract and was always first choice....and will be again.

now stop complaining.

Not you but others have wrote they want to see more from bent other then goals.

i complain about their complaints which, leads to them complaining about my complaints...  viscous circle! :lol:

oh and Martin is not a better goal scorer than bent. Even at 33.  Martin will have a good career but it's no way near the career bent has had! 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Simsy said:

Not you but others have wrote they want to see more from bent other then goals.

i complain about their complaints which, leads to them complaining about my complaints...  viscous circle! :lol:

oh and Martin is not a better goal scorer than bent. Even at 33.  Martin will have a good career but it's no way near the career bent has had! 

not begrudging bents career,its been good and hes a strong asset to us

in my opinion though,martins a better all round striker for derby as we need good hold up play and distribution to make our 433 work properly.

there is room for both of them to my mind...martin as our main centre striker but with bent as our guaranteed grab a goal scorer super sub when it hasnt worked out.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So should bent get another contract with Rams?

Nope, appreciate him giving it his all but at 33 and with Martin back next season with nugent, vydra etc he needs to look at his last big pay packet elsewhere i.e. MLS or China 

on vydra, how must he feel now not getting a look in with Bent or nugent ahead of him, that £8million is looking very expensive 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

why not if he stays fit enough?...perhaps a shorter one in view of his age though.

if he keeps scoring and wants to continue then we probably should...

Yes I wouldn't expect any more than a 1 year contract , but his current one expires at end of season so shouldn't e be renewing it by now? 

Next season we will have martin back, just signed nugent too but bent is a different player to both. Of course we have vydra weimann and Blackman too but none of them are scoring goals. 

But it I would like to see bent again next season. Mac seems to get the best out of him. Ditto ince. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So should bent get another contract with Rams?

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

why not if he stays fit enough?...perhaps a shorter one in view of his age though...1yr?

if he keeps scoring and wants to continue then we probably should...

Benty got further year option to take it up. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I wouldn't expect any more than a 1 year contract , but his current one expires at end of season so shouldn't e be renewing it by now? 

Next season we will have martin back, just signed nugent too but bent is a different player to both. Of course we have vydra weimann and Blackman too but none of them are scoring goals. 

But it I would like to see bent again next season. Mac seems to get the best out of him. Ditto ince. 

Well he keeps doing the business

I'm sure I read on here somewhere,probably speculation,that he might call it a day himself soon and concentrate on his academy.

That would solve that one and explain why Nugent appeared?

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well he keeps doing the business

I'm sure I read on here somewhere,probably speculation,that he might call it a day himself soon and concentrate on his academy.

That would solve that one and explain why Nugent appeared?

Please don't listen to mclovin re Bent retiring etc.. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Personally I don't expect a new contract for Bent due to Martin returning and the signing of nugent to accompany all the others, I assume Bent is on a very decent wage and we may need that kind of freedom to strengthen in different areas 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wasn't there a bit in the Guardian interview with Bent that mentioned another year here?

He said something in the bbc interview about wanting to play for Derby in the prem. No mention of his contract expiring. 

Bent has only just turned 33, has another 2/3 seasons in him yet. Pretty sure even if he left Derby in the summer another Championship club would snap him up. 

Never seen/heard any of these "rumours" of him retiring that McLovin has other from him. Calculator 2+2=5 error after he announced this academy.

I personally don't see how you can keep 3 experienced strikers happy with one position up for grabs, ideally you would want a younger player looking to step up as that 3rd choice. With Martin signing a new contract and Nugent recently joining you would look at Bent being the odd one out.

Can also include Vydra and Blackman in this. Few exits this summer I sense.

19 minutes ago, David said:

I personally don't see how you can keep 3 experienced strikers happy with one position up for grabs...

Why not, there's only one transfer window now to re-assess the summer signings, so with a Plan B too 3 sounds a minimum to me.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why not, there's only one transfer window now to re-assess the summer signings, so with a Plan B too 3 sounds a minimum to me.

And to be fair,I think that bent and Nugent are well aware of the upcoming pecking order come next season....Although which one of them will be number 2 will be interesting.

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In the system we play he does need to do more. The ball doesn't really stick at times which puts us under a little more pressure defensively. Compare him to Martin who holds it up, wins frees kicks and brings others into play and creates goals. Bent is doing well this season but we need more from our striker. 

Martin and Bent are two different types of striker,  Bent will never play a Martin role.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because they will want to play, what you end up with is frustrated players which can lead to a unhappy dressing room. Not even possible to bring them in for cup games without a backlash.

Bent has been open with his frustration when not playing....

Villa 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324533/Darren-Bent-It-hurts-time-Paul-Lambert-does-pick-Aston-Villa.html

Fulham 2014

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9243276/premier-league-darren-bent-frustrated-at-lack-of-game-time-at-fulham

Derby 2015

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-darren-bent-having-play-game/story-27869465-detail/story.html

This isn't a bad thing, you want players to want to play but we all know Martin will be number 1 next season, you then have a battle with Nugent if Martin is injured or out of form. McClaren doesn't drop players easily, remember how long it took Thorne to get a chance.

Just feel that one experienced back up for the bench is ideal if we're playing with 1 up top and a young player doing the job at U23 level chomping at the bit and ready to step up if needed. I'm sure Mel didn't pump money in the academy just to loan them out to other clubs before eventually releasing them.

Archived