has bents scoring record recently surprised anyone

kyle mccabe

23 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Yes.

I thought he was finished after he was shut out at Villa and failed to make an impact when sent on loan. To Brighton for example.

Why would Villa be happy to pay him huge amounts a money but never play him ? Why would no other clubs come in for him? You would have thought that proven goalscorers would be like gold dust , to Premier teams in difficulty for example. A bit like a Jermaine Defoe.

So yes, I have been very pleasantly surprised. 

He has been exceptional - he does what it says on the tin. And has improved once he has had a run in the team . 

You can't ask more than that. 

The rumour was that Bent needed some more Villa appearances to trigger a further payment to Fulham.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

And there was me thinking we had Bent Vydra and Nugen that season!! ???

Ah I meant 2006/7... Blimey is it really ten years ago?

12 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The rumour was that Bent needed some more Villa appearances to trigger a further payment to Fulham.

That would be harsh having to pay a team that you had loaned your striker to after he had returned. Hope we don't have to do that with Martin :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

That would be harsh having to pay a team that you had loaned your striker to after he had returned. Hope we don't have to do that with Martin :ph34r:

Aren't we already paying Martin an extra £14000 or so  a week to play at Fulham?

On 12 February 2017 at 14:33, ollycutts1982 said:

I'm impressed with his aerial ability. Really seems to have improved this season. 

He looked horizontal with that first one on Saturday and about 3 feet of the ground. Great goal. 

Not surprised at all. If you are, you have to remember he's never had a proper run in the team since signing permanently. He's finally had the chance to show what he's capable of.

And we should all be mindful of this when we slag off squad members who have hardly had a sniff. 

30 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not surprised at all. If you are, you have to remember he's never had a proper run in the team since signing permanently. He's finally had the chance to show what he's capable of.

And we should all be mindful of this when we slag off squad members who have hardly had a sniff. 

To be fair,bent has never really needed a run of games to score,he has consistently knocked them in whenever he has been given an opportunity either as a sub or as a starter....He just knows how to poach and to score.

Some of our squad members don't score whatever the opportunity,whether as a starter or otherwise.

Not sure what the stat's are but when Bent scores so does Ince!

He's always scored goals throughout his career...crazy to think that not so long ago Paul Lambert would even include him in his Villa squad and Bent was watching games sat in the stands...

He's just one of these natural goal poacher's, although he does run offside too often which can be frustrating..

Archived