Butterfield

ZagrebRam

9 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You're the genius who thought getting rid of Martin would be a good thing. 

Still think it was myself 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We've done better haven't we? That don't excuse another player who can't be arsed. 

Do you genuinely think we've been better without Martin?

Butterfield's work rate isn't the thing that annoys me, it's his seeming lack of positional awareness and his tendancy to hold onto the ball for too long.

21 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Butterfield has made 25 starts out of the 29 league games played. I'd love to know what do you call a run in the team.

Yes but how many has he played in the past month? Silly decision against Norwich (was a harsh red) and not been in the team until Tuesday night, when we could have had anyone in the middle that night after our first half. Second half he came alive attacking wise and could have got one, brushing the rust off his radar by hitting the post.

Mac has needed time to turn our defensively solid but stagnant side into a force that can score goals and be a threat going forward against any side. I'm not sure anyone would argue we are still working on that. Butterfield hasn't been at the races with his attacking play. But then neither has the majority of side.

So to draw a conclusion to this long winded response, yes Butters has played in a lot of games, but not many in a Mac side that is slowly finding its attacking feet. We've looked second best in our past few defeats, and Jacob has been suspended for those...

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not Butterfield. The point is he's not good enough for where we want to go. He's ponderous on the ball and goes missing too.

You could say that about most of our squad, there all either untried,or have been unsuccessful in the premier league.

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He's not very good but he's not particularly bad either, just incredibly average. Doesn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary.

At the minute every single one of our midfielders is offering more.

At the minute, every single one of our midfielders are injured.

4 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I don't see what good it does the club if we supporters pick on individual players. Will it make them feel and play better, I think not. Surely praise and encouragement is what's needed only then will we achieve what we all want which is success.

You think he's reading this thread then?

Jacob Butterfield is one damn fine player.

We have Johnson who has never struggled to score goals before playing for Derby, who won player of the year when Norwich won promotion, who looks nothing like that player.

We also have Butterfield who was class for Huddersfield, their fans were saying he was one of the best to ever play for the club. When we played them earlier in the season Hudds fans were asking what we had done with him...he almost looks like he is playing with depression.

So who is at fault, these players or our tactics? 

Maybe it's time to stop relying on the DM position and play more positively.

I'm aware all football clubs suffer from it, but we have so many fickle fans. We just cannot lose a game without scapegoating somebody. Last season Butterfield and Johnson suffered from it, the season before it was Keogh. Sure, occasionally these players did play poorly, but to say that you can't stand him and question his attitude is wrong. Butterfield is a professional, why would he not try to win? That would only harm his own career. He is just off form and low on confidence. Part of the reason he is probably low of confidence is probably down to the fact that some of our obnoxious fans frequently berate him. Support the team. This thread from the OP is pathetic.

Don't think he was particularly bad today. He looked a lot better when Johnson went off and could play one 2s with De Sart. Controversial opinion but I think Bradley Johnson is holding the likes of Butterfield back because Butterfield is having to drop really deep to get the ball off Johnson which is effecting the rest of the forward play because there is no link player. I'd like to see De Sart, Hughes and Butterfield given a run out. We will see the best of Butterfield if we played this because he would be able to focus on attacking rather than being creative from deep because De Sart can actually pass the ball unlike Johnson.

I feel sorry for Butterfield. He's not a bad player in the right team, but his problem here is that we had midfield players who were far better than him.

Craig Bryson

Jeff Hendrick

Will Hughes 

George Thorne

You're on a hiding to nothing coming to a club who had these players on the books. You'd watch these lads in training and realise you've no chance of playing if these are all fit.

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

I do think the toe story which hit the press is playing on his mind abit. He doesn't tweet much since it hit the headlines and he rarely gets interviewed nowadays, he has such a nice accent too.

No conspiracy theories, but you never toe.

He doesn't tweet much eh? I am now liking the man...........a lot.

Archived