Butterfield

ZagrebRam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Simsy said:

To echo most.. he has been dreadful ever since his missus toe got bitten. Where's the butters that looked decent last year?  

Hope we have the receipt from hudds

He's too slow of thought and speed on the ball. Plus his shooting boots have gone too.

Don't think he's good enough next season if we want to go up.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

It wasn't his type of game, he needs space and time on the ball to make an impact. Don't make him into a scapegoat Derby, it was only a few months ago Johnson and Baird were the worst players to play in a Derby shirt. 

They were, they had some time out of the team and look at them now... Butterfield needs to be dropped.

I still think it was a mistake not buying another midfielder in the window because when we lose Hughes, we look a far weaker side

14 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He's on a poor run of form, doesn't make him a bad player. Last season he was arguably our best midfielder, you don't just lose that overnight. 

No he wasn't. Didn't say he was a bad player, just slow to think and play and hence not good enough for us.

Before we look at Butterfield I suggest we take a long hard look at our horrific left winger who once again contributed **** all, our holding midfielder who looked incrusted in concrete once again and striker who touched the ball about 4 ******* times. Butterfield an easy target. 

Butterfield is a decent midfielder in an average championship team, we want to be better than that and we need better but the reality is that most of his selections on the team sheet have been because other players perceived to be better are injured far to often.

19 minutes ago, Milbs said:

Before we look at Butterfield I suggest we take a long hard look at our horrific left winger who once again contributed **** all, our holding midfielder who looked incrusted in concrete once again and striker who touched the ball about 4 ******* times. Butterfield an easy target. 

He didn't do owt after our 'horrific left winger' went off either.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

You're 100% mistaking intelligence for 'playing the safe pass every single time'. I do think there's a good player in there, but he's got no cutting edge to him at all.

Chris Baird has played more killer balls than him this season.

I agree with this. Like Johnson, they both get through some work but this season are offering up little else. Like Leicester Ram says, no cutting edge to either. Not particularly influential or productive.

I'm not going to criticise them though as clearly they are both very talented players at this level but this season they haven't, for whatever reason, played to anywhere near their capabilities which is disappointing for both us lot and them i'm sure. Oh and Mac too. :)

Hopefully it's just a confidence issue and eventually they will find some improvement from somewhere.

Archived