Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not sure what the financial position is at sunderland.

they don't seem keen to spend but they have parachute money....

Duncan watmore?

Watched Fridays match with a Mackem mate, lots of convo about this.

Sunderland fans perspective - their owner, Ellis Short, is actively trying to sell while not actually doing anything to sell. So he has pocketed the £30mill from Pickford sale and is waiting to see what else they can get in transfer fees for their Prem players. The fans are obviously (and rightly?) furious about this.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather the club are interested or not but Fernando Forestieri is a distinct transfer possibility as there is a big fallout over where or where not he is to play at sheff Wednesday and it seems they may well want to get rid and I suspect for a lot less than we offered last time

he wants to play up front but doesn't like playing wide if he has to do any tracking back, now he does have the talent but would he fit in? But as a gamble he should be thought of as a known quantity unlike some we are being expensively quoted for.

in a 4 2 3 1 formation he may well fit in 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Vydra has shown in every game he's played in a 4231 behind the central striker he's effective. Don't think forestieri would be any better there

Me neither, Could be good for the LW position though. But then again, his attitude is awful. 

Just seen on a website saying we should go for a lad from Scunthorpe called Josh Morris anybody know anything about him? I have never heard of him but apparently last season he scored 19 and assisted 17 last season I would be happy to gamble on him if this is true!

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Unfortunately what we NEED is one of the best two wingers in the championship...

Let's be a tad optimistic- when Bale signs for Man U we get martial on loan, a tad unrealistic but it's a strange world

55 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Let's be a tad optimistic- when Bale signs for Man U we get martial on loan, a tad unrealistic but it's a strange world

Now let's be realistic we could easily get Morris and maddison for around £1m each, both players have great records over the past 2 seasons and would relish the step up and would have a point to prove. These should be exactly the type of players we are looking at. Clough made up our best team for the last ten years by taking such players from lower leagues, whilst spending vast amount on so called premier league/ championship stars clearly has not worked.

7 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Just seen on a website saying we should go for a lad from Scunthorpe called Josh Morris anybody know anything about him? I have never heard of him but apparently last season he scored 19 and assisted 17 last season I would be happy to gamble on him if this is true!

#scunnymessi

At moment all of our presumed first choices appear to be  too costly or not available.

So maybe its time to look at the lower league gems.

The risk against reward ratio is higher.

We could also find ourselves with good players at reasonable prices whose value would only increase.

17 hours ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Now let's be realistic we could easily get Morris and maddison for around £1m each, both players have great records over the past 2 seasons and would relish the step up and would have a point to prove. These should be exactly the type of players we are looking at. Clough made up our best team for the last ten years by taking such players from lower leagues, whilst spending vast amount on so called premier league/ championship stars clearly has not worked.

Nigel didn't finish any higher than 10th - In the last 4 seasons we've gone 3rd, 8th, 6th, 9th - Not sure how you make Clough's team our best in 10 years

Picking up talent from the lower leagues is fine if you want to aim for 10th - If you want to aim for 1st you need genuine, proven quality at this level or above - Which we currently have - We don't need someone to come in and be our 4th choice winger - We need someone who will come in and be the best winger in the whole league, never mind just our squad

I presume he has already been mentioned but id try and get Patrick Roberts on loan , i know the SPL is seen as not as good as English football by some but the lad looks to have real talent.I would be very surprised to see him anywhere near the Man City bench so might be worth a punt.

A hint towards an out - Nick Blackman out on loan: 

Rowett made eight changes to his side for Tuesday night's Carabao Cup first round tie at Grimsby Town but there was still no place in the 18 for Blackman.

Explaining the player's absence after the match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch, Rowett said: "He's fit. There's some strange ruling, where if Nick had played for an hour tonight (Tuesday), then it means he can only play for one more club during the season.

"I just felt there was no real benefit to him to do that."

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rowett made eight changes to his side for Tuesday night's Carabao Cup first round tie at Grimsby Town but there was still no place in the 18 for Blackman.

Explaining the player's absence after the match was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch, Rowett said: "He's fit. There's some strange ruling, where if Nick had played for an hour tonight (Tuesday), then it means he can only play for one more club during the season.

Redknapp is a fan of Blackman, says they are short on numbers so maybe a loan to Birmingham either part of a deal for Adams or just on its own

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rather be a permanent move rather than a loan tbh.

Archived