Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that they might sub him off after 2 mins? The fulham fans would love that.

Embarrass him for a couple of minutes, let the fans show him what they think, cup tie him - then send him back to derby before they have to pay any more money.

That would certainly save a bit of face and get the fans a little more back on side.

Yay! I was in a strange situation of reading this thread and as I got to the next page another appeared on the end. I thought I'd be here a long time trying to read all the comments. It seemed to be getting repetitive till the Fulham team news. Now we wait till the kick off. 

52 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Just popped on this thread to see if anything has happened. Realised it hasn't apart from the same old posters talking the same old tosh, repeating the same old arguments that they have for the past few months.

Close this thread. I look at it each day hoping that something has happened one way or another but it's the same old thing of posters going round in circles.

16 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

You carry on. I'll get back to the real world

Dude, I think without realising it... you've become one of those 'same old posters'... 

56 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

Fulham fan in peace.

Martin, Derby and McClaren have done a number on us. Fair play. Football is ruthless and once again our own incompetent board have proven to be suckers.

The only sticking point is that we paid £3 million for a full season. Martin wants to go back now, if I am on the Fulham board I withhold any more payments to Derby. 

On Martin, decent player. First few games was overweight and disinterested. Then he started scoring. Then January came and Derby wanted him back. So then Martin feigns injury trying to force a move back to Derby. Then he misses penalties. Says enough about his character and professionalism. But this is football who has time for character or professionalism?

I don't know why you are criticising Jokanovic. He was acting in the best interest of his team and Fulham. He was hardly going to willingly bend over. I think McClaren has lacked class but football is a classless game.

Anyway your board has done well. Our board replaced McCormack with a £3 million pound loan signing who now wants to **** off after 6 months.

Well played and good luck

Always nice to hear the views of others, we know what Martin is like but he works in maclaren system and the team work around him and if we could get better we would but we can't so we own him and want to use him if not this season then next.

in terms of the season long loan deal I am sure we have tried to be more than accommodating although word has it around these parts that we are still due some payment if you wish to keep him on your books.

fulham have had four weeks notice that he didn't want to be there, why don't they get cover in who wants to be there?

i don't believe Martin has missed penalties on purpose they looked like saves to me but his record on them is patchy at best with us and besides every other player who has taken them for you this season must want to leave as well looking at the conversion rate?

do you think your managers comments have helped at all? They seemed inflammatory to me? And mor to do with internal politics?

personally I would like loans stopping within the same league as I believe results can be influenced to affect teams points haul in both a positive and negative way causing an imbalance.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus Christ are Fulham total idiots. Never have I seen such a foolish display of arrogance, playing a player who quite clearly doesn't want to be there

But he will continue to score for them, and who else have the Fulham owners allowed Jokanovich to sign?

Just reading the Fulham forum and they're saying we have previous with them in the 80's? Apparently derailed their promotion to the top flight or something? Can any of you older kids tell us the story there?

"History repeats in that Derby were involved in the immediate or "proximate" cause of our failure to win promotion under Malcolm Macdonald in the early 80s.  But it would not have come down to that last match of the season had we not lost our winning ways weeks earlier, which in turn related to squad thinness and lack of recruitment. That was the underlying cause of our failure to make it.

So here, anger in the immediate term with the same club and its player.  They are the proximate causes to name and blame.  The longer-term reasons for our vulnerablity lie closer to home."

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Just reading the Fulham forum and they're saying we have previous with them in the 80's? Apparently derailed their promotion to the top flight or something? Can any of you older kids tell us the story there?

"History repeats in that Derby were involved in the immediate or "proximate" cause of our failure to win promotion under Malcolm Macdonald in the early 80s.  But it would not have come down to that last match of the season had we not lost our winning ways weeks earlier, which in turn related to squad thinness and lack of recruitment. That was the underlying cause of our failure to make it.

So here, anger in the immediate term with the same club and its player.  They are the proximate causes to name and blame.  The longer-term reasons for our vulnerablity lie closer to home."

There is some footage of this on youtube. Crazy scenes.

Archived