Rams coaches for home games

Cook1988

Not sure if they is a topic else where but is they are bus for home games at the Crown and arrows pub in allenton/Sheldon lock. I'm sure I've seen one. I normally drive to my dad's In Chad but by the time I get home it's half 5 6 ish 

Any help or was i dreaming lol 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Not sure if they is a topic else where but is they are bus for home games at the Crown and arrows pub in allenton/Sheldon lock. I'm sure I've seen one. I normally drive to my dad's In Chad but by the time I get home it's half 5 6 ish 

Not much use Really .

But there used to be buses from pubs around the BBG years ago but most of those pubs are gone NOW 

51 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

You'd be quicker going on a bike!

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well if you at your dads before the game notts derby do one that stop by steam billys or they do your on but you have to book to get on it.

But notts derby do one that at bus stop at 2:10 and £3.30 for both ways.

I hope this helps

Its possibly less helpful than mine and @Alan Ramage 4 EVA's posts B4 but at least yours was meant to be useful.:D

1 hour ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Sorry, its no help whatsoever, just making an observation, but you are about 2 miles away from Pride Park and don't get home until between 5.30 and 6.00.

I am 21 miles away and usually enjoying a pint by 5.40 in the Black Swan, Utch. Admittedly our minibus driver is a headcase who doesn't believe in wearing his brakes out, but it still seems strange that we can get back to Utch quicker than you can to Allenton!

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Sorry, its no help whatsoever, just making an observation, but you are about 2 miles away from Pride Park and don't get home until between 5.30 and 6.00.

I am 21 miles away and usually enjoying a pint by 5.40 in the Black Swan, Utch. Admittedly our minibus driver is a headcase who doesn't believe in wearing his brakes out, but it still seems strange that we can get back to Utch quicker than you can to Allenton!

The key is getting off PP and the Ascot drive island is effing crap, it needs to have traffic control to stop inconsiderate prats from blocking it when their exit is blocked, it's the biggest cause of delays back to the grd. If I can get over the island by 5 I can be home in Etwall by 5:20, if I'm 5 mins late it can be 6 o'clock sometimes.

Just now, Rich84 said:

The key is getting off PP and the Ascot drive island is effing crap, it needs to have traffic control to stop inconsiderate prats from blocking it when their exit is blocked, it's the biggest cause of delays back to the grd. If I can get over the island by 5 I can be home in Etwall by 5:20, if I'm 5 mins late it can be 6 o'clock sometimes.

Haha, i know some from Etwall who have a pint in Seven bar and let the traffic ease before braving the journey back!¬:D

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Haha, i know some from Etwall who have a pint in Seven bar and let the traffic ease before braving the journey back!¬:D

Problem for me is the daughter puts up with the 3hrs in pub before the game and wouldn't be too happy about another hr after.... At least we can listen to Ramage in car whilst stuck!

Keep telling her though that when she's 17 she's driving so I can hav a proper drink, only another 60 odd games to go

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Same here. I'm normally back in Tamworth not much after 6 (no, I don't leave early) and that includes walking back to the cattle market car park.

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

At least we all know where them people who get up and leave 10 minutes early are going now.

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

At least we all know where them people who get up and leave 10 minutes early are going now.

Never leave the ground before final whistle although i do make me way down from the top of the South Stand to the lower tier on 90 minutes. With everyone standing up there it doesn't matter anyway!

If I'm not back in Newark by 6 ordering a Chinese then I'm disappointed.

4 for £11

Chicken curry

Pork balls

Beef chop suey

Pork chow mein

Chips and egg fried rice on top.

Moan at the Mrs through the talent shows (Gary Barlow's eyebrows keeps my attention more than anything), whilst checking the forum for every post if we've won. I then take the dog for a walk, moan at myself for eating too much, again. I've started watching Taboo at 9. It's really good when you can hear what they are saying, then watch MOTD whilst nodding off.....so what I'm saying is, I'm not sure. Hopefully another unhelpful post provides you with the answers you're looking for. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

If I'm not back in Newark by 6 ordering a Chinese then I'm disappointed.

4 for £11

Chicken curry

Pork balls

Beef chop suey

Pork chow mein

Chips and egg fried rice on top.

Moan at the Mrs through the talent shows (Gary Barlow's eyebrows keeps my attention more than anything), whilst checking the forum for every post if we've won. I then take the dog for a walk, moan at myself for eating too much, again. I've started watching Taboo at 9. It's really good when you can hear what they are saying, then watch MOTD whilst nodding off.....so what I'm saying is, I'm not sure. Hopefully another unhelpful post provides you with the answers you're looking for. 

You're obviously not going to the New King Wah at them prices?! That's top value for money.

20 hours ago, Rich84 said:

This is my biggest bugbear! If people just left a gap for people turning right or going straight on! Tits!

16 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You're obviously not going to the New King Wah at them prices?! That's top value for money.

Phu King Cheep

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Same here. I'm normally back in Tamworth not much after 6 (no, I don't leave early) and that includes walking back to the cattle market car park.

We get back to near Stafford about 6 so it's not too bad.

Normally sit in the car with a flask for at least 40 minutes post match listening to radio derby before we can get off the car park.

Never left a,match early,don't see the point of going if you don't watch the whole game and clap the lads off.

Archived