Danny Rowe - Signed for Ipswich

Abu Derby

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

Great. All the old **** Sammon puns are back. 

Yep. We've been through all the fish jokes. I shall now go on my way singing "I like New York in June, halibut you?"

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oldhamrams said:

Don't get too confused as there is two danny rowes.

1 at macclesfield winger

2 at flyde  banging goals for fun

Only just noticed this OTR, thought he had gone from Fylde to Macc. Both look good though. Could the macc lad make that step up ? About time we had summat different.

Only seen a brief amount of the lad and I can't say he stood out particularly although he had a good game in their televised cup game at home to Oxford recently.

He's been around the North West non league circuit for a while now without attracting serious interest from lower league clubs particularly.

I also am aware that he's not a striker but looking at his goals for record this season they've all come against struggling sides perhaps with the exception of Gateshead.

Playing well against the likes of Bromley, Boredom Wood and North Ferriby is one thing, jumping 3 divisions and being expected to do even better is mostly an insurmountable task.

That's not to say I don't want these lads to be given the opportunity. I cannot say if he would be a success at Derby as players like Jamie Ward have come from nowhere to do exactly that but generally most players who start in non league, like Vardy, usually work their way up the leagues for a bit and then BOOM. They eventually get that big opportunity.

Ordinarily I would urge a club such as Derby with their resources to do right by Macc and pay a bit more for the boy but on this occasion I think the huge risk around Rowe being a flop with little evidence to go on outweighs that so I think 100k is fine.

If he turns out to be the business then I'd like Derby to make a further token payment to Macc at a later date. When you've got bang ordinary players like Livermore at Hull going for 10 million I've just read about. A hundred grand for a player with potential, in the words of the great band Royal Blood. It's loose change.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Only seen a brief amount of the lad and I can't say he stood out particularly although he had a good game in their televised cup game at home to Oxford recently.

He's been around the North West non league circuit for a while now without attracting serious interest from lower league clubs particularly.

I also am aware that he's not a striker but looking at his goals for record this season they've all come against struggling sides perhaps with the exception of Gateshead.

Playing well against the likes of Bromley, Boredom Wood and North Ferriby is one thing, jumping 3 divisions and being expected to do even better is mostly an insurmountable task.

That's not to say I don't want these lads to be given the opportunity. I cannot say if he would be a success at Derby as players like Jamie Ward have come from nowhere to do exactly that but generally most players who start in non league, like Vardy, usually work their way up the leagues for a bit and then BOOM. They eventually get that big opportunity.

Ordinarily I would urge a club such as Derby with their resources to do right by Macc and pay a bit more for the boy but on this occasion I think the huge risk around Rowe being a flop with little evidence to go on outweighs that so I think 100k is fine.

If he turns out to be the business then I'd like Derby to make a further token payment to Macc at a later date. When you've got bang ordinary players like Livermore at Hull going for 10 million I've just read about. A hundred grand for a player with potential, in the words of the great band Royal Blood. It's loose change.

Have a like just for that. Really hope they release an album this year.

8 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Looks a bit on the chubby side to me.

He started as a semi-professional basketball player, but had to abandon his career as he was frightened of the nets, Surely the same would apply to football and we have enough goal/net shy strikers as it is.

Archived