A fridge too far

ramsbottom

On 19/04/2017 at 09:55, Animal is a Ram said:

£48k a week. For a championship player. Had to read that a few times just to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong.

However, if he is in Glasgow - his birthplace , as sources 'allege', and the rest of the article is accurate, it reads like he could be battling something heavy. Football players are human too. 

He's battling an infection which has required an operation to remove cysts from his mouth, apparently. How heavy the cysts were, I'm not sure. That and the achilles injury suggests that he's got foot and mouth disease.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
44 minutes ago, eddie said:

He's battling an infection which has required an operation to remove cysts from his mouth, apparently. How heavy the cysts were, I'm not sure. That and the achilles injury suggests that he's got foot and mouth disease.

I suppose thats different from Fawaz who seems to suffer from Foot in the Mouth disease

3 hours ago, eddie said:

A contiguous cull is needed to contain this outbreak. A humane but lethal injection of horse tranquiliser to the back of ken burns' neck should do it :lol:

This is our final game opposition and there's every possibility they'll need to win on the day to avoid the fall into League One.   Personally I got no real animosity with Nottingham Forest but realize it would go down a treat with Derby fans if a relegation were to come their way    Their key game would appear to be QPR, win that and I think they'll save their league status for this year.     Anything less, then victory could be imperative in the last fixture.

Point being we've turned something of a corner in recent times and actually played well with it, feel right now we could go to Forest and take victory, although of course we ourselves have nothing to realistically play for other than highest league finish.   

Can get away with it as a neutral fan but it would be strange to see Forest in the third league of English soccer, guess I view them as something of an established club side with those European Cup wins and other honors in the subsequent years.    Won't shed any tears if it came down to us putting them into League One when the time arrives but at the same time, it would be a touch poignant to see a club of such past stature drop into the third tier of the Football league.

48 minutes ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

This is our final game opposition and there's every possibility they'll need to win on the day to avoid the fall into League One.   Personally I got no real animosity with Nottingham Forest but realize it would go down a treat with Derby fans if a relegation were to come their way    Their key game would appear to be QPR, win that and I think they'll save their league status for this year.     Anything less, then victory could be imperative in the last fixture.

Point being we've turned something of a corner in recent times and actually played well with it, feel right now we could go to Forest and take victory, although of course we ourselves have nothing to realistically play for other than highest league finish.   

Can get away with it as a neutral fan but it would be strange to see Forest in the third league of English soccer, guess I view them as something of an established club side with those European Cup wins and other honors in the subsequent years.    Won't shed any tears if it came down to us putting them into League One when the time arrives but at the same time, it would be a touch poignant to see a club of such past stature drop into the third tier of the Football league.

If they did happen to go down it wouldn't be their first time in League One. They spent three seasons down there after relegation in 2004/05.

3 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

If they did happen to go down it wouldn't be their first time in League One. They spent three seasons down there after relegation in 2004/05.

They've actually spent more time in league one than in the premier league this Millenium. So they're actually an established league one side more than anything. Finding their level. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

They've actually spent more time in league one than in the premier league this Millenium. So they're actually an established league one side more than anything. Finding their level. 

Relegation battle in Championship? Ouch.

I've heard they are the best in Europe quite often lately, so I kind of imagined that's their level nowadays.

9 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

They won the European Cup?

Why did nobody mention that?

They'll be alright, QPR, who are toilet, next, then Ipswich who lost at Rotherham today so they should expect at least four points from those two games. 

Leeds missing out on the play offs would bring me a modicum of compensation for Forest's upturn in fortune.

They do seem safe now...But we all said that after they beat Huddersfield. They seem to have an easier run-in but their best results seem to be against good teams recently so it might count against them that their last two games are against such abject opposition :lol:

I mean they've done themselves a huge favour today but 3 points is the gap and 3 points is just one game.

Strange how they have pretty well beaten every top 6 side at least once, and pretty well lost to just about every team at the bottom at least once.

Archived