A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

I hope Notts Forest stay up. I love playing the Gumps, there's no better feeling in football than that moment when we hit the back of their net, the season is less fun without them, pull through red dogs.

There would always be the cough trophy match. Always enjoyed that one cos the gulf in class meant that the pressure was always off, it's just a question of how many times we'll hit the back of their net. Bit like Burton a year or two a go. I wouldn't mind a world now where Burton are our peers and rivals, and Forest are the little club from down the road that we throw a bone every now and then. 

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, David said:

Another cryptic post from Fawaz? I dont think it means hes sold, i think he thinks they are safe now.

Edit: Seems it is a done deal according to LTLF.

32 minutes ago, David said:

@David  ..  is the said tweet   true  ,   as not a twitter user myself   ( despite having account   )        just wondered  what

credence  the tweet carried     .    how sad on a sunday morning that i should be interested in the gumps :angry:

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Good result under real pressure.

They surprised us all. Can't get anything from Burton, Blackburn or Wolves, yet capable of putting 2 or 3 past Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading.. Mad

Hope we have enough to get the win against QPR next weekend, they're in shocking form too and clearly on their holidays. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

They surprised us all. Can't get anything from Burton, Blackburn or Wolves, yet capable of putting 2 or 3 past Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading.. Mad

Hope we have enough to get the win against QPR next weekend, they're in shocking form too and clearly on their holidays. 

Cant get a result against crap teams.

QPR are a crap team...

Maybe, just maybe...

1 hour ago, mrdave85 said:

However poor Forest might end up being in the last few games, Blackburn won't do any better than them IMO. Think they're nailed on for relegation. 

Brimingham and ourselves no out of it yet! Not sure I see Blackburn winning one of their final two though like you say

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Brimingham and ourselves no out of it yet! Not sure I see Blackburn winning one of their final two though like you say

i think you will stay up     by the virtue of  Blackburn  , Brum    not getting enough point,s   to catch you   due to  the fixtures you and the said 2 other teams have  

Blackburn have turned it round recently but it appears to be too late, plus, their only win was a spongy 1-0 against .. us. 

Potentially famous last words, but I can't see them doing enough to get past us. We just need to go and beat QPR and not worry about the other results around us.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Blackburn have turned it round recently but it appears to be too late, plus, their only win was a spongy 1-0 against .. us. 

Potentially famous last words, but I can't see them doing enough to get past us. We just need to go and beat QPR and not worry about the other results around us.

think you will be ok, your weird record against the top teams seems to be what will keep you in the division.

This season would be salvaged if the Gumps were to be relegated and it would be even funnier if it happened with them not ever having been in the drop zone all season, until they concede a key goal in the last minute of the last match that drops them through the trapdoor.

For me they've picked up an enormous number of lucky points through the campaign. I hope their luck will finally run out, but it's hard to see it now. But what a fitting end to Fridgey's reign it would be.

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This season would be salvaged if the Gumps were to be relegated and it would be even funnier if it happened with them not ever having been in the drop zone all season, until they concede a key goal in the last minute of the last match that drops them through the trapdoor.

For me they've picked up an enormous number of lucky points through the campaign. I hope their luck will finally run out, but it's hard to see it now. But what a fitting end to Fridgey's reign it would be.

Nah.

For me we've blown alot of key points this season. We've not been great, but we should be higher than 3 points off the bottom. 

Archived