A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work of you can get it.

Heres what I would do, cap a players basic wage for the league they are in. 10k Premier League, 5k Championship, 2.5k League 1, 1k League 2.

Allow clubs to pay what they like in win and appearance bonuses. (I would heavily pay out on wins with a smaller appearance fee top up)

No more taking 3 weeks off in the Championship as you don't feel like training whilst collecting almost 50k pw.

No sympathy for Forest in this situation though, the guy was a waste of time no showing at Villa, this was Fawaz's desperate attempt for a marquee signing to please the fans, should have learnt his lesson after Bendtner 

Forest have declined to comment or clarify the reasons behind his absence, but it is believed the issues are both personal and health related and serious enough for him to have been away from the club for nearly a month. Sources allege he was recently back in Glasgow, nearly 300 miles away from Forest’s City Ground.

Forest are paying a huge chunk of his £48,000-a-week wages, after agreeing to sign him on loan on deadline day, but he has not featured in Mark Warburton’s match-day squad since the 2-2 draw with Derby County on March 18.

£48k a week. For a championship player. Had to read that a few times just to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong.

However, if he is in Glasgow - his birthplace , as sources 'allege', and the rest of the article is accurate, it reads like he could be battling something heavy. Football players are human too. 

Was told early in his career by someone in the game (player at one of his former clubs), that he "likes a pint"

He is obviously battling some mental challenges at the moment.

Because its forest however I find it brilliant that he is ******* them over

29 minutes ago, KBB said:

Was told early in his career by someone in the game (player at one of his former clubs), that he "likes a pint"

He is obviously battling some mental challenges at the moment.

Because its forest however I find it brilliant that he is ******* them over

I like a pint, and I live in Nottingham, which is 300 miles from Glasgow, creepy

10 hours ago, David said:

Nice work of you can get it.

Heres what I would do, cap a players basic wage for the league they are in. 10k Premier League, 5k Championship, 2.5k League 1, 1k League 2.

Allow clubs to pay what they like in win and appearance bonuses. (I would heavily pay out on wins with a smaller appearance fee top up)

No more taking 3 weeks off in the Championship as you don't feel like training whilst collecting almost 50k pw.

No sympathy for Forest in this situation though, the guy was a waste of time no showing at Villa, this was Fawaz's desperate attempt for a marquee signing to please the fans, should have learnt his lesson after Bendtner 

Tbf he's so overweight he fits that description quite well. 

i have no sympathy for the Gumps  in any way shape or form   ...   would love them to  be relegated    and   do a coventry , portsmouth , blackpool   etc  ...   even though portsmouth  have just been promoted  ...       Gumps deserve  all they get      oh they rubbed our noses in it   during the 80s   ...as the great Brain Clough once said "  IF YOUR IN THE GAME  LONG ENOUGH      WHATS  AROUND  WILL COME AROUND    "      

1 hour ago, neil62uk said:

i have no sympathy for the Gumps  in any way shape or form   ...   would love them to  be relegated    and   do a coventry , portsmouth , blackpool   etc  ...   even though portsmouth  have just been promoted  ...       Gumps deserve  all they get      oh they rubbed our noses in it   during the 80s   ...as the great Brain Clough once said "  IF YOUR IN THE GAME  LONG ENOUGH      WHATS  AROUND  WILL COME AROUND    "      

God rest Brain Clough

43 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

God rest Brain Clough

oh so true  the legend , the best there  will ever be ,    would have loved to have seen him   drive the likes of  mourinho  ,   guardiola   mad,  with his excellence of mind games ,   charm  , charisma , intellect   ...neither would have stood a chance against the great man  :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can you operate electronic gates efficiently and be happy to contribute to notts Forest attempting to get to league 1?

If so, a Brucey contract worth £48k/wk could be yours........!

Do they even have electronic gates in that backwards shire ? , thought they were all secured with bailing twine ?

Archived