A fridge too far

ramsbottom

21 hours ago, eddie said:

The football league wouldn't let Assem Allam change Hull City to Hull Tigers, so they couldn't re-name Forest to Nottingham Red Bulls anyway.

So they'll just have to remain as Nottingham Red Bullshit.

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

yeah i forgot about that.

Although they did approve MK Dons

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not as such. A lot of what you wrote, particularly about money, stands for top flight English football. I do wonder if can ever truly get back to what it was. 

It is depressing when you think about it in depth. 

Apologies Gbororam. I didn't quite interpret the meaning of your post correctly. I think that's why we need to accept football as it is now if we are to continue watching the game because the greed and corporate involvement is only going to get worse.

9 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I totally agree despite being a fan of RB Salzburg but the question is, what can we do about it?

Absolutely nothing.

I noticed last year that a number of the top flight Austrian teams seem to have changed their names. My favourite is RZ Pellets. RZ Pellets is a beautiful city, I think I'm right in saying it was a Prince Bishopric in the HRE. Has this been done in attempt to compete with Red Bull?

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

I noticed last year that a number of the top flight Austrian teams seem to have changed their names. My favourite is RZ Pellets. RZ Pellets is a beautiful city, I think I'm right in saying it was a Prince Bishopric in the HRE. Has this been done in attempt to compete with Red Bull?

Rz pellets sounds like a symptom of a particularly nasty gastric complaint. ...as in

"I would join you for croquet Lady Marchpane were it not for an unfortunate inflammation brought about by a bout of rz pellets." - algy moncrieff,  Lady Derwent's Antimacassar 1926 

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Anon said:

There's been loads of them. SV Josko Fenster Ried. Fenster referring to windows. Superfund Pasching. SV Bauwelt Koch Mattersburg, Bauwelt Koch being a B&Q type place, Cashpoint SCR Altach they just roll of the tongue.

Also in Austrian football there appears to be a competition to see just how much of a teams shirt, shorts and socks can be covered in advertisers logos.

To change topic slightly (or, indeed, to revert back to the original topic :p):

There is a new favourite for the Forest job. A familiar face. A poisoned dwarf.

Yes, that man, 'King' Billy.

(Source: SkyBet)

N.B. No clear favourite to be fair, still fairly long odds. But, still.

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It wont be Billy, even Fawaz eventually figured out what an odious little turd that man is.

Oh, you're no fun any more.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

There's been loads of them. SV Josko Fenster Ried. Fenster referring to windows. Superfund Pasching. SV Bauwelt Koch Mattersburg, Bauwelt Koch being a B&Q type place, Cashpoint SCR Altach they just roll of the tongue.

Also in Austrian football there appears to be a competition to see just how much of a teams shirt, shorts and socks can be covered in advertisers logos.

It's just like naming rights in stadiums though. Once upon a time it seemed sacrilegious to rename a famous old stadium for the sake of sponsorship. We didn't mind so much with Pride park, because there wasn't a great deal of history to it, but I bet we would've been up in arms had it been the baseball ground. But it's just the norm these days and gradually we're all getting used to it. So the next step in Britain probably will be naming rights of teams. 

Slightly back on topic, weren't they going to rename the Shitty Ground at one point to Fawaz-land, or Little Kuwait or something, back when the Kuwaiti government were going to sponsor it for half a billion pounds. It's not just forest that are slow to pay up, it permeates right to Kuwaiti government as I believe they're still waiting for their half billion, and the Shittty ground is still the Shittty ground. 

Archived