Jump to content

Still no plan b


Derbylad92
 Share

Recommended Posts

Every team has worked out us now we went unbeaten in 10 but in a run of games where we were playing the more poor teams in the league does anybody else feel we should try changing something once we have our attacking full backs back fit maybe 

                    Carson

        Keogh  pearce  shacks

Christie                                  lowe

            Johnson  butterfield

                     Hughes 

          Ince            bent/nugent/vydra

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Every team has worked out us now we went unbeaten in 10 but in a run of games where we were playing the more poor teams in the league does anybody else feel we should try changing something once we have our attacking full backs back fit maybe 

                    Carson

        Keogh  pearce  shacks

Christie                                  lowe

            Johnson  butterfield

                     Hughes 

          Ince            bent/nugent/vydra

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Teams just know how to play against us now we aint really played amazing just managed to win games not like the attacking mac football from his first spell it seems like we have to go in at ht 1-0 for mac to get the players to wake up and then second half they come out and work harder and and press higher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Every team has worked out us now we went unbeaten in 10 but in a run of games where we were playing the more poor teams in the league does anybody else feel we should try changing something once we have our attacking full backs back fit maybe 

                    Carson

        Keogh  pearce  shacks

Christie                                  lowe

            Johnson  butterfield

                     Hughes 

          Ince            bent/nugent/vydra

 

3 at back? No thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more poor teams in the league? Go have another look. 

Also, show me a team that changes it's system and style and is in the top 5 in its division. For example I can tell you exactly where the strengths of Brighton are and exactly how they will play. I can tell you the formation that Chelsea will play in their next game and I can tell you Newcastle's key players. 

Tell me, how did having a plan A-Z work under Clement and Pearson

And if Mac was sussed out in 2014 how come his record includes 61 wins in 111 games. Only 25 defeats. 

Is it possible that being on our 5th choice LB, 2nd choice RB, unable to partner Hughes and Butterfield since Wigan has had some impact?

Is it possible we're struggling to play decent possession at times because we have too many players who's strengths do not lean towards our style. 

Your plan b has 3 center defenders. What for? It has 2 injured full backs. It has 2 defensive midfielders. If the problem has been struggling to get the midfield to the forwards then why take one further back? Why does Johnson need help when he's been excellent on his own? You're basically asking for the same midfield 3 as now but Butterfield to stay back and Hughes to stay forward. And you want Ince to play center forward. Ince is always as his worst when stood up by a defender. Playing in the middle has never worked as well for Ince as playing on the wing.

Changing formation hasn't worked for Pearson or Clement because our players fit certain roles best just like any player in the world. In 433 it gets most of them doing what they are good at. They understand their roles.

You play that formation above and I guarantee it would end up looking like 5311. The full backs would do what they do in 433. Hughes would drop deeper to start dictating. 

If you look you will see many things Derby do differently within the same system. 

Sometimes the wingers will tuck in to provide more options in the middle while creating space for full backs. Sometimes they'll hug the touchline to try and give an outlet and the central midfield a give n'go. 

What we currently don't have is a striker to play through regularly. A forward who let's us skip a pass out. Who we can play into and gain ground quicker.

This no plan b stuff is rubbish. All teams lose games. All teams are predictable. You'd need about 30 players of equal quality and two different groups of two different styles to have a proper plan b. Nobody has or ever will have that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The more poor teams in the league? Go have another look. 

Also, show me a team that changes it's system and style and is in the top 5 in its division. For example I can tell you exactly where the strengths of Brighton are and exactly how they will play. I can tell you the formation that Chelsea will play in their next game and I can tell you Newcastle's key players. 

Tell me, how did having a plan A-Z work under Clement and Pearson

And if Mac was sussed out in 2014 how come his record includes 61 wins in 111 games. Only 25 defeats. 

Is it possible that being on our 5th choice LB, 2nd choice RB, unable to partner Hughes and Butterfield since Wigan has had some impact?

Is it possible we're struggling to play decent possession at times because we have too many players who's strengths do not lean towards our style. 

Your plan b has 3 center defenders. What for? It has 2 injured full backs. It has 2 defensive midfielders. If the problem has been struggling to get the midfield to the forwards then why take one further back? Why does Johnson need help when he's been excellent on his own? You're basically asking for the same midfield 3 as now but Butterfield to stay back and Hughes to stay forward. And you want Ince to play center forward. Ince is always as his worst when stood up by a defender. Playing in the middle has never worked as well for Ince as playing on the wing.

Changing formation hasn't worked for Pearson or Clement because our players fit certain roles best just like any player in the world. In 433 it gets most of them doing what they are good at. They understand their roles.

You play that formation above and I guarantee it would end up looking like 5311. The full backs would do what they do in 433. Hughes would drop deeper to start dictating. 

If you look you will see many things Derby do differently within the same system. 

Sometimes the wingers will tuck in to provide more options in the middle while creating space for full backs. Sometimes they'll hug the touchline to try and give an outlet and the central midfield a give n'go. 

What we currently don't have is a striker to play through regularly. A forward who let's us skip a pass out. Who we can play into and gain ground quicker.

This no plan b stuff is rubbish. All teams lose games. All teams are predictable. You'd need about 30 players of equal quality and two different groups of two different styles to have a proper plan b. Nobody has or ever will have that

Seconded...This.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The more poor teams in the league? Go have another look. 

Also, show me a team that changes it's system and style and is in the top 5 in its division. For example I can tell you exactly where the strengths of Brighton are and exactly how they will play. I can tell you the formation that Chelsea will play in their next game and I can tell you Newcastle's key players. 

Tell me, how did having a plan A-Z work under Clement and Pearson

And if Mac was sussed out in 2014 how come his record includes 61 wins in 111 games. Only 25 defeats. 

Is it possible that being on our 5th choice LB, 2nd choice RB, unable to partner Hughes and Butterfield since Wigan has had some impact?

Is it possible we're struggling to play decent possession at times because we have too many players who's strengths do not lean towards our style. 

Your plan b has 3 center defenders. What for? It has 2 injured full backs. It has 2 defensive midfielders. If the problem has been struggling to get the midfield to the forwards then why take one further back? Why does Johnson need help when he's been excellent on his own? You're basically asking for the same midfield 3 as now but Butterfield to stay back and Hughes to stay forward. And you want Ince to play center forward. Ince is always as his worst when stood up by a defender. Playing in the middle has never worked as well for Ince as playing on the wing.

Changing formation hasn't worked for Pearson or Clement because our players fit certain roles best just like any player in the world. In 433 it gets most of them doing what they are good at. They understand their roles.

You play that formation above and I guarantee it would end up looking like 5311. The full backs would do what they do in 433. Hughes would drop deeper to start dictating. 

If you look you will see many things Derby do differently within the same system. 

Sometimes the wingers will tuck in to provide more options in the middle while creating space for full backs. Sometimes they'll hug the touchline to try and give an outlet and the central midfield a give n'go. 

What we currently don't have is a striker to play through regularly. A forward who let's us skip a pass out. Who we can play into and gain ground quicker.

This no plan b stuff is rubbish. All teams lose games. All teams are predictable. You'd need about 30 players of equal quality and two different groups of two different styles to have a proper plan b. Nobody has or ever will have that

Thirdedededed.

Well written response to another stupid topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a great run. It's come to a halt away against two talented sides. The squad's a bit unbalanced and riddled with injuries in specific areas. We're working on it.

Before Cardiff, we looked a relegation side. Now we're hoping to make a play-off challenge.

Let's not get our knickers in a twist about losing away to one of the best sides I've seen in the Championship.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bigbadbob said:
12 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Every team has worked out us now we went unbeaten in 10 but in a run of games where we were playing the more poor teams in the league does anybody else feel we should try changing something once we have our attacking full backs back fit maybe 

                    Carson

        Keogh  pearce  shacks

Christie                                  lowe

            Johnson  butterfield

                     Hughes 

          Ince            bent/nugent/vydra

 

13 players, now that is a good idea if we can get away with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not this again.

Baffles me how come we are the only team in the league that get 'worked out'?

All of these managers can 'work out' how Derby play but not other teams?

Got to hand it to these opposing managers who have worked out that if you defend against us it will make it harder for us to score, they really are earning their money with such tactical nous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't necessarily think that having no Plan B is the issue.  For me we have one fit recognised full back, one of our better defenders permanently on the bench, a number of centre forwards happier playing in a two (or at least not natural lone strikers) and because of injuries and suspensions have an imbalance in central midfield.

When Stevie Mac came in first time he quickly recognised (around halfway through the Ipswich game) an imbalance in the team and altered the formation to suit.  With so many first teamers out, would it not be worth trying a different formation that allows us to get all our best available players on the pitch together.  Perhaps...

                                      Carson

                   Keogh          Pearce         Shackell

                         Baird              Johnson

           Ince                      Hughes                    Russell

                            Nugent          Bent

 

It also allows Vydra and Blackman to be interchangeable with Nugent and Bent. De Sart can come in to one of the two CDM positions where he has the support of an 'old head'.  Before I'm jumped on, I would still favour 4-3-3 with a fully fit squad.

Oh and for those who will complain that a back three is effectively a back five and too defensive go and re-watch Tottenham destroy WBA and Chelsea while playing with a back three.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not this again.

Baffles me how come we are the only team in the league that get 'worked out'?

All of these managers can 'work out' how Derby play but not other teams?

Got to hand it to these opposing managers who have worked out that if you defend against us it will make it harder for us to score, they really are earning their money with such tactical nous. 

Dont even need to defend against us we got 11 players all on different wave lengths the only 3 players deseave to wear the shirts is carson hughes and ince 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ultimately this an almost unanswerable chicken and egg question, akin to 'does changing your manager work'. If you are winning games, have all your players fit, all are on form mentally/ physically, and you don't have to sell players etc ...then you aren't go to change. Teams losing games, selling players,with a poor and unhappy squad are more likely to change...and so are more likely to lose regardless of plan a b or c!

When things don't go so well you have to think about change. ...sometimes it works ... sometimes you need to have faith in sticking with it.

Couple games ago it was working. ..too early to panic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Every team has worked out us now we went unbeaten in 10 but in a run of games where we were playing the more poor teams in the league does anybody else feel we should try changing something once we have our attacking full backs back fit maybe 

                    Carson

        Keogh  pearce  shacks

Christie                                  lowe

            Johnson  butterfield

                     Hughes 

          Ince            bent/nugent/vydra

 

Can we play 13?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Dont even need to defend against us we got 11 players all on different wave lengths the only 3 players deseave to wear the shirts is carson hughes and ince 

Yep good point. Them defenders that are breaking clean sheets records are not fit to wear the shirt. 

And don't even get me started on them clowns that won 7 games in a row.

Would like the players to have a read of this forum and let them say who they think are fit to call themselves DCFC suporters, would make interesting reading I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, davenportram said:

Hmmm yet another chance to get into the top 6 goes begging. It's almost like we can't win important games. 

Just not quite good enough to get into the top 6, -  image if we won them and again had a re run of 2008!

Didn't  Mel say he did want that again, well we are currently miles away from having a side that is capable of two 2.

Spoke to a Leeds mate last night, who told me they have played and were beaten by both Brighton and Newcastle and he thought as good as Leeds played are they are not a match for those top 2

Maybe next season for us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.