Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nah it was in the paper the other day bud. 

Shackell & Lowe are staying behind in Derby. 

Yeh thats what I meant by obviously not gone due to injury. Normally you cant pay attention to training numbers in preseason but for the likes of Grant Hughes Shackells numbers to obviously not be there and then not ince it shows he hasnt travelled.

If numbers had no relevance then all numbers would be there and someone like Davies could wear 5

13 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Well done. Look at TRAINING GEAR SEE BELOW 

On that TRAINING GEAR IT GOT NUMBER 2. 

Maybe they trained in the old kit and afterwards he was told to quickly chuck on one of the new shirts for the sake of the video? Doubt he trained in that top - he looks pretty refreshed. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Maybe they trained in the old kit and afterwards he was told to quickly chuck on one of the new shirts for the sake of the video? Doubt he trained in that top - he looks pretty refreshed. 

No idea. You're right on last bit of your post though. 

Also, of course numbers are assigned to players even at this early stage of the season. How else would everyone get the right sizes? This ain't one-size fits all, "grab any shirt from the bag", Sunday league!

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Basically it's a number within a range of say 2-5m?

I have to confess that it's very difficult to say,and since making my post I realised that with Nugent being signed in Jan,there'll only be a half year's amortisation for him,so my 'could easily be £4m' downgrades to 'could be £4m'. I based my estimate on virtually zero RVs for Anya and Nugent (so effectively calculating amortisation the 'old' way'. From what I saw of the year's amortisation charge for 15/16 compared to the total value of incoming players' regs,it seemed that the average RV was a fairly high percentage of the all in fee.This means that some (and probably a lot) would have RVs closer to the fee,than zero,whilst others would be closer to zero. I think that the age of the player is a significant factor,and is the reason why I think that Vydra would have been put in at a pretty high RV.

Although it's impossible to say,I think I'll still stick to my £3m -£4m estimate.

Just now, ramblur said:

I have to confess that it's very difficult to say,and since making my post I realised that with Nugent being signed in Jan,there'll only be a half year's amortisation for him,so my 'could easily be £4m' downgrades to 'could be £4m'. I based my estimate on virtually zero RVs for Anya and Nugent (so effectively calculating amortisation the 'old' way'. From what I saw of the year's amortisation charge for 15/16 compared to the total value of incoming players' regs,it seemed that the average RV was a fairly high percentage of the all in fee.This means that some (and probably a lot) would have RVs closer to the fee,than zero,whilst others would be closer to zero. I think that the age of the player is a significant factor,and is the reason why I think that Vydra would have been put in at a pretty high RV.

Although it's impossible to say,I think I'll still stick to my £3m -£4m estimate.

That's a pretty narrow range mate. 

Lots of variables as you correctly state. I'm less punchy than you but the truth will out eventually. 

As a player travelling out, when you see your star player(s) not there it must be pretty demoralising.

The more Rowett and co talk about moral being at a high I often think it's a smokescreen. With no Ince on this trip I think that does confirm a lot. Rowett has a heck of a job on his hands and if he gets this lot (even with new signings) anywhere near top six, it'll be a miracle.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

As a player travelling out, when you see your star player(s) not there it must be pretty demoralising.

The more Rowett and co talk about moral being at a high I often think it's a smokescreen. With no Ince on this trip I think that does confirm a lot. Rowett has a heck of a job on his hands and if he gets this lot (even with new signings) anywhere near top six, it'll be a miracle.

But you could argue that the other wide/ attacking players realise there is a spot in the team up for grabs and will bust a gut in training.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Right bundle of laughs you are

Archived