Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

McClaren mentioned that Camara pulled out of the squad at the weekend due to personal problems with his wife. 

Perhaps there's something in this. 

But it would be a massive shame, as in his odd cameo here and there he's looked like a real impact player. 

Impact at doing what?

I don't think he's been given a chance but I don't ever think he's been good enough when he has played.

Sadly I'll always remember the shocking corner at Hull away in the play-off second leg. Injury time, everyone is up, Razza to whip it in - it bounced before it hit the first defender!

Personally wouldn't be fussed either way. Haven't seen enough of him to know exactly but seems a decent 'super sub' for us when the opposition is tiring but if we can recoup what we got him for or possibly more I'd take it. Seems a decent bloke and hope he succeeds whether that's here or elsewhere.

The powers that be must see things in training that we don't.

For me he has had too few chances and has usually looked dangerous and seriously quick. I'd like him to play more but I don't get to see him on the training ground so clearly there must be something that isn't as god as the packaging. Pity as far as I am concerned. Players with game changing pace and a good touch combined are not easy to find. 

Knew straight away from watching him, especially in that FA Cup match against Manchester United, that he just wasn't good enough. One moment he just waited for the ball to come to him, allowing their fullback to easily nick infront and start a breakaway. It was so ametuerish and showed his lack of football intelligence.

His only attribute is he is quick. Aside from that, he offers very little. He gets the ball and just runs in a staight line down the wing, running into a corridor before being crowded out.

Definitely not good enough, and I'm not sure you could train him to be good enough.

Good luck Razza!

Would prefer not to let him go, his skill and pace off the bench gives us something different against tired legs. However therein lies the issue- off the bench. I don't think he's got the footballing intelligence to start for us, he's not good enough defensively and his passing can sometimes be off, maybe he wants to go somewhere he will start. Hopefully though this will pave the way for sako to join

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Knew straight away from watching him, especially in that FA Cup match against Manchester United, that he just wasn't good enough. One moment he just waited for the ball to come to him, allowing their fullback to easily nick infront and start a breakaway. It was so ametuerish and showed his lack of football intelligence.

His only attribute is he is quick. Aside from that, he offers very little. He gets the ball and just runs in a staight line down the wing, running into a corridor before being crowded out.

Definitely not good enough, and I'm not sure you could train him to be good enough.

Good luck Razza!

Unpopular opinion but totally agree! Watched him come on agaings Wigan and he just looks like a lower league player. His touch etc is awful, has one attribute which is pace.

fair play to him always tried and made an effort, there must be a reason 4 managers have deemed him not worthy of starting. If can get anything like our money back I'd be amazed. Good luck to him wherever he goes

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Good luck Razza!

I do really enjoy your posts Bris and I tend to agree here..but is there something masochistic in your nature? This is so open to ridicule it's frightening!

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Good luck Razza!

You could say the same about Russell and Weimann, whose main attributes are pace and a willingness to run.

None of us know what impact he could have made given a run in the team, so saying "I knew he wasn't good enough the moment I saw him" is a little unfair and, if you don't mind me saying so, a touch pretentious.

Just now, Chester40 said:

I do really enjoy your posts Bris and I tend to agree here..but is there something masochistic in your nature? This is so open to ridicule it's frightening!

I like a bit of controversy on here, admittedly. I could have been a lot less harsh on the player, but I have a reputation of being an unpopular so and so to uphold!

Stems back to the Clough days I believe. I just told it how it was, got plenty of stick for it, and quite enjoyed being open to abuse. I mean, I stand 100% behind my opinions, I just have a way of expressing them on here.

I could have just said that I don't believe Razza is good enough. But would that really be worthy of a post? I have to make it at least a little interesting!

7 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You could say the same about Russell and Weimann, whose main attributes are pace and a willingness to run.

None of us know what impact he could have made given a run in the team, so saying "I knew he wasn't good enough the moment I saw him" is a little unfair and, if you don't mind me saying so, a touch pretentious.

I also said Weimann wasn't good enough from the day we signed him,or at least he never fitted in the system we had been playing, so it's nothing against Razza.

26 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Got a decent cross on him too... Has been highlighted by Anya getting back in the team who can barely cross at all...

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

His wife his pregnant with his second baby. Will try and get some more info on this. Hopefully there hasn't been any complications in the pregnancy and it's purely a case of them wanting to go back to bring a stable environment for the family. 

That would put the "its a personal reason, there's nothing sinister in it"comments from Mac into perspective.

Archived