Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

47 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Maybe Uncle Mel has done a little "local neighbours" help policy where we publicly bid for their players so that N'Castle and Villa pay over the odds for them and Fawaz can get some of his money back before he leaves?

Well, we do owe him a number plate and a couple of wing mirrors.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If it makes you all feel any better, we're confident of Lansbury but are also trying to land Hourihane. However, everyone and his dog are also after Hourihane whose agent is busy touting him around Premier League clubs and it's thought unlikely even Sam can get his man. And yes we do also have other midfield targets.

That's what I'm told but I am surprised about Lansbury because if new owners do finally arrive down the roadf it's likely a terrible first first move for them in terms of PR. Whatever, Henri can't be done quickly because of the takeover so I'd expect other incomings first.

Even with villa and Watford bidding for him?

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If it makes you all feel any better, we're confident of Lansbury but are also trying to land Hourihane. However, everyone and his dog are also after Hourihane whose agent is busy touting him around Premier League clubs and it's thought unlikely even Sam can get his man. And yes we do also have other midfield targets.

That's what I'm told but I am surprised about Lansbury because if new owners do finally arrive down the roadf it's likely a terrible first first move for them in terms of PR. Whatever, Henri can't be done quickly because of the takeover so I'd expect other incomings first.

very interesting, Lansbury in terms of quality I do think would be a good signing, as would Hourihane.

I'm a tad worried that we've not seen any links to fullbacks yet considering we're down to our last RB and we may be forced to play a CDM at LB...

16 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Just sggesting. This is all hypothetical. We hypothetically bid for him and we hypothetically offer them £3m then we hypothetically offer them a player on loan. They then hypothetically accept. Just a forum. I'm just hupothetically making suggestions hope this one is more politically correct for you 

Hypothetically put yourself in the Barnsley manager's shoes. We try and buy their best player and in return offer them some cash and one of our worst players who's not played for months and is probably paid higher wages than every member of their squad. It'd give him a right chuckle. 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Hypothetically put yourself in the Barnsley manager's shoes. We try and buy their best player and in return offer them some cash and one of our worst players who's not played for months and is probably paid higher wages than every member of their squad. It'd give him a right chuckle. 

If they were to sell us this player, the only one of our squad who would interest them in return would be Butterfield, in all probability. 

I haven't seen enough of this lad to know how good he is, but Butterfield at his best is a very good Championship midfielder.

Is there any point in bidding?  I wouldn't bid much more than 3m for a player with 6 months left on his contract and unless is a lot higher than other bids Fawaz won't sell to us anyway.

If Lansbury wants to come to us it will be for free in the summer, if he moves during this window (highly likely imo) it will be elsewhere.

The question is more about what he's worth in general as a player, how badly we need/want him, what else is on the market (and would they want to come to Derby). 

If we take Lansbury out of the mix, how many comparable alternatives can people come with in the sub 3-4m bracket? 

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd offer 5m, but tell Fawaz the offer will be reduced by 250k every hour until he gives us an answer.

When he rings back, laugh and put the phone down!

You should offer your services to Forest.

They surely do need someone with a more professional touch. :rolleyes:

Archived